Author Topic: Kyo Kusanagi (Console)  (Read 60139 times)

KarnF91

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: Kyo Kusanagi (Console)
« Reply #30 on: April 17, 2012, 03:15:49 AM »
I'm having problems doing dp+P (DC) rdp+K  and hcb+K  and when you can cancel the hcb+k.  Any tips?

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
  • Even in the Darkness, Light Shines Through
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 17, 2012, 03:26:52 AM »
DP in RDP is a bit tough to master at first.

I suggest using the input holder, aka do the DP+P slightly early and hold in the P you're using.  The DP will still come out on time, and you'll have extra time to input the RDP+K.
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

KarnF91

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 17, 2012, 11:02:04 PM »
Do I have to get the RDP+K in before the first hit of the DP?  This is the only thing holding me back right now, just can't seem to get it down quite yet.  I figured out how to cancel the hcb+K.  This kind of feels like Yuri's dp+P to dp+K, once I figure it out, I'll be able to take another step with Kyo.

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
  • Even in the Darkness, Light Shines Through
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 17, 2012, 11:18:04 PM »
No...this is how it should go down preferably.

If you need the DP to come out on the first possible frame, You do the DP+P then hold the P, while it's held, start your motion for RDP, that gives you an extra 4-5 frames to do it.  Once the first hit of the DP connects (hell, maybe SLIGHTLY before it), hit and hold K.

It just requires practice, it sounds harder than it is.  The main thing is just getting down the motion from going from DP to RDP.
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

AM2

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 06, 2012, 12:14:11 PM »
So apparently j.2C can crossup, and I never knew that. Is the positioning character-specific at all or is it universal?

LazieFreddy

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 06, 2012, 12:43:46 PM »
J2c is very easy to cross up, even easier on large characters.

White

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 07, 2012, 11:22:49 PM »
Hello guys for a while now ive been wanting to know how exactly do you do two Jump  ;dn ;c to do in one combo from a jump in and a hop, you can see this in Kyos Trial #6 but besides that I haven't able to find any information on it.  I will appreciate any input from you guys Thanks

LazieFreddy

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 08, 2012, 11:11:50 AM »
Basically you want to hit j2c at the lowest point possible, like below the waist, and immediately hop forward j2c at the earliest.  The hard part is to get the spacing right for the first j2c so you can get a deep hit.

White

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 08, 2012, 08:11:24 PM »
Basically you want to hit j2c at the lowest point possible, like below the waist, and immediately hop forward j2c at the earliest.  The hard part is to get the spacing right for the first j2c so you can get a deep hit.

Hmm alright but any specifics on the jump ins? I was told to hyper hop the two jumps but I really cant grasp this concept at all

Went to the wiki for any more insight,  but there wasn't much to it about this on there either

desmond_kof

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • Practice everyday without neglect
    • View Profile
    • DesmondDELAGHETTO youtube page
« Reply #39 on: May 08, 2012, 08:45:18 PM »

Honestly, I thought this was a pretty good description of what you need to do...from my testing it doesn't matter what kind of jump it is, it can be a superjump, regular jump, hop or hyper hop. All you need to do is hit the j.2C as a low as you can (as he mentioned) then hyper hop forward immediately with the j.2C. The timing is a little tricky, though.
"Do not place so much importance on winning. The fight itself has value."

White

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 08, 2012, 08:54:51 PM »
Alright thanks again to the both of you, once I get the time I'll grind it out in the lab

BioBooster

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
  • PSN: BioBoosterUnit
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 15, 2012, 01:53:56 PM »

CCVengeance

• New Challenger
  • Looking for offline play
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 30, 2012, 06:42:17 PM »
While I didn't like Kyo at first I've been using him for a couple of days now.He's now part of my main team along with Kensou(fav character) and Kim.
KOFXIII team: Team Japan as of 2013

desmond_kof

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • Practice everyday without neglect
    • View Profile
    • DesmondDELAGHETTO youtube page
« Reply #43 on: June 20, 2012, 06:00:22 PM »
Hey guys I edited and added small paragraph comparing XIII Kyo to NESTS Kyo, and I also added some pros and cons. http://dreamcancel.com/wiki/index.php?title=Kyo_Kusanagi_(XIII)#Gameplay_Overview

Please check it out and tell me what you think. If you agree or disagree on any points or you would like to add anything. Let me know.
"Do not place so much importance on winning. The fight itself has value."

Tikok

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 20, 2012, 10:47:20 PM »
I think Kyo's EX Orochinagi should be mentioned. A 2f super that deals so much damage and that has so much range is just way too good. A lot of things that usually are safe aren't against Kyo because of that super.

That super really is my main reason for maining Kyo instead of NESTS Kyo. While that's just me, I think that difference between the two characters should be mentioned, because it's IMO a significant one.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2012, 10:51:58 PM by Tikok »