Author Topic: Elisabeth Branctorche (Console)  (Read 72119 times)

Killey

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
Re: Elisabeth Branctorche (Console)
« Reply #75 on: May 24, 2012, 05:39:57 PM »
http://dreamcancel.com/wiki/index.php?title=Elisabeth_Branctorche_%28XIII%29#Move_Metadata

Betty frames up.

Yeah pity that grand rafale scales like mad (doesn't do so much to beging with at 150), all the way down to 50...

Some guys like nagihei will use it as an anti air, full dmg and if it trades you can juggle...

Awesome thanks for updating the wiki for me. I'll have to make some edits to the information I have.

BioBooster

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
  • PSN: BioBoosterUnit
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 24, 2012, 06:10:26 PM »
Have at it man :)

Diavle

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 24, 2012, 06:32:09 PM »
Yeah pity that grand rafale scales like mad (doesn't do so much to beging with at 150), all the way down to 50...

Some guys like nagihei will use it as an anti air, full dmg and if it trades you can juggle...

Its the right way to balance a DM like that imo, super fast and anywhere juggle but low damage.

I'm surprised her cr.C is 8 frames, it looks almost instant in game.

Really appreciate the frame info man.

BioBooster

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
  • PSN: BioBoosterUnit
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 25, 2012, 07:11:01 AM »
No worries bud.

Yeah, would have to be a liz player to better judge that, but that starting dmg at 150, so many EX specials do more than that. I do hell see the merit of having anywhere power though (just thinking about all the vice insanity).

Killey

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 25, 2012, 10:16:12 PM »
The nerf on Grand Rafale was warranted because her old BnB was s.C, f+B, dp+C, dp+A, dp+A, j.C, Grand Rafale and it did 500+ damage. So you have a 1 bar, 0 drive (anywhere) combo that deals 50% life, which is kind of retarded.

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: May 31, 2012, 12:06:51 AM »
My friend Gutts is making a video showing how to react against dp+p explaining which chracters could punish it or not

I'mtrying to help him to translate it

Waifu Material

sociald

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: June 11, 2012, 01:01:51 PM »
ehi sib, say thanks to ur friend i watched his video about reset mixups of elizabeth and it was very helpfull.
just one thing : can u ask ur friend to insert descriptions info and inputs on his videos ? about the reset and mixups too would be even more helpfull
thanks again

bbq sauce

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: June 19, 2012, 05:59:47 AM »
Is there a consistent means to doing the corner HD combo? particularly the A shoryu hdc 1 hit 236C? most often I either get 2 hit 236C or I super cancel to GR. @_@

edit: nvm I just found the DPA>6C shortcut. lol
« Last Edit: June 19, 2012, 06:28:45 AM by bbq sauce »

KnitemareX

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: June 22, 2012, 09:05:38 PM »
Is there any way to avoid DP randomly coming out during the qcf+AC, qcf+K xx qcf+C part of her midscreen DC combo? Sometimes I get qcf+C but other times it's dp+C. My main problem is the DP will come out the faster I do it, but if I go any slower, qcf+C whiffs mostly. I'm pretty close to getting it down. Just this part screwing me over.

And while I'm here, might as well ask. What's her best options to apply safe pressure? I'm having trouble keeping the offense going and getting dp'd a lot which is making me hesitant to attack in a lot of cases. I'm a KOF newbie if you couldn't tell

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: June 22, 2012, 09:14:55 PM »
Is there any way to avoid DP randomly coming out during the qcf+AC, qcf+K xx qcf+C part of her midscreen DC combo? Sometimes I get qcf+C but other times it's dp+C. My main problem is the DP will come out the faster I do it, but if I go any slower, qcf+C whiffs mostly. I'm pretty close to getting it down. Just this part screwing me over.

And while I'm here, might as well ask. What's her best options to apply safe pressure? I'm having trouble keeping the offense going and getting dp'd a lot which is making me hesitant to attack in a lot of cases. I'm a KOF newbie if you couldn't tell

Problem is you're doing  ;fd ;dn ;df ;fd in your inputs. That's a short cut for a dp. Do a hcf, maybe that'll help.

Diavle

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: June 22, 2012, 09:28:59 PM »

Just watch this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GZXafgWLTh8#ws

Bala's Elizabeth is amazing with excellent pressure and mixups, lots to learn from him.

Killey

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: June 22, 2012, 09:47:54 PM »

The only reason you're getting a DP is that it's still reading the forward input during your qcf+K, which means you're holding forward too long. Put your stick back to neutral before doing qcf+C instead of sliding the stick from forward to down. If you're still getting DP+C, turn on input view in training mode and see where it's reading the forward and then make adjustments in your motions from there.

I can't give you a clear answer on maintaining pressure with Elisabeth because it really just comes down to your understanding of fighting game fundamentals, the nuances to KoF, and how to read your opponent. You can watch all the videos you want but if you just try to mimic what the top players are doing without understanding why they are doing it then you'll plateau out. I've included a lot of information in her wiki entry on how to use her normals, her specials (still updating this section), her spacing game, and her mix-ups. I recommend starting there if you haven't already.

Mienaikage

• Rising Dragon
  • V-Slasher for Victory! ✌
    • View Profile
    • Homepage
« Reply #87 on: June 23, 2012, 02:48:57 AM »
Is there any way to avoid DP randomly coming out during the qcf+AC, qcf+K xx qcf+C part of her midscreen DC combo?

It's impossible for a DP to come out if you end a QCF motion with ;uf

KnitemareX

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: June 23, 2012, 05:06:56 AM »
Ooh thanks for all the responses. Through messing with everything you guys suggested, I've found a sweet spot in the timing that seems to make the qcf+C work more often

Will check out that vid tomorrow as well

@killey
Thanks, the frame data in the link was the exact kind of thing I was looking for actually

As for the video thing, I wouldn't use them to mimic a playstyle outright. Right now I'm just looking at basic stuff, like what buttons are preferred at certain distances, what to use when you're at block advantage, okizeme, etc.

-Azula-

• New Challenger
  • The Divine Right to Rule
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: June 24, 2012, 01:58:47 AM »
Do any of you guys know what Elisibaeth is saying during super/command throw?