Author Topic: Trial Mode Combos  (Read 10963 times)

sociald

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
Re: Trial Mode Combos
« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2011, 10:05:11 PM »
honestly i liek the trials that hard. mvc and sf4 was kinda boring and most of them were just a waste since u they were not so good in the game.

here u can have both a challenge and a combo to use in the match.
till now i finished vice which seems easy to me.
missing one trial of leona ... 7 ? the one who carry the opponent from side to side
and started king and mature ... till now i feel mature is pretty hard.

trial 8 of vice is not too hard just remember u have LOTS of times to cancel overkill after splash
honestly with the shortcut i cant make it come out i feel better doing the full move after splash and i dont know if this could help i noticed i feel confortable to do a 360 then up down but maybe it is just me and u can use correctly the shortcut !

Gimnbo

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 29, 2011, 04:55:27 PM »
A question on Vice Lv 8 trial, how does one super cancel the last part? I tried various way but failed, please shed some light combo experts.

Same way you did it in Lv 4. The demo play should make it pretty clear what to do.

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN id: Musolini187 Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 29, 2011, 06:20:42 PM »
i really needed to cheat my way with some of the easier combos. takuma for instance had this seemingly easy of 3x crouching ;b crouching ;a into ranbu, easy, right? guess not. had to make the combo 50+ hits, use all my dc bars and some dm bars to make it work cause they kept on getting out of range with the final crouching ;a before the the ranbu. i needed to do this method with other seemingly easy combos that where actually hard. duo long 3x crouching ;a into rekka? check. vice's 2 crouching lights into her grab dm, check.

oh yeah, on that point. a lt of the old buffer methods and shortcuts don't seem to work or are a lot harder this time around, ive completed some more characters trials but am still having difficulty with some things, for instance:

is there an easy way to cancel 2 crouching lights into ;fd ;df ;dn ;db ;bk ;fd ;df ;dn ;db ;bk grab dm's. im stuck with actually cancelling that last light into the dm very fast but can't do it consistently, the old ;df ;bk ;df ;bk shortcut doesn't seem to work  anymore, any help? also any execution help with cancelling into vice's air dm after the shoulder follow-up?  shit seems harder than it should be. in the end we can cheat our ways through the trials, but not being able to do these combos means that in a lot of cases you'll have to spend extra bars or sacrifice damage to make it work. in some cases you can cut on the amount of crouching lights to make it work without using extra bars. butin other cases like the grapplers we need to learn how to do those crouching lights into grab dm etc.

if people wanna share some tips, go ahead. i got 1 for raidens ;db ;fd ;a into ;db ;fd ;a ;c, just do ;db ;fd ;db ;a, keep charging and after the hit do ;fd ;a ;c. this way you wont have to use an extra dc meter for the combo to work.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2011, 06:23:18 PM by MUSOLINI »
In the end, there can only be XIII.

Still mo sweet Chariots, keep on swingin'!

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
  • Even in the Darkness, Light Shines Through
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 29, 2011, 06:38:55 PM »
Whoa, I don't remember Duo's being that annoying.

As for the Low, Low, Half Circles...depends on the character.  For most, best you can do is try to sneak in the Lows while buffering the Half Circles.
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN id: Musolini187 Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 29, 2011, 06:54:48 PM »
easier said than done, especially in a match. and yeah was just making a point with duo, cause his is actually easy compared to takumas retarded one. is there anybody that can actually do thqt one consecutive without cheating, using more bars than needed?
In the end, there can only be XIII.

Still mo sweet Chariots, keep on swingin'!

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 29, 2011, 06:56:20 PM »
easier said than done, especially in a match. and yeah was just making a point with duo, cause his is actually easy compared to takumas retarded one. is there anybody that can actually do thqt one consecutive without cheating, using more bars than needed?

I'll try it when I get home later after my college class, but idk, I probably won't be able to do it either.

And I know the Low, Low, CG is easier said than done, but the option that I gave seems to be the best...even if its still difficult as hell.
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

Gimnbo

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 29, 2011, 07:23:31 PM »
I highly doubt that people are going to be so greedy in an actual match that they have to do 3xB as opposed to 2xB with the Takuma hit confirm.

GuamoKun

• Rising Dragon
  • I MISSES YOU.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 29, 2011, 09:41:00 PM »
The only part of the trials that I think are ridiculous are stuff like doing  ( ;dn ;b )X3 into HD cancel or following up a projectile with a normal.

Other than that, I look at the HD cancels they give us and work from there.

For example, a lot of Saiki's HD combos have him use the  ;bk ;b follow up from his DP, but I just cancel his dp into his  ;dn ;df ;fd ;c then a  ;dn ;df ;fd ;a instead, it is easier to pull of and does give a large amount of damage if repeated into  an eventual maxcancel.

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 29, 2011, 10:48:12 PM »
What's your Saiki HD combo?  I need one.

GuamoKun

• Rising Dragon
  • I MISSES YOU.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 29, 2011, 10:53:09 PM »
 ;c;b ;c;c;dn ;db ;bk ;b- ;dn ;df ;fd ;c, ;dn ;df ;fd ;a;fd ;dn ;df ;b- ;dn ;df ;fd ;c, ;dn ;df ;fd ;a, ;dn ;fd ;df ;b- ;dn ;df ;fd ;c, ;dn ;df ;fd ;a, ;fd ;dn ;df ;d- ;dn ;df ;fd X2  ;d- ;dn ;db ;bk ;db ;dn ;df ;fd ;a ;c

moves with a hyphen are canceled into each other. you kinda have to do a TINY delay between the  ;dn ;df ;fd ;c into the  ;dn ;df ;fd ;a so that it doesn't whiff

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 29, 2011, 11:24:44 PM »
No, I'm used to doing the QCF+C into QCF+A already for that trial corner combo which I've been using as a placeholder for a decent HD combo.

Now how good are you at confirming into st.C in order to hit that combo and is that combo possible midscreen?

GuamoKun

• Rising Dragon
  • I MISSES YOU.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 29, 2011, 11:48:22 PM »
No, I'm used to doing the QCF+C into QCF+A already for that trial corner combo which I've been using as a placeholder for a decent HD combo.

Now how good are you at confirming into st.C in order to hit that combo and is that combo possible midscreen?

Ah it's not so hard off the st.C well I have no problem with it.

Its corner only sadly but I'll try more combos with him. I just picked him up last night lol

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 30, 2011, 07:31:03 AM »
Well I went into training mode quick to do HD combos with Saiki...and honestly, instead of making the first loop C xx QCB+B xx QCF+C, you can make it a lot easier on yourself to just start with a DP+B on that as well.  Easier to remember, perform (since you only need to hold in C to perform the HD cancel), and it does more damage.  I'll post it on the Saiki forum now.

Mookie

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 30, 2011, 11:13:02 AM »
ash 9 is useful because it teaches you the dizzy combo setup and 10 is obviously useful since it teaches you how to transition from hd to sans-culottes and also how to combo germinal. they aren't optimal combos on their own but they give you the building blocks

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 30, 2011, 05:42:41 PM »
And that's probably the best part of the Trials, not so much the combos themselves, but within them you can see what the character can do and how to work off of that into your own combos.