Author Topic: KOFXIII Back Roll Option Select  (Read 2529 times)

Kirah

• Rising Dragon
  • <}Suspendisse Brujo{>
    • View Profile
KOFXIII Back Roll Option Select
« on: November 29, 2011, 07:15:09 AM »
Not sure if this was already discovered, but I figured this out while in the laboratory i'll use Benimaru as an example so the sequence is:

J.D > 4AB ~ 5D

Explanation: So it works as follows if Benimaru's JD whiffs, you automatically land and back roll. I figured it could work versus 2B short hop anti airs. Thought comments, also i'm sorry if this is old technology, i'm still pretty new to the KOF series.
MBAA: Artifex Hyacinthinas
KOFXIII: Athena\ K' \ Leona or \Kyo

nightmoves

• Strongest Tiger
  • STAND UP!!
    • View Profile
Re: KOFXIII Back Roll Option Select
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2011, 07:17:36 AM »
I've heard talk about this in another thread, though I haven't actually tried it out myself yet. Thanks for the info, though.

BioBooster

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN: BioBoosterUnit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2011, 08:38:37 AM »
Yeah that's pretty cool. Never thought of doing that. I'm old school KOF, but guess my tech sucks -lol

Atb_555

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2011, 04:18:54 PM »
It might be very spacing specific if you can get away from an AA cr.B with this method or a simple case that the opponent fluffed the timing to AA you. 

Kirah

• Rising Dragon
  • <}Suspendisse Brujo{>
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2011, 06:22:24 PM »
I was going to test it further today once I got back into the laboratory and i'll post my findings. ^^

Edit:
Atb_555 is definitely correct it helps gets away from poorly timed AA cr.B, also it helps escape pesky reverse input auto-corrects. For example if you ever jumped over Kula and the game autocorrects into her slider shooter. You'll automatically roll and follow her so it can definitely be of use.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2011, 10:41:17 PM by Kirah »
MBAA: Artifex Hyacinthinas
KOFXIII: Athena\ K' \ Leona or \Kyo