Author Topic: Duo Lon (Console)  (Read 71117 times)

SwitchPlaya

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
Re: Duo Lon (Console)
« Reply #15 on: December 27, 2011, 03:57:51 PM »
i am having some problems trying to punish close hop air normals and poking opponents with really good  normals and using his f+b i don't know if i am just placing them in the wrong place and/or at the wrong time also going about jump in punishes what move is best to hop in with. and how would you guys use his projectile
« Last Edit: December 27, 2011, 06:02:34 PM by SwitchPlaya »

the_judge

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 27, 2011, 05:03:32 PM »
Duo Lon Stupid Stuff [3DS Record Feature Test]

Here ya go. A low quality video which vaguely demonstrates what I am trying to display.
Read the description.

So I now declare Duo's cr.B special cancellable by utilizing that gatling-kara-cancel (New Fighting game term!)
Idk how much use this will be to other Duo players, but I personally will not play Duo unless I master this.

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 28, 2011, 07:54:57 PM »
I don't see why it would make a significant difference when you can do d.B x2, d.A rekkas already, you're talking about less than 1% damage difference and his s.A has (slightly) the most range of his light normals.

the_judge

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 29, 2011, 03:34:01 PM »
My only reason for utilizing this is that it compliments another odd technique I am attempting to use in play.

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 30, 2011, 05:55:45 AM »
I see.   Well if you like whiffing moves, you should utilizing this string as it's more practical for hit confirms: d.B x2, d.A, f.A, qcf +P x3 (first one whiffs).

Winterkit

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 09, 2012, 09:43:24 AM »
Any tips on getting into Duo Lon? He's intrigued me, but a friend said he's quite hard to learn because he's markedly different from most KoF characters. I get that you can follow up QCFP->QCF+B, but have only seen it done once or twice.. People have said there's a mixup game there, could someone explain that to me? Or is that just him in general?

Also, any tips on the timing of his Neomax cancel from EX DM would be greatly appreciated (also, is the direction of the NM input in relation to where you start the DM from, or where he hits on the final hit of it before cancelling?).
Current XIII team:
1st. Clarke
2nd. King
3rd. Kula (looking to change)

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 09, 2012, 11:33:50 AM »
Any tips on getting into Duo Lon? He's intrigued me, but a friend said he's quite hard to learn because he's markedly different from most KoF characters. I get that you can follow up QCFP->QCF+B, but have only seen it done once or twice.. People have said there's a mixup game there, could someone explain that to me? Or is that just him in general?

Honestly, the best place to start is his wiki as I put a lot hyperlinks to corresponding matches.  Although all the clips are to the arcade version, it should be 90% relevant.    If you have any questions after you finish reading the strategies please don't hesitate to ask.

Also, any tips on the timing of his Neomax cancel from EX DM would be greatly appreciated (also, is the direction of the NM input in relation to where you start the DM from, or where he hits on the final hit of it before cancelling?).

For the Ex DM, you [MC] on the 3rd hit inputting the NeoMax the opposite direction.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2012, 09:59:59 PM by Kane317 »

Winterkit

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 09, 2012, 07:50:02 PM »

Honestly, the best place to start is his wiki as I put a lot hyperlinks to corresponding matches.  Although all the clips are to the arcade version, it should be 90% relevant.    If you have any questions after you finish reading the strategies please don't hesitate to ask.

For the Ex DM, you [MC] on the 3rd hit inputting the NeoMax the opposite direction.

Yeah, I read the wiki after and facepalmed a little, as it answered so many of my questions. Thanks on both counts.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2012, 10:00:50 PM by Kane317 »
Current XIII team:
1st. Clarke
2nd. King

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 09, 2012, 10:52:58 PM »
Yeah, I read the wiki after and facepalmed a little, as it answered so many of my questions. Thanks on both counts.

No problem, if you need me to clarify anything I wrote in the wiki just lemme know.

---

EDIT: Slight damage buffs for his moves from arcade: NeoMax-448 (up from 400), f B-30 (up from 20), qcb P-60 (up from 50), Ex Rekkas (60, 40, 50) {up from (60, 30, 40)},  f AC 40x2 (up from 30x2).  

