Author Topic: Kyo Kusanagi (Console)  (Read 60137 times)

sw1tch

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
Re: Kyo Kusanagi (Console)
« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2012, 03:54:38 AM »
Hey Guys

Anyone found out an easy way to do a weak DP into air orochinagi?

Try this, it works everytimes for me:
 ;fd ;df ;dn ;db ;bk ;fd ;a ;dn ;df ;fd ;a
with this you do half of the motion of the orochi during the dp.
Just add a little delay after the hcb-f a if you want the orochi in the air.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2012, 03:58:41 AM by sw1tch »

LazieFreddy

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2012, 08:26:37 PM »
Has anyone noticed that rdp B sometimes whiffs after the upkicks near the corner?  The opponent seem to have some sort of wall bounce and just fly over Kyo causing the rdp B to whiff...

I've seen it a couple times myself.  The last time I saw it, I was fighting a Kula.  We were close to the corner, but not close enough to do a corner juggle combo.  So after I landed a close C, I hit confirmed into df D, activate HD mode, C, df D (2 hits), hcb K to push her into the corner, followed by qcf D, then I did the rdp B at the earliest moment and ready to pull off Kyo's killer corner combo, but then rdp B just whiffed and I wasted the entire HD bar.

I can't remember the other conditions where I saw it, but they were all during actual player matches, and if I remember correctly, I've seen it happen with or without HD mode and also saw it happen exactly at the corner once.  I've practiced the combo literally hundreds of times in practice mode, but I don't think I remember it happening in practice mode.

Anyone know more about this?

darkTown2

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2012, 09:58:33 PM »
Has anyone noticed that rdp B sometimes whiffs after the upkicks near the corner?  The opponent seem to have some sort of wall bounce and just fly over Kyo causing the rdp B to whiff...

I've seen it a couple times myself.  The last time I saw it, I was fighting a Kula.  We were close to the corner, but not close enough to do a corner juggle combo.  So after I landed a close C, I hit confirmed into df D, activate HD mode, C, df D (2 hits), hcb K to push her into the corner, followed by qcf D, then I did the rdp B at the earliest moment and ready to pull off Kyo's killer corner combo, but then rdp B just whiffed and I wasted the entire HD bar.

I can't remember the other conditions where I saw it, but they were all during actual player matches, and if I remember correctly, I've seen it happen with or without HD mode and also saw it happen exactly at the corner once.  I've practiced the combo literally hundreds of times in practice mode, but I don't think I remember it happening in practice mode.

Anyone know more about this?

i know what you're talking about and from my experience it has been because i may have done it too early, but it looks like it should of hit.
psn: darkTown2
kof 13: kyo,iori,k'

LazieFreddy

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2012, 11:09:48 PM »

i know what you're talking about and from my experience it has been because i may have done it too early, but it looks like it should of hit.

Yeah, it appears that way, but the thing is I always do the rdp + B at the earliest moment and never see it whiff in training mode.

I really hate it when this happens, not only do I waste a golden opportunity and meter, I also get put in the corner....   :(

rashikal

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 07, 2012, 04:38:15 AM »
what is kyo's killer hd combo?

this is the one i use: http://youtu.be/wCJPdAg5OIk

although i keep messing up the dp into rdp into air orochinagi... ahhhh...

LazieFreddy

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 07, 2012, 08:32:41 AM »
what is kyo's killer hd combo?

this is the one i use: http://youtu.be/wCJPdAg5OIk

although i keep messing up the dp into rdp into air orochinagi... ahhhh...

This is a nice combo, but I almost never get 5 bars so it doesn't get used much.  Most of the time I'll just go for the rdb K, dp loop.  It's a bit more flexible in meter requirements.  4 bars do around 900 damage, 3 bars do 800, and 1 bar do about 600 damage.

rashikal

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 08, 2012, 12:30:36 AM »
is that this combo?

KOF XIII: Kyo HD Combo (1013 Damage) - Console

or this combo (the one in the last round)

KOF XIII Winners Finals EG Justin Wong vs Reynald - NEC XII Tournament - $1000 Bonus by Atlus

does anyone have tips for canceling dp into reverse dp kick? i always get dp canceled into running grab. it feels impossible to cancel into reverse dp kick
« Last Edit: January 08, 2012, 06:30:53 AM by rashikal »

powerfercs

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 08, 2012, 05:38:39 PM »
on pad its a bit easy just do DP+P->b+qcb+B my only problem is doing it multiple times in a row since for some reason the DP won't connect after the rdp+B

LazieFreddy

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 09, 2012, 03:24:01 AM »
I do the one Reynald used.  dp to rdp is not that hard after a bit of practice. 

BTW, does anyone know more about why Kyo's rdp B after upkicks whiff in the corner?

rashikal

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 09, 2012, 04:18:52 AM »
you're right i practiced for a bit and i can do dp to reverse dp better

also, is reverse dp b whiffsingafter b upkicks or c upkicks?

LazieFreddy

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 09, 2012, 05:42:58 AM »
After the D upkicks.  It only whiffs in rare occasions, and I want to know the conditions.

Shaman

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 15, 2012, 12:09:44 PM »
It is whiffing if your opponent is turned back to you, that happens if you try to punish some dp moves or using a guard cancel roll and get your opponent while he was doing a slow move. You have to wait more to be able to hit

LazieFreddy

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 16, 2012, 05:55:04 AM »
It is whiffing if your opponent is turned back to you, that happens if you try to punish some dp moves or using a guard cancel roll and get your opponent while he was doing a slow move. You have to wait more to be able to hit

Thanks for info, this has been driving me crazy.  I tested it in practice mode and you are exactly right.  One thing I noticed is that it doesn't happen in cross ups.

That being said, I don't think I am willing to take the risk and wait for my opponent to turn his body towards me, so I'm now trying to figure out the best punishes in those situations.  I tried waiting a bit before doing the rdp B, but couldn't get it right. 

Troll Badguy

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 25, 2012, 06:03:51 AM »

KOF XIII: Kyo HD Combo (1013 Damage) - Console
Can I get the combo notation for this hd combo? The video makes it a little hard to tell and all.

desmond_kof

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • Practice everyday without neglect
    • View Profile
    • DesmondDELAGHETTO youtube page
« Reply #29 on: March 31, 2012, 06:39:14 PM »
I have been updating Kyo's combos in the wiki: http://www.dreamcancel.com/wiki/index.php?title=Kyo_Kusanagi_(XIII)#Combos

I may add some helpful notes for a few of them...if anyone has any favorite Kyo combos that they like to share on why they like them (builds meter, good damage, hard knockdown) feel free to share.
"Do not place so much importance on winning. The fight itself has value."