Author Topic: Greetings  (Read 1910 times)

Sanger Zonvolt

• New Challenger
  • KOF Trainee
    • View Profile
Greetings
« on: November 25, 2011, 10:11:01 AM »
Hi, KOF scrub here trying to learn the game.

KOF XIII is the first KOF I will be actually trying to get good at, I have played KOF and fighting games for a while, but I didn't start trying to actually get good at fighters till about 2-3 years ago when Blazblue came out, before just mashed out whatever with only a basic understanding of fundamentals. 

I have poor execution and skills sadly, but I love fighting games with all my heart still. KOF always was my favorite when it came to characters and general gameplay.

I not only want to get good at XIII, but 98/UM as well, sadly it isn't on PSN yet nor any community to play with here.

So far I've played 96, 98, 2006, XI, NGBC, and XIII. Heard good things about 2002 UM , so gonna play that soon as well. Right now playing KOF XIII and AH3 as my main games.

That's about it, as a beginner some things I'm having trouble with are short hops, not sure how many can pull them so consistently, and can't do any HD combos yet.

I hate Street Fighter 4.

omegaryuji

• Scion of Flame
  • And they called it puppy love
    • View Profile
Re: Greetings
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2011, 02:15:06 PM »
Welcome to DC :)

Stuff like hops and good combos will come with practice and experience.
Old man/bad player

baccano1932

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2011, 02:12:55 AM »
Hello and welcome to Dream Cancel Sanger Zonvolt, it's a pleasure to meet you and in good time everything comes together as long as you learn from your experiences and kick your mind open to what needs to be addressed.
"simply learning does not make one learned there are those who have knowledge and those who have understanding".

Delta

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2011, 02:49:48 AM »
Welcome to the family Zanger, enjoy your time here :)

Rex Dart

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2011, 08:10:07 PM »
Nice to have you here.  :)

I was actually in a very similar boat as you before XIII came out. Playing the game a lot in arcades forced me to improve my game, since I didn't want to waste all my money. I spent so long in that training mode...

Anyway, I really feel like my efforts have paid off, thanks in no small part to the community here. I hope you'll also find the help you need!

DR.Howard

• New Challenger
  • why am i so bad!?!?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2011, 08:31:34 PM »
KOF13 HD combos are very tough, you are not the only one struggling with it :)
Utah's Legendary Fighting Sprite!
Gtag: comingfat D