Author Topic: Elisabeth Branctorche (Console)  (Read 72117 times)

Sanctuary

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
Re: Elisabeth Branctorche (Console)
« Reply #45 on: January 27, 2012, 09:06:44 AM »
Does anyone know maybe an easier way to whiff cancel CD into command grab? Ive been experimenting and so far the best way was to go  ;fd ;df ;dn ;db ;bk ;fd ;c ;d~ ;a or  ;c. But I'm not consistent at it.
Monarch to the Kingdom of the Dead.

Killey

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 27, 2012, 06:01:11 PM »
Does anyone know maybe an easier way to whiff cancel CD into command grab? Ive been experimenting and so far the best way was to go  ;fd ;df ;dn ;db ;bk ;fd ;c ;d~ ;a or  ;c. But I'm not consistent at it.

I just do it normally as in s.CD, HCB~F+P. As far as I know, you can't use this to kara the command grab and extend the range at point blank distances.

Sanctuary

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 27, 2012, 08:38:51 PM »

I just do it normally as in s.CD, HCB~F+P. As far as I know, you can't use this to kara the command grab and extend the range at point blank distances.

Guess illl try to do it faster then, but my objective was to fake-out the opponent not kara-cancel. Thanks.
Monarch to the Kingdom of the Dead.

Captain Soviet

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
New Player...
« Reply #48 on: February 01, 2012, 04:41:55 AM »
On Elizabeth's BnB, I'm having trouble landing the j. ;d. Is there any specific timing on do have a particular jump or hop?

Sharnt

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 01, 2012, 01:49:51 PM »
I was used to push 9 and keep the position after the dp. To jump as soon as possible on arcade, don't know if it still works.
Follow me on Twitter for a lot of stuff on KoF XIII :
https://twitter.com/SharntGroMuzo

tastylumpia

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: New Player...
« Reply #50 on: February 03, 2012, 04:27:52 PM »
On Elizabeth's BnB, I'm having trouble landing the j. ;d. Is there any specific timing on do have a particular jump or hop?

It's a jump (not hop) upforward midscreen, straight jump up in the corner. You have to hit it early before they tech in the air.

For those who don't know, there's a shortcut for EX dash ~ command grab. You can input the grab as 360(clockwise). Thanks to Chris-tan for the info.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2012, 04:31:19 PM by tastylumpia »
twitter @tasty_lumpia

Killey

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 06, 2012, 08:25:14 AM »
For the BnB, I prefer to use her j.C instead of her j.D. Her j.C has a higher hitbox so it doesn't whiff as much as j.D and it deals more damage as well.

Command Dash into Command grab can be done with the following method as well:

236+K (command dash), 2146+P (command grab)

Atb_555

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 13, 2012, 02:01:30 PM »
Ok does Etincelles have any weakness at all?  I can understand the C version having slower recovery but in general:

- It has a huge hit box
- Beats lows
- Nulifies fbs
- Great AA which if score a counter hit can lead into decent damaging combo

Other than invincible move, special or super I feel like you cant do jack against it.  

Killey

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 13, 2012, 05:53:46 PM »
Etincelle's don't cover Elisabeth's lower hurt box (waist down) so if you are spacing yourself correctly you can just trip her. I believe they are also considered a projectile so any projectile invicible move will beat it. I find trying to AA with Etincelle's on reaction is difficult and any mistiming means you eat a combo. Also, you can punish the recovery of whiffed Etincelle's with some supers, neomaxes, or ex moves. It's mostly watching your opponent's habits with Etincelle if they get too spam happy with it. 

All of this being said, the move is really good at controlling the space in front and slightly above Elisabeth. A Etincelle's on CH or as an AA will lead into her full drive cancel juggle combos for about 500 damage that corner carries and leaves you in an aerial reset state. It's hard to visually hit confirm into that max damage combo but if you do land it, it's a complete momentum shift in your favor off of something simple.

Atb_555

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 13, 2012, 09:39:47 PM »
Thx for the reply. I managed to snag in some casuals against TheAnswers Elizabeth and as someone who has minimal experience against her he was spamming qcf + p. I fairly sure I tried to sweep it with K' and lost clean. I'm going to experiment in training mode later too ill to move x_x

solidronin

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 21, 2012, 03:35:16 AM »
Close st.C, f+B, dp+C, dp+A, dp+A, j.C = 286 Damage, 36 Stun

This. Can anyone gimme me any advice on how to land that third DP?

irfaanator

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 21, 2012, 06:27:43 AM »
I also had a question about the combo that contains
dp C, dp A, DC qcf K, qcf C.

I am not getting the this combo because right after i do qcf K i either get the counter move since they are facing the wrong way or the qcf C does not hit? Is there something that I am missing? I am trying to do this combo mid screen since it doesnt really say anything about it being corner specific.

Killey

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 21, 2012, 05:43:26 PM »

I put it some execution tips in the wiki for this but essentially you are looking to hit the first dp+A as deep/late as possible so that the 2nd dp+A will hit. In order to do this you can either eyeball it or use a s.B whiff then whiff cancel into dp+A to get the timing down.

I also had a question about the combo that contains
dp C, dp A, DC qcf K, qcf C.

I am not getting the this combo because right after i do qcf K i either get the counter move since they are facing the wrong way or the qcf C does not hit? Is there something that I am missing? I am trying to do this combo mid screen since it doesnt really say anything about it being corner specific.

In order to get the qcf+C to hit after the qcf+K you need to hit the dp+A as late as possible. Read the above to understand the timing of the dp+A.

Once I finish the wiki I was planning on making some Elisabeth tutorial videos but not sure if I'll be able to get around to it.

solidronin

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 21, 2012, 08:05:36 PM »

I put it some execution tips in the wiki for this but essentially you are looking to hit the first dp+A as deep/late as possible so that the 2nd dp+A will hit. In order to do this you can either eyeball it or use a s.B whiff then whiff cancel into dp+A to get the timing down.

Ya know I saw that but somehow read it as the first DP+A. Thank you.

EDIT:
In order to get the qcf+C to hit after the qcf+K you need to hit the dp+A as late as possible. Read the above to understand the timing of the dp+A.

This also helped me out, thanks again
« Last Edit: February 21, 2012, 08:36:53 PM by solidronin »

Lethalmind

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 21, 2012, 08:54:39 PM »
Coincidentally, I noticed the 1 drive meter combos listing the dp+A, (DC) qcf+k, qcf+C, but what about dp+A, (DC) qcf+A as another variation? Does the potential command overlap make it impractical? Even though I don't use the shortcut, I feel as though the shortcut makes it easy to land if there's any doubt. Just like the combo in the wiki, the issue with landing the dp+A as low as possible still remains.

Close st.C, f+B, dp+C, dp+A, (DC) qcf+A, dp+A, dp+A, j.C does 367 damage, 48 stun, and also works anywhere on screen.

Also, I noticed 1 small thing in the wiki. In the "0 Stock, No Drive Gauge" combo section, the corner combo is missing the dp+C before the qcf+C.