Author Topic: Atlus Addressing King of Fighters XIII Online Issues  (Read 13608 times)

ApocryphicV

• New Challenger
  • A-Visions
    • View Profile
    • Apocryphic Visions
Re: Atlus Addressing King of Fighters XIII Online Issues
« Reply #30 on: February 03, 2012, 09:04:35 PM »
Downloaded the patch yesterday for Xbox and created a room where I'll only get 3 bars latency and up. Waited a bit for my first match, first match came up... 3 bars. Got really excited, started match and game felt like 1 bar. Half in the middle we lost connection. Shook head in dismay and exited online and went back to offline training mode.

I'm wired too. I do hope this wasn't the start of a trend.

Mr Bakaboy

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 04, 2012, 09:25:55 AM »
^ It's a little screwed up, but all in all most matches are stable. I'd say don't give up on it yet.
Say it with me now: "Variable input lag BAAAAAAD!!!"

shinefist

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 04, 2012, 07:25:49 PM »
Downloaded the patch on friday, i wasn't too impressed it felt the same as before after playing for about 3 hours, infact it felt worse as lots of lag spikes and couldnt find many players.

Played it today (sat lol), very different, played about 15 matches about 9 blue bars and 5 green and 1 red to test it from england to the states.

Games were very smooth and was very pleased with the results..
I hope more people play as thats the only problem with the game now, the more people to play against means mpore lobbies and a consistent stream of matchs we'll get.

I'm just tired of playing people that either beat you then leave and say theres lag, even though they could play decent enough, and on my end the connection was very good, very close to offline. & when you beat them they say lag still, they are all sad people.

I just need players that want to play to get better and to keep winning, not people that care about points.

Anyone else have the same experience, i hope it stays like this.

ApocryphicV

• New Challenger
  • A-Visions
    • View Profile
    • Apocryphic Visions
« Reply #33 on: February 05, 2012, 02:49:39 AM »
Mr. Bakaboy: Yeah looks like it was first day jitters because I did go back on yesterday and it felt a lot better, not fantastic but a lot more playable. I'll keep at it at least till I get all the online achievements.

solidshark

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 05, 2012, 05:24:27 AM »
Found this on GameFAQs. Not sure how the PS3 players are running their systems, but I guess you can give this a try:

"This worked for me and a friend. Try it out and if it works for you spread the info. Simply go into your network settings on the PS3 and disable UPnP and the game should function much smoother online. Good luck."
"You had guts kid; now clean them up off the pavement"
-Terry Bogard, 1995

cableG

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 08, 2012, 10:32:17 AM »
This is a good news for you~!
Pigtail cableare made of high quality materials.

SonicTempest

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
    • Tempest in a Teacup
« Reply #36 on: February 09, 2012, 06:21:34 AM »
Found this on GameFAQs. Not sure how the PS3 players are running their systems, but I guess you can give this a try:

"This worked for me and a friend. Try it out and if it works for you spread the info. Simply go into your network settings on the PS3 and disable UPnP and the game should function much smoother online. Good luck."

(C&Ping what I posted on the Atlus forums)
I'm having a hard time picturing how this would make a difference. UPnP is a protocol by which devices can discover each other and communicate over a network. For the amount of UPnP traffic to cause problems with your netplay you'd have to be constantly plugging in UPnP devices to your home network, or streaming movies/music to your PS3 while playing a game.

Granted, I know more about Internet protocols than I do about UPnP, but it doesn't seem likely to me that it would make a huge difference.

jinxhand

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
  • That Battle Fantasia Guy
    • View Profile
    • EMPYREAL CEREBELLUM BEATS
« Reply #37 on: February 09, 2012, 08:19:17 AM »
Yeah UPnP shouldn't be the cause of lagging... All you need to do is forward your ports, and make sure that the IP for the PS3/X360 has high priority on the router, and you should be fine... Most routers aren't built with gaming in mind, and those that support gaming have it listed as low priority traffic...

Technically, streaming music shouldn't even affect the netplay... I'm not even sure if that's possible on a PS3, but it is on the 360...