Author Topic: Trial Mode Combos  (Read 10958 times)

Sanger Zonvolt

• New Challenger
  • KOF Trainee
    • View Profile
Trial Mode Combos
« on: November 25, 2011, 06:05:22 PM »
I just wanted to ask how valid they are and if they are actually worth learning/using versus community BnBs.

Right now I'm playing K', Ash, Iori, and Leona.

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
  • Even in the Darkness, Light Shines Through
    • View Profile
Re: Trial Mode Combos
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2011, 06:10:33 PM »
Well from what I can tell, usually they're viable for actual play until Trial 9 in which case they throw everything and the kitchen sink at you.
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

darkTown2

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2011, 07:59:07 PM »
yeah most of them seem pretty viable

if not you could always look in the wiki.
psn: darkTown2
kof 13: kyo,iori,k'

steamwolf

• Scion of Flame
  • Southtown Underdog
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2011, 10:36:58 PM »
Just from messing with a few, they're pretty viable. Some things are a bit harder to do (Like Rising Tackle > Power Geyser) but that gets more into advanced motion storing. For such things, I'd recommended checking our Tutorials section.

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2011, 10:51:58 PM »
Yea, that Rising Tackle into Power Geyser cancel is a bit harder, but in an HD combo, it gives you an option of doing a combo outside of the corner because the pushback is less than with Burn Knuckle.

Sanger Zonvolt

• New Challenger
  • KOF Trainee
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2011, 05:32:00 AM »
While on the subject, any of Iori's, K's, or Ash's combos from arcade no longer work?

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2011, 05:55:16 AM »
While on the subject, any of Iori's, K's, or Ash's combos from arcade no longer work?

Iori's, dunno.  K's, some of his BnBs.  Ash's, I believe he's intact.
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN id: Musolini187 Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2011, 07:29:24 PM »
wow im ashamed to admit it, maxima is the only character i completed the trials with (and billy yesterday on friends 360, possibly saiki to iirc). every character has like 2 or 3 retarded hard ones too much for my brain to remember or too hard for my pad.

on that note, i need a new controller. playing this game on analog is a bitch. also was the right qnalog always this much in the way of my punch buttons? the combos ive fucked up because of this, fuck.
In the end, there can only be XIII.

Still mo sweet Chariots, keep on swingin'!

Sharnt

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2011, 08:00:01 PM »
From what i have seen on videos something like 90% of these combos are useless. You have often better, easier or cheaper combos than Trials ones, they are here for the challenge to have done them.
Follow me on Twitter for a lot of stuff on KoF XIII :
https://twitter.com/SharntGroMuzo

darkTown2

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2011, 08:06:20 PM »
From what i have seen on videos something like 90% of these combos are useless. You have often better, easier or cheaper combos than Trials ones, they are here for the challenge to have done them.

while you do have better options this doesn't mean that they are useless if they get you decent damage for whatever amount of meter you're using they are practical. while they may not be the best option if they get the point across that makes them viable. ( not saying there aren't any that are bad)
psn: darkTown2
kof 13: kyo,iori,k'

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2011, 08:27:43 PM »
wow im ashamed to admit it, maxima is the only character i completed the trials with (and billy yesterday on friends 360, possibly saiki to iirc). every character has like 2 or 3 retarded hard ones too much for my brain to remember or too hard for my pad.

on that note, i need a new controller. playing this game on analog is a bitch. also was the right qnalog always this much in the way of my punch buttons? the combos ive fucked up because of this, fuck.

Hey, at least you completed a character's trials.

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2011, 08:41:28 PM »
problemis that ive finished all sf4 trials, all mvc3 trialsand i dont even like or play that game. looking at the ps2 games, ive completed all the trials for games like 98um, 02um and xi. problem is hd mode is so unnnatural to me with the amount of moves you need to do that im actually haviing problems just remembering the combos,let alone performing them on my crappy controller. i actually planned on doing all the trails, with mentioned games this too9k me between the 2 or 3 days. i honestly dont think ill have these trias done in even a month, maybe ifi  casn fetch myself a neocd usb pad for ps3.

on that note, anybody wanna sell me theirs? im willing to pay 30 bucks for it.

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2011, 08:46:21 PM »
Muso, Capcom game trials are easy mode compared to this.  I didn't know 98/02/XI had them though.

But yeah, just remembering what you have to do is a pain in the ass.

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 28, 2011, 04:50:35 PM »
98 um had combos consisting of 5 to not even 10 moves max. XI had long as combos, but they where easier thanx to the normal feel of them (no HD mode) and super easy execution. it got a lil harder with those tag combos but not hd mode hard imo. at least i finished a couple more trials, i def need a new controller though, analog gives me trouble with charge moves and cancelling charge moves, d-pad is a bitch for old school tiger knee motions etc. lol, im juggling between d-pad and analog during certain combos just to be able to do the trial. shit looks retarded. at least ima try to finish all trials, and never touch them again till i got a worthwhile controller.

nilcam, if you happen to have 2 neo usb pads, please sell me 1 homey.

gazette

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 28, 2011, 07:41:17 PM »
A question on Vice Lv 8 trial, how does one super cancel the last part? I tried various way but failed, please shed some light combo experts.