Author Topic: Shen Woo (Console)  (Read 57315 times)

Malik

• Legendary Wolf
  • Student of this game called life....
    • View Profile
Re: Shen Woo (Console)
« Reply #45 on: May 17, 2012, 06:59:30 PM »
I don't know if any of you thought about this but after a knockdown with Shen near on in the corner & once you have your opponent trained to defend the "proper" way, CD EX Tamaken ( ;fd ;df ;dn ;db ;bk ;fd  ;a ;c) into say EX Tenrenken ( ;dn ;df ;fd ;b ;d) is a nice setup & can scare the opponent too. If they are alternate guarding, it won't work because the whiff CD animation will force the block stun.
"I used to be a christian then I met anime.. now i practice witchcraft and dark magics."
-Anony on Sankaku

choysauce

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 24, 2012, 01:57:41 AM »
you can link cr.B into cr.C?!?! why isn't anyone else doing this?

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
  • Even in the Darkness, Light Shines Through
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 24, 2012, 02:00:45 AM »
...You didn't know that?

Uh, a simple reason, it's an annoying ass link.  2F link at best, and you have to be relatively close.
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

LAB Falken

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 24, 2012, 02:12:55 AM »
It's a 1-frame.

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
  • Even in the Darkness, Light Shines Through
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 24, 2012, 02:31:33 AM »
It's a 1-frame.

Okay, well there you go.
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

LAB Falken

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 24, 2012, 02:56:00 AM »
At the very least, it doubles as a frametrap. It's the most simple confirm outside of cr B st B, or C > fB.

I have said this before, and it is FALSE information, but it feels easier if you doubletap the cr C (you can't doubletap 1f links, the reason I find it easier is likely because I have a rhythm with the two hits).

So if you're having trouble getting it out, I suggest giving that method a try.

Ryujin

• Rising Dragon
  • Not going anywhere for a while? Use V-Slasher
    • View Profile
    • Fah-che-book
« Reply #51 on: June 09, 2012, 06:59:18 AM »
Was practicing some safe jumping against Shen's Bakushin and saw something strange... It looked like the powerup made Shen take less damage as well, about 1/6 less damage than normal. Not sure if this is old news or anything, but I guess that gives even more reason to use this super.
360: Ryujinflame, playing XIII
FB|Twitter

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 09, 2012, 09:56:50 AM »
Yea, he takes about 20% less damage than before.

OCV|Gilgamesh

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 08, 2012, 10:37:18 PM »
kupĂ´

Any safe-jump setups ?

thanks

marchefelix

• Legendary Wolf
  • X A N A D U
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 16, 2012, 10:11:07 PM »
Question:

Is there an advantage of using  ;dn ;df ;fd +  ;a ;c over  ;dn ;df ;fd x2 +  ;a/ ;c?

They use the same amount of meter but one does more damage. And I don't think the speed difference between the moves seems like that big of a deal (I could be wrong on this, though).

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 16, 2012, 10:24:09 PM »
Question:

Is there an advantage of using  ;dn ;df ;fd +  ;a ;c over  ;dn ;df ;fd x2 +  ;a/ ;c?

They use the same amount of meter but one does more damage. And I don't think the speed difference between the moves seems like that big of a deal (I could be wrong on this, though).

Well, for 1 more meter, you can free cancel that EX Woo Punch into a super for no drive.

marchefelix

• Legendary Wolf
  • X A N A D U
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 18, 2012, 01:25:35 AM »
Question:

Well, for 1 more meter, you can free cancel that EX Woo Punch into a super for no drive.

That only works for his one-meter super?

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 18, 2012, 05:55:21 AM »
If you hit someone in the air as an anti-air, you can free cancel it into the regular super.

You can also do a 2 meter, 1 drive combo by doing j.C, st.C, f+B, hcb,f+P, qcf+AC, qcfx2+P for a 500 dmg combo.

Other than that, if you do it as a knee jerk wake up reversal or as an anti-fireball measure, you can only free cancel into the EX Super. If you placed your character in front of the opponent and hopped backwards, that would be the distance where this no longer works for free. It only works from that distance to right in their face.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2012, 06:05:19 AM by Reiki.Kito »

marchefelix

• Legendary Wolf
  • X A N A D U
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 20, 2012, 12:07:26 AM »
So... in other words, if you wanna make good use of that move, you gotta spend more meter?

Of course, that's for when you're not using it as an anti-fireball move...
« Last Edit: October 20, 2012, 12:16:57 AM by marchefelix »

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 20, 2012, 03:48:01 AM »
Basically. I mean, some moves are just too linear and only have one use. But if I had to pick a move that is the best option for a reversal, qcf+AC is pretty good! Completely invincible on start-up for 1 meter and blows up meaties where the freeze from the super makes it too hard to connect (The level 1, I mean. The travel time for the  EX super is almost instant).

Also, corner to corner carry for more meter. You can start from one end of the screen and belt someone with an EX super for 400 dmg and turn the tables on them.

But yeah, if you have two meter, and you REALLY wanna reversal someone, his EX Super and his Bakuten are probably the best moves he's got. Bakuten for close range meaties and EX Super for people trying to mess with you using fireballs or ranged moves. Or block. Blocking is good.