Author Topic: Terry Bogard (Console)  (Read 71541 times)

desmond_kof

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • Practice everyday without neglect
    • View Profile
    • DesmondDELAGHETTO youtube page
Re: Terry Bogard (Console)
« Reply #15 on: December 16, 2011, 07:58:02 PM »
Since there isn't a Terry video thread, I'll leave this here:

KOF XIII KCE公開動画その344現役声優による基本解説講座(Terry)
« Last Edit: December 16, 2011, 08:01:58 PM by Desmond Delaghetto »
"Do not place so much importance on winning. The fight itself has value."

steamwolf

• Scion of Flame
  • Southtown Underdog
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 17, 2011, 12:10:07 PM »
Thanks, Desmond! I'll compile known videos and make a video thread soon.

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN id: Musolini187 Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 19, 2011, 07:31:49 AM »
yeah some small terry titbits.

when combing in hd mode and you cancel into crackshoot  ;d version, you always gotta do it as late as posssible so all 4 hits ofthe crackshoot hit. this way you can easiyl juggle afterwards. if you hitthem too early youcant juggle them or you gotta do it real quick like with a ex rising tackle, but like in the vid even then they bounce off after only a few hits.

and i was tripping as well in training mode, during the normal terry hd combo (same one mr kof did) ifyou hit them with the busta wolf really high and your a lil further from the corner than usual, the trinnety geyser hit 4! times. that HUGE damage. they do fall real quicklyafterwards so i dont know know for sure if its possible to  juggle afterwards, guy in vid used1 ex bk in his combo as well, i dont and only use normal busta wolf and NM (thus 3 bars, so maybe an exbk or busta/exbusta might connect afterwards.
In the end, there can only be XIII.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1p0XsEizwHA

Still mo sweet Chariots, keep on swingin'!

MAASKYO

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 19, 2011, 06:31:48 PM »
kinda confused..
from srk wiki about crack shoot
http://wiki.shoryuken.com/The_King_of_Fighters_XIII/Terry
Although the   ;d Version has frame advantage on block rather than being at neutral like  ;b Version, it takes distance to space it properly to land on an opponent. Also, the  ;d Version is frequently used in Drive/Hyper Drive combos and as a preemptive anti-air from strange angles, such as the opponent trying to use a cross-up attack.
Overall, Crack Shoot is a bit slower than in the past KOF games and is more reminiscent of Terry's Crack Shoot from Garou: Mark of The Wolves. If anything, Crack Shoot in King of Fighters XIII is the medium in between KOF's Crack Shoot and MOTW's Crack Shoot, but it is not an overhead.
but when i tested it against Goro he threw Terry in both versions....just after crouch guard  i couldn't  throw the  ;d version
« Last Edit: December 19, 2011, 06:38:30 PM by MAASKYO »

desmond_kof

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 19, 2011, 07:53:40 PM »
^^^ from what I understand, the crouch guarded D version is more safe than standing...as well as doing qcb D from a far and placing one blocked hit from it. They are only hit by the last active frame. You can read up on that in more detail here: http://dreamcancel.com/2011/10/27/a-guide-to-frame-data/

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 19, 2011, 09:58:24 PM »
Okay, so lemme go in on this:

I won't say I'm the Terry expert, but I'll try to help as much as I can. When Terry does a B crackshoot, it's -2 frames of recovery. That means he can't be normal thrown out of it reliably. When Terry does that to a standing opponent, it's about the same, but when he does it to a crouching opponent, depending on how tall the opponent is, he's +2 frames on block. That means Terry's at an advantage if someone blocks low.

Now, if you can't dp+K grab Terry out of it, that means the grab is not an instant 1-frame command grab. Specifically, they can't do it to punish Terry. Daimon's hcb, f+P grab IS a 1-frame command grab and is probably the punish of choice without spending meter.

Hope this helps!

EDIT:

Also, something I noticed that Nocturnal did to me in a match (So can't take any credit for this what so ever). After a regular combo midscreen, st.C, df+C, [DC] qcb+B .... He did st.B and then waited to throw out a power wave. If timed properly, you could put someone in block stun as they're landing or maybe even make them land on it.

