Author Topic: Duo Lon (Console)  (Read 71115 times)

gazette

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
Re: Duo Lon (Console)
« Reply #45 on: January 27, 2012, 07:19:58 PM »
Hi, trying to main Duo Lon seems he's a speedy character. I do have a question on his reset. Usually after his BNB:  ;dn ;b ;dn ;b ;dn ;a (;dn ;df ;fd ;a)X3,  ;bk ;db ;dn ;df ;fd  ;b. Usually he will teleport to opponent's back, but sometimes its in front.

Is it character specific? I recorded this and tried this on kyo with repeated playbacks, it gives the same results. Sometimes it will be in front of the opponent, while most of the time he will teleport behind. Any clue?

FataCon

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 27, 2012, 08:18:42 PM »
Hi, trying to main Duo Lon seems he's a speedy character. I do have a question on his reset. Usually after his BNB:  ;dn ;b ;dn ;b ;dn ;a (;dn ;df ;fd ;a)X3,  ;bk ;db ;dn ;df ;fd  ;b. Usually he will teleport to opponent's back, but sometimes its in front.

Is it character specific? I recorded this and tried this on kyo with repeated playbacks, it gives the same results. Sometimes it will be in front of the opponent, while most of the time he will teleport behind. Any clue?

Has anyone noticed that sometimes after cr.Ax3 xx Rekkas, qcf+B, st.C, you won't cross up after the teleport? Mid-combo it's really hard to adjust. Is there anyway to know when the qcf+B will teleport will cross-up and when it won't based on number of hits/distance before a combo? Or do I just have to wing it?

I believe it depends on the timing that you cancel the last hit of the rekka with qcf+B.  If you do it late, you won't cross up and if you do it at the earliest moment you will.

Also, for teleport, you just have to do QCF, not HCF.

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 27, 2012, 11:39:39 PM »
Correct, as long as you input the qcf B as early as possible on the third hit of the rekkas, he'll teleport behind them.

gazette

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 28, 2012, 06:32:38 AM »
I see, so its the timing, will try to experiment more with him. Lol, I have been doing HCF all along.

KrimzonX

• New Challenger
  • Ninjas and stuff
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 08, 2012, 03:55:47 AM »
Can someone please help with one of duo lons trials where he has to cancel his super from the last hit of his rekka im really struggling with it.   ;dn ;df ;fd ;a into   ;dn ;db ;bk ;db ;dn ;df ;fd ;a
« Last Edit: February 08, 2012, 03:59:43 AM by Aztro BlaQ »
I love fighting games!

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
  • Even in the Darkness, Light Shines Through
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 08, 2012, 04:05:18 AM »
There's no tricks there, sorry.  Just got to input the Rekka into Super really fast.
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

KrimzonX

• New Challenger
  • Ninjas and stuff
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 08, 2012, 04:08:51 AM »
yeah but when do i exactly cancel it though as the last hit or should i be buffering before hand?
I love fighting games!

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
  • Even in the Darkness, Light Shines Through
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 08, 2012, 04:29:56 AM »
yeah but when do i exactly cancel it though as the last hit or should i be buffering before hand?

Try to buffer it as soon as you get the last Rekka input out.
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 09, 2012, 10:57:42 AM »

Try to buffer it as soon as you get the last Rekka input out.

Yeah like ppl have said before, after you input the last rekkas, start buffering the DM motion.  Once you see the third rekkas connect just complete the motion and press P.

Jon Slayton

• New Challenger
  • Duo Jon
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 25, 2012, 09:58:24 AM »
Here's some of my Duo Lon. There's a couple of other links in there like losers finals, grand finals should be up soonish, I won that 6-0 lol

Samurai X vs Shiki

Any tips? Thinking I should start blowing my HD meter even if I don't have enough to super at the end just for extra damage. I've been running him just as a lame out until I get a knock down, then rush down character, and pretty much don't spend meter unless I wanna kill, so I can have some for my next characters, but I'm thinking, might as well spend it. Lot of these matches I could have put away even faster if I did the HD combo.

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 25, 2012, 11:21:53 AM »
I watched your matches but I have to say it's hard to really give much tips when the difference in level of your opponent is pretty apparent (no offense to him).  

Overall, you played incredibly passive which is technically fine since I have always felt that DL can play a variety of styles but you can easily have taken control of the match early on.  The last match you actually started attacking which looked liked you knew what you were doing.

Don't forget to that f.A combos into f.B into DM...you missed a lot of opportunities.  You also missed a lot of pressure opportunities when you did his projectile since it's meant to be used for such and not so much like a regular fireball.  Speaking of which, easy on the qcb+P as it's super easy to punish you with a full combo if your opponent was a little more experienced.

Really didn't have much to analyze as you pretty much stayed away from your opponent without really taking advantage of momentum/mixup openings which you had plenty of.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2012, 11:24:38 AM by Kane317 »

Jon Slayton

• New Challenger
  • Duo Jon
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 25, 2012, 05:59:45 PM »
This match might be a little better. Thanks for the critique though. I normally only use the fireball if my opponent isn't super aggressive. What are some tricks you can do when rushing in with it? I usually just use it to bait a jump and anti air but I'm sure there's some nice stuff with it on offense too I don't know about.

My Duo Lon is incredibly lame though. If I know someone has trouble with zoning I just don't go in at all lol

I'll try to work f+A f+B super in more. That does seem like a pretty easy source of damage I'm missing.

Samurai X vs PacStrife (Losers Finals)

marchefelix

• Legendary Wolf
  • X A N A D U
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 15, 2012, 05:57:08 PM »
@ 4:41 of this vid:

KOF XIII Round 104

Duo Lon does a normal, which Kula blocks, then he cancels the normal into his projectile, but as you can see, he does it in the opposite direction. Can someone explain to me how that happened?

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 15, 2012, 08:14:30 PM »
@ 4:41 of this vid:

KOF XIII Round 104

Duo Lon does a normal, which Kula blocks, then he cancels the normal into his projectile, but as you can see, he does it in the opposite direction. Can someone explain to me how that happened?

Simple, he was going for the crossup s.CD trick but he did it too slow, it happens all the time.  Basically the game things he successfully made the crossup but he really didn't and afterwards he's pushed back to the correct side.

giga_d

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 05, 2012, 05:51:29 AM »
how strict would you say the timing is to throw duo lon when he does the D teleport after the last reckka?