Author Topic: low low half circles motions  (Read 6354 times)

pijaibros

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
low low half circles motions
« on: November 24, 2011, 11:23:09 PM »
Since going to the KOF training modes, I've noticed that many of the characters have (for example)

;dn k   ;dn k   ( ;fd ;df ;dn ;db ;bk ) x2 PP in some of their BnB trial combos

is there a better way of doing this combination? i find that trying to buffer the moves while doing the half circles are either buffering into another command special or just not coming out at all. i would like to be consistent at getting this motion and not just squeaking by the trials.

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: low low half circles motions
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2011, 11:27:57 PM »
Well, does it have to be directly down? Could you do ;df or  ;db? Then you can buffer the  ;fd ;df or the  ;bk ;db motion real easy.

omegaryuji

• Scion of Flame
  • And they called it puppy love
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2011, 11:44:29 PM »
 ;fd ;df ;dn;b
;db ;bk ;fd ;df ;dn+ ;b
;db ;bk+ ;a ;c
Old man/bad player

pijaibros

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2011, 11:49:14 PM »
well according to the trail mode i'm going through (saiki in this example) that motion in the first post is what's asked.

i can buffer one standing one low and the 2 half circles, but for the life of me, i cannot do two low hits into the half circles. it seems i lose what i initially buffered by tacking on the second low. which is why i wonder if there's a better way to successfully do two low hits into two half circles.

;fd ;df ;dn;b
;db ;bk ;fd ;df ;dn+ ;b
;db ;bk+ ;a ;c though this may work for buffering them in. i'll try this later and hopefully this improves my consistency
« Last Edit: November 25, 2011, 01:43:07 AM by pijaibros »

BioBooster

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
  • PSN: BioBoosterUnit
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2011, 02:02:18 AM »
What omegaryuji has above is what I normally do and that works pretty well in XIII (once you get used to it).

Trial mode simply gives you the text book inputs so those can be ignored as long as the moves themselves are performed.

Nice on being able to get 2 half circles into a low attack. I once saw a Clark player who would do s.A s.A (confirm) then his UAB DM consistently - fast hands, that was freakish.

omegaryuji

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2011, 03:07:26 AM »
Nice on being able to get 2 half circles into a low attack. I once saw a Clark player who would do s.A s.A (confirm) then his UAB DM consistently - fast hands, that was freakish.
That one isn't too bad in the KOFs where Clark thankfully lacks a hcb+P move.  Just s.A, hcb+A, hcb+(confirm)A/C/AC
Old man/bad player

BioBooster

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
  • PSN: BioBoosterUnit
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2011, 03:20:36 AM »
No no, I was watching the guy play. He wouldn't initiate any cmds until the 2nd s.A - was ridiculous. Was on '98 or one of the older ones, but before 2k2 etc. when he had shining wizard like us say.

Or this guy would run up and s.A only once sometimes, then just crank UAB insanely and get it to combo o_O

It was crazed.

Ryudo

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2011, 10:13:39 PM »
Well i guess I'm not the only one right now im also having trouble doing a similar combo but with a different character. I'm at Shen Woo's 3rd trial I believe.
 ;dn ;b  ;dn  ;a   ;fd ;df ;dn ;db ;bk ;fd  ;a or  ;c

omegaryuji

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2011, 10:17:07 PM »
Same concept.

;dn ;b
 ;fd ;df ;dn ;a
 ;db ;bk ;fd ;a or ;c
« Last Edit: November 25, 2011, 10:51:23 PM by omegaryuji »
Old man/bad player

Ryudo

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2011, 08:46:31 AM »
Thanx alot omega i've been literally practicing that combo for like 2 hours off and on. Now time to try it on the left side. XD

Raxphiel

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2011, 01:43:37 AM »
Will this method also work with kula's trial 4?
;dn ;b;dn ;b;b;fd ;dn ;df ;c;fd ;df ;dn ;db ;bk x2  ;a or  ;c.
It feels very unnatural to go from dp motion to hcb's - the time frame it takes to input also feels quite small.

omegaryuji

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2011, 10:59:15 PM »
I think you can input hcb,f as an alternate for the dp motion.  So you can probably do:

;dn ;b
 ;dn ;b
  ;fd ;b
 ;df ;dn ;db ;bk ;fd ;c
 ;df ;dn ;db ;bk ;a or  ;c
Old man/bad player

Raxphiel

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2011, 10:43:17 PM »
Just got a chance to try this out and got it on the second try. Works like a charm! Thanks for the help omegaryuji!

Tropxe

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2011, 02:40:17 PM »
I understand the principle of this, I've used it in 2D fighting games before, but I'm having a real problem doing incredibly simple chains like  ;dn ;b, ;dn ;b, ;b. I don't know what it is, but I can do much more complicated and impressive-looking combos, but any time it asks me to do that, I'm screwed. Inserting it into the movements of a buffered move seems even harder. Just by way of comparison, I can do combos with King that are like: 

j. ;c, ;d (2-hits), ;df ;d, ;dn ;df ;fd ;b ;d, ;dn ;df ;fd ;b , ;fd ;df ;dn ;db ;bk ;d, ;dn ;df ;fd ;b ;d, ;dn ;df ;fd ;dn ;df ;fd ;b ;d

And with a lot more consistency than the humble chain mentioned at the start of the post. The main problem I have with that longer combo, and ones like it, is actually no comboing the jump-in to the standing D. Again, the simpler, more fundamental things seem harder to me.
My team so far: Vice | King | Most likely K', Kula or EX Iori

Klandestinie

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2011, 05:54:08 PM »
I'm having issues with Elisabeth's trial combos for some reason, even the simple ones. I'm not the greatest at execution, but that's something that I'm trying to improve on.

Two combos in particular are giving me trouble.

;dn ;b ;dn ;a  ;fd ;dn ;df ;a

DP's are the bane of my existence and I want to learn how to buffer them in a combo like this.

Another of her combos is the one where you have to buffer from her command normal from  ;fd ;b to  ;dn ;df ;fd ;b and then  ;fd ;df ;dn ;db ;bk ;fd ;a. For the life of me I can't figure that one out. Help please?