Author Topic: Atlus Addressing King of Fighters XIII Online Issues  (Read 13607 times)

oricon

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile

nightmoves

• Strongest Tiger
  • STAND UP!!
    • View Profile
Re: Atlus Addressing King of Fighters XIII Online Issues
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2011, 09:51:30 PM »
Ah, this is great news! I'm glad to see they're taking fans concerns to heart. Thanks for sharing.

R.E.L.

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2011, 10:05:20 PM »
I REALLY hope they improve the netcode soon.  I am loving this game so far and don't want to see it die out just because of poor online play.  I'm glad Atlus is doing what they can! 

BiGGDaddyCane

• Strongest Tiger
  • Got Bills?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2011, 10:06:45 PM »
Knew it would happen in time.

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
  • they call me jigga the ultimate ni...yeah
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2011, 10:49:27 PM »
not trying to be a jackass or anything but SNK please get this right dont make me feel like ive wasted my money

IceWater

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2011, 11:28:09 PM »
Good to hear, now back to waiting to see what gets done by snk.
Xbox Live: Austinm416
Games: SF3OE/KOFXIII

ON-02

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2011, 01:55:18 AM »
Alright, I've been having poor luck with getting a code connection. Hope they fix it soon.

Zerrminator

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2011, 02:52:43 AM »
Since the Netcode Testing thread was locked I'll post this here, not sure if anyone else has noticed this.

I did a test between myself and my brother in KOF, in the same city on Vancouver Broadband. When initially connected via my Router it showed us as having a 3 Bar Connection, which we found very strange as SSFIV always shows us as 4 Bars Green. Then I decided to go right from my Cable Modem to my PS3 and it changed to 4 Bars in KOF. The bad news is that even when it shows us as having a 4 Bar connection the game still had noticeable input lag and didn't feel any better than when it showed a 3 Bar connection. It's actually shocking how bad it is under optimal network conditions when you do side by side tests with SSFIV.

SNKP, please fix this.

YasakaniX

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2012, 06:39:52 PM »
Since the Netcode Testing thread was locked I'll post this here, not sure if anyone else has noticed this.

I did a test between myself and my brother in KOF, in the same city on Vancouver Broadband. When initially connected via my Router it showed us as having a 3 Bar Connection, which we found very strange as SSFIV always shows us as 4 Bars Green. Then I decided to go right from my Cable Modem to my PS3 and it changed to 4 Bars in KOF. The bad news is that even when it shows us as having a 4 Bar connection the game still had noticeable input lag and didn't feel any better than when it showed a 3 Bar connection. It's actually shocking how bad it is under optimal network conditions when you do side by side tests with SSFIV.

SNKP, please fix this.

Well ain't this a coincidence, the same happen for me in NY with a friend of mine. Hopefully this will all change by tomorrow!~ CAN'T WAIT :D

GO4PRO

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2012, 06:48:45 PM »

Well ain't this a coincidence, the same happen for me in NY with a friend of mine. Hopefully this will all change by tomorrow!~ CAN'T WAIT :D
What do you mean? All they're doing today is releasing Mr. Karate and Ex.Kyo for the PS3 users.

Tanner

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2012, 07:51:08 PM »
I don't think he realized he necro'd a month old thread

Mr Bakaboy

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2012, 08:13:14 PM »

SNKP, please fix this.

Just to explain a few things. While it is weird that you got a 3 bar connection at such a close proxemity I have a feeling that your ping was fluxuating. In KOF XIII they do not reset the speed of whatever you had between eachother at the start of the 1st match throughout the entire session. You might have went back down to a 3 bar connection even though you originally had a 4 bar connection showing. This is probably why it felt like a 3 bar connection because it probably ended up being one pretty quick. It sounds like a freak occurance cause I didn't see to many 4 bars with trouble, but who knows.

One other thing I might add. SSFIV is really made for online play compared to KOF XIII. There is a lot more leniency in lag cause of multiple reasons. Speed of game, combos slower, the connection of hits not relying on split second timing, but which button you choose more often then not. I can go on and on but the main thing is comparing your experience to SSFIV to KOF XIII is hard to do. For me it's like comparing how good a GGPO session is on console by comparing Final Fight to 3rd Strike. It's apples and oranges.
Say it with me now: "Variable input lag BAAAAAAD!!!"

YasakaniX

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2012, 10:20:33 PM »

What do you mean? All they're doing today is releasing Mr. Karate and Ex.Kyo for the PS3 users.

KOF XIII 'NESTS Kyo' DLC delayed on PS3, netcode patch on the way
http://www.joystiq.com/2011/12/20/kof-xiii-nests-kyo-dlc-delayed-on-ps3-netcode-patch-coming-so/

Enjoy~~

SonicTempest

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
    • Tempest in a Teacup
« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2012, 10:32:37 PM »
The press release says nothing about releasing the netcode patch at the same time as EX Kyo, just that it'll be released 'as soon as possible.' Given that it was sent out right before the holidays, I doubt very much that it's anywhere close to finished by now.

oricon

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2012, 11:37:19 PM »
Thought seeing as this thread was updated thought there was some new news regarding the patch, i don't really care about the release date of the path, all i want is more info regarding the patch what exactly they are fixing because there seems to be some confusion as it seems the patch is only fixing the match making not the actual netcode hopefully atlus or snkp clear this up.