Author Topic: What's Up DC? Cincinnati(WTF) Here  (Read 2136 times)

ShoTheEmcee

• New Challenger
  • With Honor
    • View Profile
What's Up DC? Cincinnati(WTF) Here
« on: November 25, 2011, 11:51:33 AM »
I never really thought to make an account on a KOF forum before, but with XIII catching some momentum to actually have a scene here (as well as my unconditional interest in the game regardless) I figured now is as good a time as any to dive (back) into the KOF series. Started, and pretty much ended with 95' but I LOVED that game to death. It had the soundtrack right on the CD. Arashi no Saxaphone is still one of my favorite fighting game tracks of all time. After that though, I really didn't see KOF again until XI which even then I never owned, just kind of had a short fling with at a friends house. XIII however, has definitely caught my attention to get back. Timing is everything right? Capcom stays screwing over the fighting game community these days so I'd want to support competitors just by default but everything I've seen on the game looks solid.

Been playing fighting games all my life but started competitively about 3 years ago or so. Tekken is my main game I dabble in Marvel but I don't consider my skills anywhere up to where my Tekken skills are. Need a solid 2D game to really sink my teeth into. Shout out to Running Wild, illest monk on DFO, and hope to try and get competitive at the KOF series.
I wonder what Dr. King saw when he had nightmares...

omegaryuji

• Scion of Flame
  • And they called it puppy love
    • View Profile
Re: What's Up DC? Cincinnati(WTF) Here
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2011, 02:15:36 PM »
Welcome to DC :)
Old man/bad player

baccano1932

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2011, 02:15:25 AM »
Hello and welcome to Dream Cancel ShoTheEmcee, it's a pleasure to meet you and welcome back to the KOF series.
"simply learning does not make one learned there are those who have knowledge and those who have understanding".

ShoTheEmcee

• New Challenger
  • With Honor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2011, 07:17:26 AM »
Thanks guys. Good to get back into this. My PSN is the same as my s/n here, if the net for 13 ever gets up to par.

Also what's the feeling that this game will filter into the rest of the community? Like what're the chances of KOF at Evo in 2012?
I wonder what Dr. King saw when he had nightmares...

Rex Dart

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2011, 08:17:37 PM »
Greetings! It's nice to have you with us, and I hope you enjoy your time here.

Also what's the feeling that this game will filter into the rest of the community? Like what're the chances of KOF at Evo in 2012?

We're all hoping it makes it into Evo in 2012. For now, we'll see how well it does at SoCal regionals this December.  :)

pijaibros

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2011, 01:27:51 AM »
Hey. fellow Ohioman. I'm located up here in Cleveland, so unless I get down to Arcade Legacy I likely won't run into you. But hey, it means we may have a good connection over Live.

I am pushing this game hard among our group up here and am hoping it becomes a staple not just here but across the midwest. It will be tough since this game has tight links, a strict combo system, no shortcuts, and no silly comeback mechanics. But it oozes style and everything is so satisfying to pull off!

Throwing a tourney up here on Jan 8th. I will definitely be running KOFXIII!

DR.Howard

• New Challenger
  • why am i so bad!?!?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2011, 08:27:40 PM »
kof at evo would be god like! welcome dude
Utah's Legendary Fighting Sprite!
Gtag: comingfat D

Sanger Zonvolt

• New Challenger
  • KOF Trainee
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2011, 08:36:15 PM »
Welcome to DC.

Hey. fellow Ohioman. I'm located up here in Cleveland, so unless I get down to Arcade Legacy I likely won't run into you. But hey, it means we may have a good connection over Live.

I am pushing this game hard among our group up here and am hoping it becomes a staple not just here but across the midwest. It will be tough since this game has tight links, a strict combo system, no shortcuts, and no silly comeback mechanics. But it oozes style and everything is so satisfying to pull off!

Throwing a tourney up here on Jan 8th. I will definitely be running KOFXIII!
I may have to come to that.