Author Topic: KOF 13 Netcode Mystery. The reason SNK won't change GSS  (Read 10732 times)

Homies Over Shotos

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
KOF 13 Netcode Mystery. The reason SNK won't change GSS
« on: November 29, 2011, 11:38:44 AM »
SNK secretly owns GameSyncSoftwares.  If you look at their history, it looks like this

GameSyncSoftware's Timeline

1999   Start developing a network server for online games
2002   GameSyncSoftwares 1.0 release (server-player)
and multi-matching service, KDDI Corporation
jointly announced an SDK for developers
2004   SNK Playmore "KOF94'RB" adopted
Yukusu Inc. "Online Pro Wrestling" release
2005   GameSyncSoftwares 2.0 release (adding support P2P)
2008   GameSyncSoftwares 3.0 release

Now if you look at titles that use GSS's netcode.

Basically one wrestling game and every SNK game that was released on the PS2 in Japan.

We can only conclude that SNK Playmore owns Gamesync Software and or has significant stock in them.  They make money as they con other Japanese developers to use this netcode which works for about a hundred miles and with super internet.

SNK, I C WUT U DID THAR. 

And to you atlus fans who don't know any better, and buy most atlus releases regardless of quailty, this is how Atlus views you.

BioBooster

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
  • PSN: BioBoosterUnit
    • View Profile
Re: KOF 13 Netcode Mystery. The reason SNK won't change GSS
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2011, 11:58:16 AM »
Yo, Dude, you are hilarious. LMAO

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
  • they call me jigga the ultimate ni...yeah
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2011, 04:12:28 PM »
gotta love fatlus

Sabin

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2011, 06:41:26 PM »
I salute you

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
  • Even in the Darkness, Light Shines Through
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2011, 06:45:06 PM »
There are Atlus fans? 
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

mightfo

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2011, 10:42:11 PM »
actual post content aside, could you stop posting like someone who discovered 4chan yesterday and is enamored with it

If you live around Dallas and play KOF, AH3, BB, GG, or MB, PM me~

Gimnbo

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2011, 01:16:39 AM »
I thought reddit was the new asshole of the internet.

mightfo

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2011, 03:40:51 AM »
whatever, the point is the extremely formulaic nature of his posts remind me of parts of 4chan at least a year ago, i dont care whatever else has adopted it

Homies Over Shotos

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2011, 04:00:36 AM »
whatever, the point is the extremely formulaic nature of his posts remind me of parts of 4chan at least a year ago, i dont care whatever else has adopted it

You know, I find it rather funny that you try to play it off as being of an obvious higher class, yet you're the only one that actually seems to take much offense in it.  If I wanted to truly low blow someone like you, I'd point out that you're playing Arcana Heart and Blazblue which is the true domain of 4chan and its ilk.  But let us disregard that bit.

If you truly dislike my post, why then post in the topic?  Did this topic flare up so much anger within you that you simply had to post?

In a way this can be seen as a way to simply cope or poke fun at the fact that the netcode is sub standard and needs to be fixed.  It can also be seen as a jab towards SNK due to the fact that despite GSS's netcode being shit, all of SNKs games use it despite everyone hating it.  And finally it can be observed from the outlook of atlus fans who tend to be so braindead, that they buy anything Atlus releases.  Atlus caters to a very niche rpg fanbase, and those people are some of the most rabid people I've met in my life.  Which is why people tend to poke fun at them because they oftentimes tend to play games alone without any social contact.

Though perhaps the joke is on you, simply for the fact that you wish to discuss something of a serious nature when the internet as a whole is not very serious when it comes to most things.  In the words of Terry, sit back and enjoy it.

mightfo

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2011, 07:12:45 AM »
If I wanted to truly low blow someone like you, I'd point out that you're playing Arcana Heart and Blazblue which is the true domain of 4chan and its ilk.  But let us disregard that bit.
you are only low blowing yourself by desperately conjuring such a random "insult". Why yes, if someone tells me some games I like are "the true domain of 4chan" because they said so, then I will be gravely offended! or ill merely be amazed at their desperate need to defend their use of rehashed images by randomly picking out some of my preferences and imagining negative associations

your point about gss is good but if you legitimately think rehashing the same old "i c wut u did thar" with image macros and all is amusing in every post, then whatever. i don't have a problem with 4chan or reddit or anything, i just am surprised that someone feels that posting the same trollfaces people have seen for years in every post is worth doing, but it is true that i shouldnt judge people's sense of humor, and perhaps you did discover these only recently and so it is not painfully worn out for you

i am not even sure why you went on about atlus etc as if i didnt get the joke
« Last Edit: November 30, 2011, 07:16:24 AM by mightfo »

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2011, 07:13:30 AM »
No offense dude, but it is a troll post. Just another thread to say SNKP sucks and by extension Atlus sucks, stating a fact we largely already knew, and posting images with troll faces.

