Author Topic: Goro Daimon (Console)  (Read 32319 times)

Salpal

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
Re: Goro Daimon (Console)
« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2012, 06:42:33 PM »
Thanks for the quick reply!

I am definitely looking for a grappler with a great / best neutral game so Goro seems like the best fit. I understand that any grappler wants you into the corner but I don't really enjoy jumping in / rushing-down constantly and just itching to open someone up. I enjoy frame traps and control through pokes to drive people into bad positioning and then working them over. 

I see so many combo videos but there just isn't a lot of content on the finer points of each character like how to apply a their specific normals in a neutral game. I'm sure that as the community grows, there will be more content available. I love reading people's thoughts about the metagame though.

DepressAholic

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2012, 12:57:01 AM »
doesnt goro have an OS against short hops?

desmond_kof

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • Practice everyday without neglect
    • View Profile
    • DesmondDELAGHETTO youtube page
« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2012, 01:08:48 AM »
He has a good s.A against short hops.
"Do not place so much importance on winning. The fight itself has value."

Chowdizzle

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2012, 08:37:49 AM »
Thanks, this has been working out great, using the EX throw for extra damage is really satisfying =D 

Just so you know, the EX version of the throw nets you a whole 5 extra damage. The only reason I think you should do it is cuz it allows for follow up combos in the corner. I haven't played too much and I'm just picking Daimon up but 5 extra damage is simply not worth the bar. What may be is maybe it gives some invuln frames? idk.

Here's 1 thing which I haven't seen mentioned on here (NVM sorry didn't read carefully) but you may already know, his  ;df ;c when used as an anti-air can be cancelled into HCF A anywhere on screen making your anti-air hit do over 200 damage (I think) and can be super cancelled. Pretty effective I think since that move is such a good anti-air.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2012, 08:40:21 AM by Chowdizzle »

Duggish

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 02, 2012, 08:10:35 PM »
I figured the use of the EX throw's followups was implied when talking about the damage  ;)

choysauce

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Goro Daimon (Console)
« Reply #20 on: March 16, 2012, 06:50:51 PM »
What would be daimon's strengths over clark? Them being the two major grapplers in the game (I consider vice a hybrid grappler) I think it would be good to compare them

Sent from my R800x using Tapatalk

Krusan

• Strongest Tiger
  • H!
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Goro Daimon (Console)
« Reply #21 on: March 27, 2012, 10:13:56 AM »
What would be daimon's strengths over clark? Them being the two major grapplers in the game (I consider vice a hybrid grappler) I think it would be good to compare them

Sent from my R800x using Tapatalk

Just my opinion: In Kof XIII the only pure grappler is Goro. I would consider Clark a "hybrid grappler". Comparing Goro and Clark, I think Goro has better normals and can control space better at close range, while Clark may be a bit faster and control better space at mid-range, but those are just my opinions.

Changing matters: Has anyone noticed that Goro´s weak hits cause 8 stun unlike any other weak attacks of any other character, that cause 3 stun? I have not tested every weak attack for every char. but I think the usual stun damage for weak attacks is 3 for all but Goro.

Diavle

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 28, 2012, 06:57:03 PM »

Better damage output and use of drive, the main advantage there being that he can supercancel regular command throws (unlike Clark, who can only SC his ex SAB). He can also drive cancel his throws.

I would say he is also more efficient when it comes to combos overall, being able to convert anti-airs and counter hits into major damage (even HD combos).

« Last Edit: March 28, 2012, 07:27:04 PM by Diavle »

BioBooster

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
  • PSN: BioBoosterUnit
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 20, 2012, 04:30:10 PM »

Amedø310

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 22, 2012, 06:08:05 PM »
Goro Daimon Guard Gauge Damage
far st. A: 8%
st. A: 8%
st. B:  6%
far. C:  12%
cl. C:  12%
far. D:  12%
cl. D:  12%
cr. A:  6%
cr. B:  6%
cr. C: 12%
cr. D: 12%
st. CD: 16%
j. A:  5%
(head)  j. A:  6%
j. B:  5%
(head)  j. B:  6%
j. C: 10%
(head)  j. C:  12%
j. D:  12%
j. CD:  10%
(head)  j. CD:  12%
dp+AC: 8% (1st hit) + 4% (2nd hit) [12% Total]

This does not apply against Maxima, Goro, Clark, or Ralf.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2012, 12:38:02 AM by AmedoS310 »

R3N

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 15, 2012, 10:10:27 PM »
hey guys i normally play clark but i want to play with daimon also where do you guys use goro in your teams. I think I want to put him on a team with saiki and billy.

bopper

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 16, 2012, 09:06:57 AM »
I would recommend you putting them like billy/saiki/goro, or mabey billy/goro/saiki. 1st is defenitly Billys strongest position, and the other two are debatable imo. I would put Goro last personally. He is great at converting random hits into damage as long as he has meter, while Saiki is more of a zoning monster.

Splurgendii

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 03, 2012, 01:53:17 PM »
A friend and I were playing with Goro pretty hard in training mode trying to get a feel for the character... While I have many things on my mind and lots of question to ask, one thing in particular stood out and it has to do with a particular combo:

Ex SPD, or his hcb+f command grab ... Run up,  ;df Hp xx Lk command Roll xx into a reverse air throw
The roll runs underneath the air born opponent and the air throw grabs from behind!

We stumbled across this combo when we were trying to perform the regular version where it's the same but having an air throw that hits from the front, my friend came up with the idea and we decided to try to see if it was possible and it turned out that it is!
This combo works and I feel it's something worth perfecting for it's mid screen application, it's application being that it can put the opponent in the corner from mid screen from 1 EX command grab and nothing more...

The problem with this combo is it's incredible difficulty due to several factors of which i'm not certain need to be...
Here they are as I think they need to be

The run up into  ;df Hp needs to be timed so that it hits fairly low to the ground
the command roll that comes afterwards needs to quickly be cancelled into a air throw with it's inputs reversed *HCB* instead of HCF

Do you guys know of this combo and do any of you know have an understanding of how to hit it more consistently?
 Does the ;df fierce need to indeed need to connect fairly low to the ground?
Does the air throw after the roll need in fact be cancelled ASAP?Does it need to be delayed perhaps?
What determines this?

I invite anybody to try out this combo for themselves and join me trying to figure out how this works exactly...
:)
« Last Edit: December 03, 2012, 02:00:33 PM by Splurgendii »

Diavle

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 03, 2012, 03:21:51 PM »
Why not skip the qcb+B? The anti-air throw combos after the df+C. Same damage, less complicated (which is always welcome in a real match situation).
« Last Edit: December 03, 2012, 03:27:47 PM by Diavle »

Splurgendii

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 03, 2012, 11:06:23 PM »
less complicated but it side switches
Doing the complicated thing of rolling and crossing under into a behind air throw does not

I think it's worth perfecting both combos sense they both have an situational nitch...

The normal combo that you suggested, since it doesn't side switch, would be the ideal combo to land if Goros has his back to the wall.. the side switching would put the opponent in the corner...

The cross up roll on the other hand, would be ideal from mid screen because it doesn't side switch and would put the opponent in the corner, or at least get them close

That's why I think this combo is worth investigating