I'll update the front page.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2012, 11:17:22 PM by Kane317 »

Winterkit

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 14, 2012, 01:24:07 AM »
Kinda given up on DL. :/ My execution on his Rekkas is still atrocious after playing him for long enough to get a feel for him at entry level, and that pretty much closes off his combos/shenanigans to me, while also making my DL play full of easily punishable holes when I mess them up.
Current XIII team:
1st. Clarke
2nd. King

b4k4

• New Challenger
  • In the 37th Chamber
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 14, 2012, 02:10:12 AM »
Does anyone know if c.B, c.B, c.A xx qcf+P, qcf+P, EX qcf+P, qcf+P, qcb+A, c.A, qcf+P, qcf+P, qcf+P, (qcb~hcf+P) OR (qcf+B, s.C xx whatever) works?

The post above got me thinking about difficulty with rekkas. I can do Duo Lon's BnBs and stuff DC'd into f+A+C, but the rekkas into EX rekkas into qcb+A has been impossible for me to link. I keep dropping it at the qcb+A.

Can anyone attest to this being possible? I works so well in my mind...

FataCon

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 14, 2012, 02:42:01 AM »
Does anyone know if c.B, c.B, c.A xx qcf+P, qcf+P, EX qcf+P, qcf+P, qcb+A, c.A, qcf+P, qcf+P, qcf+P, (qcb~hcf+P) OR (qcf+B, s.C xx whatever) works?

The post above got me thinking about difficulty with rekkas. I can do Duo Lon's BnBs and stuff DC'd into f+A+C, but the rekkas into EX rekkas into qcb+A has been impossible for me to link. I keep dropping it at the qcb+A.

Can anyone attest to this being possible? I works so well in my mind...

It works. Cancel after the 2nd hit of EX rekka into the fireball. There's no real trick to it, just timing. I wouldn't use that combo though. Not really worth it to use the drive cancel from regular rekkas into EX rekkas. I also go straight into rekkas after the fireball instead of adding a normal.

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 16, 2012, 12:47:20 PM »
It works. Cancel after the 2nd hit of EX rekka into the fireball. There's no real trick to it, just timing. I wouldn't use that combo though. Not really worth it to use the drive cancel from regular rekkas into EX rekkas. I also go straight into rekkas after the fireball instead of adding a normal.

I have yet to find one [DC] combo that warrants the drive use.  Everything adds less than 100, most closer to only an additional 50 dmg which is pretty pathetic for a drive cancel.

It does look hella stylish I'll give you that.

One last thing that is good about the [DC]'ing into f+AC after Rekkas is that it's a) easy to hit confirm especially if you didn't start with a normal before the rekkas (a lot of times I'll just use rekkas to punish certain moves that are too far away) and b) [DC]'ing into f+AC makes the Ex Rekkas into qcb+A much easier due to the distance.

Consider this:
s.D, f.A, rekkas x2, [DC] f.AC, qcb A, s.C, Ex rekkas x2, qcb A, s.C, rekkas x3, qcf B, s.C - (479 2 stocks, 1 drive)

vs

s.D, f AC, s.D, f A, Ex Rekkas x2, qcb A, s.C, Rekkas x3, qcf B, s.C - (466 2 stocks, 0 drive)

Also I've been practice the Ex Rekkas into qcb A and what I've found so far is the trick is to delay the second hit of the Ex Rekka as long as possible and make sure you cancel the qcb A kinda early (not too early)--it'll allow you to do the s.C afterwards.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2012, 01:16:21 PM by Kane317 »

Raynex

• Strongest Tiger
  • The Emptiest of Hops
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 16, 2012, 12:53:01 PM »
Has anyone figured out some mix-ups off of his st.A / st.D post rekka? All have are incredibly obvious left/rights and the hop j.B, f+B (which only works on standing). st.D xx qcb+A sets up more pressure, but can't be used as tool to open up the opponent in and of itself.

edit: That's a really efficient two bar combo Kane. Does it do similar damage to st.D xx Rekkasx3 -> Ex Super? I'm curious as to what his max damage is for 2 bars no HD.
Random: "Man, KOF XII is such an awesome game!"
Iori:

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 16, 2012, 01:00:18 PM »
Has anyone figured out some mix-ups off of his st.A / st.D post rekka? All have are incredibly obvious left/rights and the hop j.B, f+B (which only works on standing). st.D xx qcb+A sets up more pressure, but can't be used as tool to open up the opponent in and of itself.

Yeah sadly with the hitbox adjusted it doesn't seem like the hop B --> air.f+B thing is nearly as useful in the console version.

edit: That's a really efficient two bar combo Kane. Does it do similar damage to st.D xx Rekkasx3 -> Ex Super? I'm curious as to what his max damage is for 2 bars no HD.

It's similiar damage to:

s.D, f.A, Rekkas x3, qcf B, Ex DM - 447

But the one I posted is pretty stylish.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2012, 01:16:40 PM by Kane317 »