I don't understand it because Nocturnal developed it, not me. However, I think it's worth a shot with Terry for some midscreen reassurance without spending meter.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2011, 04:43:12 AM by Reiki.Kito »

MAASKYO

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 20, 2011, 05:59:41 AM »
Thanks a lot...
mmm...if i were a grappler player...i would (against Terry) always stand blocking since he doesn't have a low special (except EX power wave which it slow anyway) and  his  ;dn+ ;b;dn+ ;d have a short range..
 ;b version is so hard to stand blocking in reaction...unlike the  ;d version ...
but its is so fun to use if my opp doesn't know this info+both versions on airborne opp combo to Buster Wolf ;)

desmond_kof

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile

Frofighter

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
    • Riyadh FGC - Newly-established Youtube page for the FGC of Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
« Reply #23 on: January 11, 2012, 07:42:10 PM »
yeah some small terry titbits.

when combing in hd mode and you cancel into crackshoot  ;d version, you always gotta do it as late as posssible so all 4 hits ofthe crackshoot hit. this way you can easiyl juggle afterwards. if you hitthem too early youcant juggle them or you gotta do it real quick like with a ex rising tackle, but like in the vid even then they bounce off after only a few hits.

While it's true you have to juggle with the D Crackshoot low, you don't have to get all four hits for a juggle to be possible. It is the optimal way, I'll agree.

Also, what did people think of the corner combo in the video at the top of this page? The one where you DC into D Crackshoot then do EX Geyser and link to Rising Tackle? I've learned it to use if I think it will definitely kill my opponent where the usual bnb wouldn't, but has anyone seen more merit to using it?
"NO PROBREM!" -Terry, KOF 2002/UM

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 13, 2012, 09:28:33 AM »
I'm not sure if they covered this in the Master Class Terry video, but this was something I was working on.

So if Terry does a d.B, st.B into D crackshoot and it hits twice, as long as the person does not attempt a 1F command grab or an move that's invincible on start up, Terry will hit them with a st.C. When you do d.B, st.B into B crackshoot, if the opponent times a 3 frame move, he can trade with your st.C. So what this tells me is that when he hits standing opponents, he's +1 frames and probably +2 with D crackshoot. However, Terry adjusts his hat every time he does crackshoot. This is also important to note because if you don't cancel that animation (which starts as he puts his feet on the ground after crackshoot) you won't be able to do anything till he's done which means the link is really tight.

Frofighter

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
    • Riyadh FGC - Newly-established Youtube page for the FGC of Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
« Reply #25 on: January 27, 2012, 01:07:16 AM »
I'm not sure if they covered this in the Master Class Terry video, but this was something I was working on.

So if Terry does a d.B, st.B into D crackshoot and it hits twice, as long as the person does not attempt a 1F command grab or an move that's invincible on start up, Terry will hit them with a st.C. When you do d.B, st.B into B crackshoot, if the opponent times a 3 frame move, he can trade with your st.C. So what this tells me is that when he hits standing opponents, he's +1 frames and probably +2 with D crackshoot. However, Terry adjusts his hat every time he does crackshoot. This is also important to note because if you don't cancel that animation (which starts as he puts his feet on the ground after crackshoot) you won't be able to do anything till he's done which means the link is really tight.

I could have sworn you can cancel the hat adjustment animation at any point in time. As in, the animation doesn't count as an actual taunt and you can do anything to stop it at any point during. Probably gonna test it tonight to confirm once I finish my homework...

EDIT: Confirmed. The hat-adjusting animation can be canceled at any time. While this doesn't make you wrong in saying that the link is tight, it can be interrupted, so you're not vulnerable while Terry does that.

Anyway, on another note, watching the STA ranbats got me thinking about Terry's positioning on a team again. I've been running him second (Joe/K', Terry, Claw Iori), but all the talk about his spot on the team got me thinking again. Personally, I've done best with him in second because he makes solid use of a 4-meter cap, and can do well using only 1 meter at a time if necessary. I know team formation can be pretty flexible, but I feel like I have other characters who can make better use of a 5-meter cap (namely, Iori and Kim). I'm probably overthinking this, but I'd like to hear some opinions on this.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2012, 04:49:45 PM by Frofighter »
"NO PROBREM!" -Terry, KOF 2002/UM

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 01, 2012, 03:16:32 PM »

I could have sworn you can cancel the hat adjustment animation at any point in time. As in, the animation doesn't count as an actual taunt and you can do anything to stop it at any point during. Probably gonna test it tonight to confirm once I finish my homework...

EDIT: Confirmed. The hat-adjusting animation can be canceled at any time. While this doesn't make you wrong in saying that the link is tight, it can be interrupted, so you're not vulnerable while Terry does that.