I understand being pissed about the netcode, but posting a troll post in one of the few places where Atlus/SNKP reps might be looking at doesn't really help the cause. Know what I mean?

This is completely different from Capcom where we have no say in the matter and if something is broken (like 3SOE) they're not going to fix it no matter how obvious it is. We have people here who are in direct contact with people at Atlus/SNKP, they listen to use, they listened to what we wanted and gave us the kind of rebalance that we wanted. They give a shit to say the least and they know they have to keep a good reputation with the people that support.

Total opposite of Capcom, it doesn't matter to them how many Mega Man or SF games you bought, they're going to do whatever they want and take your money regardless of what you like or don't like.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2011, 07:25:29 AM by LouisCipher »
Team: Billy, Clark, Hwa.

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2011, 07:25:16 AM »
No offense dude, but it is a troll post. Just another thread to say SNKP sucks and by extension Atlus sucks, stating a fact we largely already knew, and posting images with troll faces.

I understand being pissed about the netcode, but posting a troll post in one of the few places where Atlus/SNKP reps might be looking at doesn't really help the cause. Know what I mean?
would be nice if we would at least hear a "generic hey we are working on it" comment it would at least keep some of the ragers around here quiet for a bit

Homies Over Shotos

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2011, 07:36:36 AM »

would be nice if we would at least hear a "generic hey we are working on it" comment it would at least keep some of the ragers around here quiet for a bit

Bingo.  This is one of the biggest things that causes the uncertainty.  I remember buying KOF XII day one, and there was a huge amount of silence that came after purchase.  The netcode was pure shit, and we got no answers.  Ignition did its part and actually tried to communicate with its fans, but SNK kept silent and basically did nothing.

It stems from fear that SNK is going to do the same thing again to Atlus. That is what has me worried.  It's basically a repeat of KOF XII when it comes to information patch wise.  It's the fact that they're keeping us in the dark that's making this worse.

One such company that kept talking and kept everyone informed on their game was Overkill Software.  Payday the Heist came out and had a ton of bugs including messed up netcode.  They actually kept in contact with their fans and let them know every step of the way what was happening and when to expect it.  THAT is what we need right now, otherwise the game may very possibly die online and be left for tournaments only.

And for the record, god this game depressed me.  So damn good, yet so damn shitty online wise.  Played someone who was on a fiber connection, and fairly close, yet we had half a second input delay. 

Oh well, I always have offline for this at least.

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
  • Even in the Darkness, Light Shines Through
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2011, 07:38:00 AM »

This is completely different from Capcom where we have no say in the matter and if something is broken (like 3SOE) they're not going to fix it no matter how obvious it is. We have people here who are in direct contact with people at Atlus/SNKP, they listen to use, they listened to what we wanted and gave us the kind of rebalance that we wanted. They give a shit to say the least and they know they have to keep a good reputation with the people that support.

Total opposite of Capcom, it doesn't matter to them how many Mega Man or SF games you bought, they're going to do whatever they want and take your money regardless of what you like or don't like.

Except SNKP tends to do the exact same thing as Capcom, only with less trolling.  Very few patches that don't do anything.

Will it be different with this game, who knows, and I do agree that it's probably best that we don't try to burn any bridges that we might actually have that could give us a shot at a better netcode.

But it's a bit true that we tend to get the cold shoulder from SNKP...like we tend to get from all Japanese...and hell, a lot of Developers period.
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2011, 07:45:16 AM »

Except SNKP tends to do the exact same thing as Capcom, only with less trolling.  Very few patches that don't do anything.

Will it be different with this game, who knows, and I do agree that it's probably best that we don't try to burn any bridges that we might actually have that could give us a shot at a better netcode.

But it's a bit true that we tend to get the cold shoulder from SNKP...like we tend to get from all Japanese...and hell, a lot of Developers period.
a couple of fire bombs should get them to listen not that i would ever firebomb a company or have said materials ready to firebomb a company