Author Topic: Billy Kane  (Read 55216 times)

nilcam

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • PSN: nilcam
    • View Profile
Billy Kane
« on: December 06, 2011, 04:51:08 AM »

Notation
;a = Light Punch
;b = Light Kick
;c = Strong Punch
;d = Strong Kick

* = EX version possible

Throws
Zigokuotoshi - ;bk / ;fd + ;c/ ;d

Command Normals
Daikaitenkeri - ;fd + ;a

Boutakatobikeri - ;fd + ;b

Saouchi - ;bk + ;a

Special Moves
Sansetukonyuudanuchi - ;hcf + ;a/ ;c *
  ∟ Kaen Sansetukonyuudanuchi - ;qcf + ;a/ ;c

Suzumeotoshi - ;qcb + ;a ;c *

Senpuukon - [P]

Kyousyuuhisyoukon  ;dp + ;b/ ;d *

Desperation Moves
Choukaensenpuukon = ;qcf ;hcb + ;a/ ;c *

Neomax
Daigurenrasenkon = ;qcf ;qcf + ;a ;c

Bill's wiki entry.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2011, 05:21:45 AM by nilcam »

nilcam

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: Billy Kane
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2011, 04:51:24 AM »
Reserved

nilcam

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2011, 04:51:38 AM »
Reserved

fiol

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2011, 04:38:21 AM »
this is a combo i did with him 79,4% of damage

this is another one (mid screen) for 72.9% of damage

KOF XIII: billy, ralf, clark
KOF XII: ralf,kyo,ryo

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2011, 11:09:32 PM »
Do you guys think Billy is a little too easy to use? Because if he uses he HCF Staff or QCB Staff attack he's totally free, but he has really, really easy combos and pressure he can do.

His jumping and short hop C is really good at space control too.
Team: Billy, Clark, Hwa.

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2011, 04:25:37 AM »
Two Billy questions:

Anything useful he can link into crA? The only thing I can find is his Senpuukon (mash punch special) and it's EX version, either can be drive cancelled but not into Super and I can't seem to do it into Neo Max.

Good neomax combos? The only other thing I can find that links into his crA is the Neomax activation. If you tap the Neomax activation you automatically go into a stB and do whatever you want. I'm not looking for any fancy corner juggle combos, because I run Billy 1st and often won't have the meter. I'm looking for simple shit, get them in the corner, do 400 damage without Neomax Super, and allow me to reset them.

Billy is a fucking footsie monster. It's strange not finding a lot of Billy's online.

Rex Dart

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2011, 04:34:47 AM »
Good neomax combos? The only other thing I can find that links into his crA is the Neomax activation. If you tap the Neomax activation you automatically go into a stB and do whatever you want. I'm not looking for any fancy corner juggle combos, because I run Billy 1st and often won't have the meter. I'm looking for simple shit, get them in the corner, do 400 damage without Neomax Super, and allow me to reset them.

Just a minor quibble, but remember that NeoMax =/= Hyperdrive.  ;)

Anyway, his easiest HD combo is (in my opinion) is

HD activation, cl. C, b+A, [hcf+C (DC) qcb+C] x 5, dp+K, DM

The timing is really simple once you get it down. If you don't have any meter, just end it with cr.C for a reset.

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2011, 04:41:29 AM »
After I juggle them with an EX upkick then regular upkick I can't seem to land anything else other than Super or standing A. Not even crC lands. It's really weird.

One thing I discovered that seems pretty practical is that you can Drive Cancel anything but Super or Neo Max super when you hit them with the Staff Twirl (mash punch) and it should hit them, like EX or even regular upkicks. If you do what I do, CD and cancel it into the Staff Twirl to leave yourself somewhat safe, a lot of guys try to AB roll on you and get hit by the Twirl.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2011, 04:45:27 AM by LouisCipher »

desmond_kof

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • Practice everyday without neglect
    • View Profile
    • DesmondDELAGHETTO youtube page
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2011, 04:43:14 AM »

That only works in the corner, correct?
"Do not place so much importance on winning. The fight itself has value."

Rex Dart

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2011, 09:38:14 AM »

That only works in the corner, correct?

Correct! His HD combos really remind me of King. In the corner: really simple loops. Mid-screen: I hope you have enough meter to carry the opponent to the corner!

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2011, 09:57:14 AM »
Am I the only one that feels Billy's strength is his footsie game? His jumping C and CD are his best tools at controlling the air aside from the riskier Up Staff attack and the meter-wasting EX Upkicks. But it's hard to combo after any of his jump ins unless they're done very deeply, moreso then most of the cast. The only things he can combo into after a jumping C or even D (which is harder to combo into) is crA or if you're close enough crC which is awesome and can be followed up with anything.

But: I think what should be a priority with Billy is limiting your jump ins and controlling the ground. If you're jumping in a lot, you're giving up a lot of space and begging to be AA'd or worse yet let them get out of that corner.

Agree or disagree?
« Last Edit: December 11, 2011, 10:01:09 AM by LouisCipher »

Persona

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2011, 08:17:46 PM »
After I juggle them with an EX upkick then regular upkick I can't seem to land anything else other than Super or standing A. Not even crC lands. It's really weird.

I assume you're using dp B right? If so, in order to combo after it like hcf P, the first hit (when he's going up) has to hit as low as it can so by the time you land, the opponent will be low enough to combo. If you do it too early, they'll be too high and by the time they are in position, the window to combo will be gone.

I made this video a few days ago, although not meant to be completely practical, you might find some stuff in it to help you with your game.

t3h mAsTarOth...!

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2011, 04:33:45 PM »
Sooooo guys... Guess what i found out yesterday... Billy has FULL SCREEN HD combos that KILL... I'm trying to get it recorded but I don't have screen capture... So I'll just post it here...

corner to corner... hey hey hey... lol...

j.C, cr.C, b+A, HD, s.D, f+B, qcb+A, DC, dp+BD, f+B, *cornered* hcf+A, DC, hcb+C, hcf+C, DC, EX DM, DC, Neomax = 1000 dmg
KOFXIII - Raiden, Billy, Mai, Karate, Kim, Ralf, Ryo, Robert

SC 1-5 - Astaroth

SaMsTarOth t3h mAsTarOth of AsTarOth...!

Diavle

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 16, 2011, 04:09:53 PM »
So after playing against a Billy player all I can see is be careful when letting DP+K rip outside of combos, the guy was spamming them and it was so easy to punish. You can see the move coming a mile away and all you have to do is dash forward a little and just wait for him to come down so you can combo him from behind.

t3h mAsTarOth...!

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 17, 2011, 12:33:44 AM »
Billy Kane in KOF XIII has an unusual yet amazing property on his HD activation. I don't know if other characters has the same property but so far I've only found Billy to have this.

If Billy activates HD mode off of any of his normals, he is invincible for a certain amount of time. This adds another dimension to his poking game. If you read your opponent properly you can bait certain things such as Guard Cancel C+D counters and Guard Point moves with this tactic.

Here is a video I made about it. (sorry about the bad quality)

KOFXIII - Raiden, Billy, Mai, Karate, Kim, Ralf, Ryo, Robert

SC 1-5 - Astaroth

SaMsTarOth t3h mAsTarOth of AsTarOth...!