Author Topic: Duo Lon (Console)  (Read 71122 times)

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: Duo Lon (Console)
« Reply #105 on: October 24, 2012, 11:11:59 AM »
^ Great find Saiki_TJ_MX, I added to the wiki and of course have you the credit.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2012, 12:47:29 PM by Kane317 »

Sir Octopus (Saiki)

• Mod Team
  • Strongest Tiger
  • Think outside the box
    • View Profile
    • My combo videos
« Reply #106 on: October 24, 2012, 12:13:10 PM »
Just wanted that  ;fd ;b link so bad you know xD

marchefelix

• Legendary Wolf
  • X A N A D U
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: May 15, 2013, 10:55:01 PM »
I don't know if this is something that has been tested, but I wonder what kind of uses can you get from a backstep f+A or f+AC; since they can be done in the air and a backstep leaves you in an airborne state, this should be doable. Would it be a good anti-crossup? Are there any interesting setups available after doing this? I'd appreciate it if someone tested this out for me.

(I also wondered what can be done with a backstep f+B or f+BD, but by the nature of the move, I can surmise that it is useless.)

Arc

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: May 16, 2013, 05:58:05 AM »
Just tried that out for a while. I couldn't get f+A/AC or f+b/BD to work during a backstep regardless of how I timed the input. It might not be possible.

marchefelix

• Legendary Wolf
  • X A N A D U
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: May 17, 2013, 10:12:13 PM »
Oh really? That's a shame. One has to wonder why he's not able to do this....

Tyrant292

• Scion of Flame
  • I have no regrets
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: May 17, 2013, 11:53:11 PM »

Got a question guys.

If Duo Lon uses his CD cross up after a hard knock down can he ex teleport to avoid a reversal? and if he can why isnt it used? he can get a full punish from it.

Sir Octopus (Saiki)

• Mod Team
  • Strongest Tiger
  • Think outside the box
    • View Profile
    • My combo videos
« Reply #111 on: May 18, 2013, 12:35:12 AM »
I can be done and it works. The reason why I don't do it as often is because I have to commit to the EX move and spend the bar, now, if you're going to spend the bar on an EX, you're better off using it in a situation where you yourself are not forced to use it. Say against Kim, I do use it against him because he can option select which side I'm going to end up hitting him with his EX flash kick, this way, since they've already commited to the flash kick since the dawn of time, you can risk a whiff CD into the EX because it's likely you'll get rewarded, otherwise if they don't feel secure about a reversal, they'll just block one way and you'd have spent a stock plus given them a vantage point.

Tyrant292

• Scion of Flame
  • I have no regrets
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: May 18, 2013, 11:28:00 AM »

Thanks Sir Octopus. That's a good reasoning, because I was wondering, Duo Lon players could do that and get a full punish. The thing is I dont see the CD cross up whiff used anymore I think because it's not useful as the projectile meaty or it can be countered easily.

Sir Octopus (Saiki)

• Mod Team
  • Strongest Tiger
  • Think outside the box
    • View Profile
    • My combo videos
« Reply #113 on: May 19, 2013, 07:46:36 AM »
Well, the way I usually do it is as follows; Do CD as soon as possible as to get the hit at the last possible couple of frames, you they try to reversal you with a special move, say, EX Iori, if he does a reverse DP, only the first hit will hit you and you will end up standing on the correct side, allowing for a full punish, and, if you get a counter hit, you can do a DM and get back in the same exact situation, allowing for a semi vortex situation.

Tyrant292

• Scion of Flame
  • I have no regrets
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: May 19, 2013, 02:51:23 PM »

That's cool Sir Octopus.

Thanks, much appreciated.

The K1 Effect

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: September 07, 2013, 09:48:36 AM »
Hi Duo Lon players. Im just curious if Duo Lon really as meter intensive as ive heard......basically, can I play a team of Duo Lon / Leona ? The main reason im asking is because Leona loves her meter......but from what ive seen / heard, Duo Lon is kinda a meter hog too. I kinda want to run a team of Duo Lon / (Terry / Kyo) / Leona, but I dont know if there will be enough meter to go around. If there wont be enough meter for Leona, then ill just make a second team.....Leona is my girl and is my true main, so shes non negotiable.

Opinions?

Crimson_King15

• Strongest Tiger
  • Are You okay? BUSTA WOLF!
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: September 08, 2013, 11:28:53 AM »
Hi Duo Lon players. Im just curious if Duo Lon really as meter intensive as ive heard......basically, can I play a team of Duo Lon / Leona ? The main reason im asking is because Leona loves her meter......but from what ive seen / heard, Duo Lon is kinda a meter hog too. I kinda want to run a team of Duo Lon / (Terry / Kyo) / Leona, but I dont know if there will be enough meter to go around. If there wont be enough meter for Leona, then ill just make a second team.....Leona is my girl and is my true main, so shes non negotiable.

Opinions?

His mix ups and damage get significantly better with meter, also his only invincible options come with meter. So ,to answer your question yes he is meter reliant but he can also sustain the meter he uses if played properly.

marchefelix

• Legendary Wolf
  • X A N A D U
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: October 12, 2013, 01:39:15 AM »
Fucking wow

KOF XIII DUO LON TRIBUTE Stun Combo+

please front page this!

marchefelix

• Legendary Wolf
  • X A N A D U
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: October 26, 2013, 06:05:37 AM »

marchefelix

• Legendary Wolf
  • X A N A D U
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: November 09, 2013, 05:50:47 PM »
Shifting to the other side in the middle of the combo? I've never seen that before!

Duolon KOF XIII CMV MINI