Anyway, on another note, watching the STA ranbats got me thinking about Terry's positioning on a team again. I've been running him second (Joe/K', Terry, Claw Iori), but all the talk about his spot on the team got me thinking again. Personally, I've done best with him in second because he makes solid use of a 4-meter cap, and can do well using only 1 meter at a time if necessary. I know team formation can be pretty flexible, but I feel like I have other characters who can make better use of a 5-meter cap (namely, Iori and Kim). I'm probably overthinking this, but I'd like to hear some opinions on this.

Honestly, I only put Terry first if I know the person I'm playing is a fireball character. Now that there are more neutral tools to be used and frametraps, he can build a lot more meter on block which makes him nice and useful to me.  However, as a first place person, his C Powerwave is indispensable against fireball focused characters. It scores a knockdown and it goes through other fireballs. It's short range, but it lets you get in close where fireball characters hate you to be in. From the knockdown, if they tech roll, you could safe jump from that distance to make them freak out.

Other than that, he's a good second. I'm not sure how he is on third, but Terry's HD combo potential midscreen can eat meter and end games. He's no joke with an HD combo. Other than an HD, Terry's a more 1 stock, 1 drive guy. Everything else after that is fluff or irrelevant/over-exaggerated damage.

Also, new stuff for Terry!
===========================================
So I've been practicing with Metaphysics and he showed me a few things with A burn knuckle that's very good and useful. I've been using it in matches. If you space Terry's A burn knuckle just right, you end up making it completely safe. If someone tries to punish you for it, you can block or completely reversal them with a C Rising Tackle.

The best blockstring I can show you to get you in the perfect position is d.B, d.A, d.C, qcf+A -wait- => Burn Knuckle. If all of the previous stuff was blocked, you're at the perfect distance to do a burn knuckle.

Now, how do you beat this? Even if you GCAB, the animation'll end once Terry hits so he's safe even through a guard roll. GCCD is a waste of meter. You could do an invincible move if you timed it right, but what's the best option here?

Moving forward stops this strategy cold. If you know someone is going to go for this set-up or naked Burn Knuckles at the right distance, you walk forward and block. This makes Burn Knuckle unsafe and allows you to punish him with anything.

hiltzy85

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 01, 2012, 08:43:51 PM »
what about the spacing in this string makes the burn knuckle safe?  Does he end up too far away from them on block for grabs to get him?  Have you guys tested it vs various grab DMs that have big range?  I guess to be fair, it doesn't really matter, if you can just walk forward a bit and block to make it unsafe again...
Former Semi-Serious MK9 player, Mediocre T6 player, maybe one day I'll be a Mediocre KOF XIII player, too

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 01, 2012, 09:34:40 PM »
what about the spacing in this string makes the burn knuckle safe?  Does he end up too far away from them on block for grabs to get him?  Have you guys tested it vs various grab DMs that have big range?  I guess to be fair, it doesn't really matter, if you can just walk forward a bit and block to make it unsafe again...

Lemme use Daimon as an example.

His hcb,f+P grab is one frame. If I space Burn Knuckle properly, even if he has perfect execution, I can do a rising tackle and hit him before he can do it. The key is how light burn knuckle works.

Usually, when something hits, they go into recovery and that's that. The animation ends or changes when you hit something or someone. That's not the case with Terry's Burn Knuckle. Burn Knuckle is predetermined. That means the distance it travels, the length of its active frames, and the length of the recovery frames are all constant. That being said, if you hit someone with the last possible active frames of Burn Knuckle, there's practically no recovery frames while putting someone in the same amount of frames of blockstun you cause at any point you could have hit them.

In short, the farther away you hit them, the more safe the move becomes. At the perfect distance, they're still in blockstun longer than you are in recovery which makes it safe.

The issue is that you have to be aware I'm doing it and constantly be in my face. At any time, I can do something else that's completely different that your walking forward could be vulnerable to. You don't always have to do it. It's just like you don't always have to do D crackshoot in a blockstring. Having that option is the important part. You can also solve the problem by walking back and doing it. They might screw up and get hit by Burn Knuckle anyway.

Like I said before, it's something to consider as a legitimate tool. Use it how you like.

hiltzy85

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 01, 2012, 10:08:22 PM »
yeah, i understand.  I didn't realize that burn knuckle had properties like that.  It makes sense. 
Former Semi-Serious MK9 player, Mediocre T6 player, maybe one day I'll be a Mediocre KOF XIII player, too