Author Topic: Saiki  (Read 43250 times)

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
  • Even in the Darkness, Light Shines Through
    • View Profile
Re: Saiki
« Reply #30 on: May 01, 2012, 09:32:43 PM »
Only for his Axe Kick, not his DP.
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

Tyrant292

• Scion of Flame
  • I have no regrets
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 13, 2012, 07:24:45 PM »

Guys, does Saiki have a fullscreen HD combo?

I was trying stuff and nothing was working.

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 13, 2012, 08:31:50 PM »

Guys, does Saiki have a fullscreen HD combo?

I was trying stuff and nothing was working.

Well there's a short one, just the usual cancel into special into DM into Neomax.

There is a corner carry, but it can be finicky.  Unfortunately I forgot the notation.  But I know it's basically EX Axe Kick (with the right teleport), and then B DP into D Axe Kick (with teleports) until you get into the corner and then you do the corner HD.
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

bopper

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 13, 2012, 10:57:50 PM »
For 3 bars you can do a easy one with HD, cl.C, dp.D, qcb.D, dp.D (hold D) cancel into air super after the sideswich xx neomax. Actually does decent damage for that type of combo. Or you can do the one previously mentioned, IIRC HD, cl.C, qcb.BD, run up dp.B, qcb.D u  (hold C) until you get to the corner  then do whatever.

Tyrant292

• Scion of Flame
  • I have no regrets
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 13, 2012, 11:40:08 PM »

Thanks guys I'll try them out. I dont think the EX one would be good or is it?

Tyrant292

• Scion of Flame
  • I have no regrets
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 14, 2012, 10:02:27 PM »

I did the HD cancel into special into DM into neomax both versions but the EX Axe Kick I could not get it. Could you guys elaborate more please.

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 14, 2012, 11:10:45 PM »
st.C into EX Axe Kick with C teleport.  Run up into B DP into D Axe Kick into another C teleport.  Repeat that part until in the corner, then do your corner shit.  In notation...

Starter [HD] st.C xx QCB+BD (C), {DP+B [HDC] QCB+D (C)}xN,

Tyrant292

• Scion of Flame
  • I have no regrets
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 15, 2012, 11:38:20 AM »
st.C into EX Axe Kick with C teleport.  Run up into B DP into D Axe Kick into another C teleport.  Repeat that part until in the corner, then do your corner shit.  In notation...

Starter [HD] st.C xx QCB+BD (C), {DP+B [HDC] QCB+D (C)}xN,

Thanks i'll try it.

EDIT: I tried it and I cant seem to land it; when I do the EX Axe Kick and teleport from different positions, like from the beginning of the screen or midscreen he teleport's to different positions. The main problem is when I cancel the B DP into D Axe Kick it does not connect.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2012, 02:01:33 PM by Tyrant292 »

choysauce

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 24, 2012, 06:18:57 PM »
i find that Dp+D works better for drive canceling into his axe kick. the Dp+B seems to pop them up too high (unless i'm hitting it too early). and you have to be really up close to them when you hit the DP

the use for this full screen hd is only useful if you are 3/4 or more screen away, but i don't find it worth it unless u know all the positions for it well. since where you start on the screen determines which teleport you have to use.

most situations i find that A teleport works the best. B teleport is if you are super close to the corner (on screen)

but if you are a little less than 1/2 a screen to the corner you should just use the typical D axekick > C teleport > dp+B > qcf+C and continue on in the corner

Tyrant292

• Scion of Flame
  • I have no regrets
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 28, 2012, 03:45:57 AM »

Thanks Choysauce. Thats what I figured at least regarding the EX Axe kick; I dont think that i'll be using it though a simple miss calculation can cost me alot.

choysauce

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 30, 2012, 05:55:15 PM »
lol just realized everyone calls it axe kick, i'd rather call it donkey kick lol. (thinking about it now, randomly)

Tyrant292

• Scion of Flame
  • I have no regrets
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 30, 2012, 06:34:20 PM »
lol just realized everyone calls it axe kick, i'd rather call it donkey kick lol. (thinking about it now, randomly)

hahahaah no man!!! The Donkey kick is exclusive for Ryu :P.

choysauce

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 04, 2012, 02:29:32 AM »
has anyone ever found a use for his teleports other than combos from the D donkey kick? does anyone know the properties of it?

it seems to have some invulnerability on the startup, i used the D one time against someone by accident and they whiffed some normals, caught them off guard and got a jump in combo lol...

i feel like there my be some potential in it with cr.C > C teleport? what do you guys think?

*Edit*

yeah, just tried out my theory with cr.C > C teleport. pretty worthless lol.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2012, 11:17:18 PM by choysauce »

JennyCage

• Mod Team
  • Strongest Tiger
  • I see a red door and I want it painted black.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 18, 2012, 06:10:01 AM »
has anyone ever found a use for his teleports other than combos from the D donkey kick? does anyone know the properties of it?

it seems to have some invulnerability on the startup, i used the D one time against someone by accident and they whiffed some normals, caught them off guard and got a jump in combo lol...

i feel like there my be some potential in it with cr.C > C teleport? what do you guys think?

*Edit*

yeah, just tried out my theory with cr.C > C teleport. pretty worthless lol.

I have a few setups for his corner BnBs.

st.C, qcb+D~D, b+B, dp+B (DC) qcf+C, qcb+D~D, f+B... instead of finishing it the normal way (with b+B, qcf+A, DP DM or whatever) do d,d+D after f+B to teleport directly ontop of their model.  If they ukemi you can attempt the air stomp DM, fall straight down into the command grab DM (level 2!), or whatever mixup you want.  They can obviously roll forward or poke before he lands, so it's not risk free, but it's a good way to reset the damage scaling if you think you can pull it off.  

You can do it off lows in the corner with cr.Bx3, qcb+B (DC) qcf+C, qcf+A, st.D.  If you st.D early enough you should be able to d,d+D teleport ontop of their model before they land.  This one doesn't rely on them ukemi'ing because it's a reset.

You can also run up and d,d+D after hard knockdowns midscreen.  Many people instinctively st/cr.C or DP in that situation and the air stomp DM will usually beat them out.  Sometimes you can crossup D when falling straight down if the opponent whiffs an action that moves them forward.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2013, 04:33:27 PM by JennyCage »
Kick, punch, it's all in the method. Not mother approved but totally kid tested.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCPTb9h2V5s

Sharnt

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 13, 2012, 10:43:04 PM »
Saiki hd combo (100% full screen 3ex, 2ex corner)
http://orochinagi.com/2012/02/saikis-murder-recipe
Follow me on Twitter for a lot of stuff on KoF XIII :
https://twitter.com/SharntGroMuzo