Dream Cancel Forum

News:

Join us in the Dream Cancel Discord Server! CLICK HERE!

Benimaru Nikaido (Console)

Started by nilcam, December 06, 2011, 04:58:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reiki.Kito

So, apparently Duc's epic video is not private anymore and super awesome Benimaru technique is FREE!

Killey

eLive Pro Dune also said Benimaru was pretty close to being a top tier character not quite there.

Mr.KoF and Reynalds were also using Benimaru at SCR and there was some really good play from them.

I think he's a really good character with every tool necessary to do well. It seems like he has to be played in a very specific manner to make him effective.

SummyG

BioBooster

Thanks SummyG, rock-solid beni. Still in the middle of watching, but just saw dude BLAST other dude down with a nice beni ocv. yeeeeeaargh!!

Killey

That HD combo he did at 12:51 was this:

c.b, c.b, s.b, HD, s.D, QCF+D, D, U+D, [HDC], QCB+A, QCF+D, D, U+D, [HDC], QCB+A, QCF+P, QCF+D, D, U+D, [HDC], QCB+A, QCF+P, QCF+D, D, U+D, [HDC], QCB+A, air throw.

Based on that video I think it deals about 400~ish damage since he was well below half life and it still didn't kill him.

Something interesting I noted during his match against Clark.

He does command grab, whiff s.D, step forward, jump d+D (drill). It looks like it'll cross up but can't really tell what the end result is suppose to be since the Clark player did EX clothesline to escape the setup.

SummyG

Quote from: Killey on January 10, 2012, 07:39:19 PM

Something interesting I noted during his match against Clark.

He does command grab, whiff s.D, step forward, jump d+D (drill). It looks like it'll cross up but can't really tell what the end result is suppose to be since the Clark player did EX clothesline to escape the setup.

they were a lot of interesting setups during those matches. The benni during the 2nd/3rd match looked like he was doing command grabs after a blocked cl.C/D to reduce its recovery. Also seemed like it set up perfectly for tick throws. never realized how fast it was, also builds meter.

Hayabusa

What's up guys!

Im kind of new here... i enter the forum a long time, but only now i decided to register  ;)... Well, i would like to know, if someone here use benimaru's shortcuts, like tk motion + Kick, than Kick again, to do his Iaido kick, or this is crap? It helped me push some of his HD combos, but i don't know if it is a realible tool... thanks for the help!
Duo Lon, Benimaru, Ash - For the win!
K', Kim, Shen -  For the Fun!

BioBooster

Hey Hayabusa,

I also do his iaigeri > follow up similarly. fb+K > up+K. This has been pretty helpful to me in longer combos since that's how I've been doing it and haven't had a reason to dispense with it yet. Will let you know if I start seeing problems.

Hayabusa

Quote from: BioBooster on January 12, 2012, 01:40:50 AM
Hey Hayabusa,

I also do his iaigeri > follow up similarly. fb+K > up+K. This has been pretty helpful to me in longer combos since that's how I've been doing it and haven't had a reason to dispense with it yet. Will let you know if I start seeing problems.

Yeah man. I Only use the normal output for blockstrings, like when  ;dn ;df ;fd + K is blocked, i wait a slightly moment to  ;dn ;up + Kick, like on this video: http://www.twitch.tv/cafeid/b/304688463 at 1:27:34... Until now, i just noticed a problem with the shortcut, u have to do it fast, if u wait a just a little, the ;up + K will no be recognized by the game as the follow up, but in HD combos this is not a big problem, at least IMO. I will give a try in your way, man, thks a lot  :)!

BioBooster

Yeah you can do any up direction with it for ex.  ;dn ;df ;fd ;k ;uf ;k and it works bc it registers the  ;dn from  ;dn ;df ;fd and that's why you can't really delay it. I like to hold up when I hit the 2nd ;k and use this method bc of the consistency I feel I get. Makes it easy for me to DC off of the follow.

If I want to delay I still do  ;dn ;up

Hayabusa

I was trying your way right now, Bio. Its really consistent, and helps a lot in the HD combos, cause u get a very early cancel from the  ;dn ;df ;fd  ;k... But in Bnb's i will continue using the normal input, without shortcut, cause i'm still used to the motion. Thanks a lot for the Tip!

bubblanAB7

Just a kill combo starting from cr.A with 2 bars 60% drive ;)

KOF XIII Leona Combo Video

I've wanted to cap stuff in better quality but for now just showing this combo is ok. I think this could be an infinite if you do 7 TKs each rep but not really sure and 7 TKs is near impossible for me to do. qcf+k, d,u+k DC qcf+pp juggle is broken and should be patched out asap.

Of course the combo can go on longer I was just showing a rather basic version of the combo

BioBooster

Quote from: bubblanAB7 on January 14, 2012, 05:58:39 PM
Just a kill combo
>Just amazing

Excellent stun-kill-fest :)

Time for me to get dirty w/ some TK raijinken...

SummyG

Quote from: bubblanAB7 on January 14, 2012, 05:58:39 PM
Just a kill combo starting from cr.A with 2 bars 60% drive ;)

I've wanted to cap stuff in better quality but for now just showing this combo is ok. I think this could be an infinite if you do 7 TKs each rep but not really sure and 7 TKs is near impossible for me to do. qcf+k, d,u+k DC qcf+pp juggle is broken and should be patched out asap.

Of course the combo can go on longer I was just showing a rather basic version of the combo

benni isnt the only character that can do loops using drive & ex meter. no need for a game play patch, plus im sure that is not a infinite.

ChefNeedles

Hey guys, I'm new to Benimaru, and I have been having trouble with the TK Raijinken loop. I can get 2 sometimes, but not consistently. I'm having a hard time figuring out the rhythm. Any tips? Or if someone could make a how to video, that would be beyond awesome. I love this character and I love to see what we're making of him.
Benimaru/Kyo/Claw Iori