Author Topic: Anyone in HAWAII?  (Read 2609 times)

nars

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
Anyone in HAWAII?
« on: December 04, 2011, 03:32:41 AM »
I don't have the game yet.

But I plan on buying it in the next couple of weeks. I wanted to know if anyone out in the forums are from Hawaii.

I don't know much people here personally. Since I moved out here it was aall just work and stuff so I seldom get to socialize.

I'd like to play online or in person with some folks!

Sir_Selah

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone in HAWAII?
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2011, 05:39:52 AM »
Hey, welcome to Dreamcancel!

Can't say I know of any Hawaiians on this board yet but this sure would be a good time for me to be proven wrong!

Eh, eh?
PSN - Sir_Selah (KoF '95 and XIII).

Batman fights the Riddler while I play unfitting music: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gw4sRegYagA

nars

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Anyone in HAWAII?
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2011, 11:49:22 AM »
Well if there aren't much (if not any) then I hope the netcode will suffice in me playing some bay area/Cali folks.

I come from 3s and I only know ONE person who has this game. I sure am willing to give up ALL of my videogame time to KOF just as I did with 3s.

Nice to meet all of you! Here's to hopes in building great friendships with a lot of you guys ;D

baccano1932

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2011, 08:22:57 PM »
Hello and welcome to Dream Cancel nars, it's a pleasure to meet you.
"simply learning does not make one learned there are those who have knowledge and those who have understanding".

nars

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Re: Anyone in HAWAII?
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2011, 09:14:27 PM »
Hello and welcome to Dream Cancel nars, it's a pleasure to meet you.

Its a pleasure to meet you too, sir.

jinxhand

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
  • That Battle Fantasia Guy
    • View Profile
    • EMPYREAL CEREBELLUM BEATS
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2011, 10:10:55 PM »
Welcome to DC nars!!! I lived in Hawaii for a few years, and while I was there, I met a bunch of people who played Tekken, but also KOF (since '03 was the big game til XI came out).

Anyway, I'm not sure if this is still the case, but check out the Tilt at Pearlridge Mall. I knew some people who worked there, but I'm not sure if they're there... There's always competition at HBB (Hawaiian Brian Billiards). Last I was there, XI was getting mad play, almost more than 3S.

Best place to have sessions though was at The Zone, which was about a block away from Pearlridge Mall... Their tv's ran pretty good for fighters, and even though we played Tekken primarily, we ran though a bunch of other games throughout the day (I'm talking like 10am - 3am sessions!!!).

Check those places out. If there's no 808 thread for the Offline Matchmaking, go ahead and make one. I'll try to get in touch with those I know there still, and see if they're down for matches with ya.

nars

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2011, 12:52:20 PM »
Welcome to DC nars!!! I lived in Hawaii for a few years, and while I was there, I met a bunch of people who played Tekken, but also KOF (since '03 was the big game til XI came out).

Anyway, I'm not sure if this is still the case, but check out the Tilt at Pearlridge Mall. I knew some people who worked there, but I'm not sure if they're there... There's always competition at HBB (Hawaiian Brian Billiards). Last I was there, XI was getting mad play, almost more than 3S.

Best place to have sessions though was at The Zone, which was about a block away from Pearlridge Mall... Their tv's ran pretty good for fighters, and even though we played Tekken primarily, we ran though a bunch of other games throughout the day (I'm talking like 10am - 3am sessions!!!).

Check those places out. If there's no 808 thread for the Offline Matchmaking, go ahead and make one. I'll try to get in touch with those I know there still, and see if they're down for matches with ya.

Thanks for that man! Where did you move to and are you originally from Hawaii?

I just picked up my copy tonight and I'm loving it so far. It just sucks trying to learn on your own haha.

jinxhand

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
  • That Battle Fantasia Guy
    • View Profile
    • EMPYREAL CEREBELLUM BEATS
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2011, 01:00:41 AM »

I just picked up my copy tonight and I'm loving it so far. It just sucks trying to learn on your own haha.

I'm in San Diego now. Nah, I'm originally from Maryland but I move a bit because of my job. Do you have xbox live I have a buddy in Hawaii who might be interested in playing kof. He used to play kof xi too.

nars

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Anyone in HAWAII?
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2011, 04:12:57 AM »

I'm in San Diego now. Nah, I'm originally from Maryland but I move a bit because of my job. Do you have xbox live I have a buddy in Hawaii who might be interested in playing kof. He used to play kof xi too.

Yes. I have xbl. My gamertag is billynarso.

I'm brand new to the KOF franchise so tell your friend in advance to forgive me. My main game is 3rd strike, so hopefully the transition won't be as hard as it was to ssfiv.

If you got xbl too I wouldn't mind if you added me either man!!

I'm all for learning! Thanks again man