Author Topic: Better Starter: Duo Lon or Mature?  (Read 2256 times)

BLACK STAR

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
Better Starter: Duo Lon or Mature?
« on: January 27, 2012, 10:11:36 AM »
Having trouble picking a starter character.  I know Mature has better damage and space control options for zoners, but Duo Lon has better normals, is faster, and has a better ground game.  I keep flip-flopping, so I need the help and advice of you guys before I invest one of these characters into a huge timesink of training time

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: Better Starter: Duo Lon or Mature?
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2012, 11:29:27 AM »
I dunno. If I had to say, I'd pick Duolon. Mature can trap people using her D Massacre and d.A into Massacre again. She's pretty brutal. However, I feel she becomes a lot more brutal with meter and Duolon needs none of it.

Rex Dart

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2012, 09:07:08 PM »
By "starter" character, you mean a battery (i.e. the first character in your team), right? Or do you mean a character for a player new to KOF?

Regardless, I'm going to give a cop-out answer and tell you to try learning both. You need to get good with three characters anyway, so I don't see how trying to learn four characters is unreasonable. Which character you prefer largely depends on your own playstyle anyway.

BLACK STAR

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2012, 10:47:59 PM »
thanks for the replies.

I'm thinking of battery character, yes.  I'm picking one or the other, because I'm still relatively new, and want to really learn my 3 characters well for Final Round coming up in little over a month.  Though I would like to, I don't really want to stretch myself thin with too many characters.

My last two teamcharacters are EX Kyo(2nd) and Claw Iori(3rd)

cableG

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2012, 10:53:41 AM »
Character turned out to be battery issue?
Pigtail cableare made of high quality materials.