Author Topic: Andy Bogard (Console)  (Read 63439 times)

Matt Alder

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
Re: Andy Bogard (Console)
« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2012, 08:14:59 PM »
I've been messing around with Andy's far C. it's a really strong poke, but what most don't know is that you can start a full combo without activating HD mode with it. Far  ;c,  ;db ;fd ;c,  ;bk ;db ;dn ;df ;fd ;b [brake] works anywhere. It's just about impossible to confirm unless you're punishing something, but  ;db ;fd ;c is very difficult to punish, so vs most of the cast it's entirely safe to do on block.

Rex Dart

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2012, 10:17:41 PM »
Is Andy a good anchor? I'm a total noob to this game, but it seems like he can get some major damage and pressure with his EX moves.

I think Andy works well in any position. If he's on point, he has great normals and meterless corner combos. As an anchor, he gets great HD combos and EX moves that help his poking/zoning game.

Matt Alder

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2012, 04:30:23 AM »
Hiltzy asked in the arcade Andy thread which was locked if Andy's target combo,  B,D could be cancelled without cr.B. Yes it can. Into any special you want. It's marvelous.

fiol

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2012, 10:31:49 AM »
i hate andy... really... dunno how to beat him.
today i met a guy whose team was: andy,kyo,iori
mine was billy,ralf,clark
with billy i ve a lot of problems to beat andy.. any suggestion?

KOF XIII: billy, ralf, clark
KOF XII: ralf,kyo,ryo

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2012, 02:58:19 PM »
Well, can't say I play Andy, but that match up shouldn't be as difficult if you play the defensive game.

You want to run and gun, get in his face for some damage and get away. Aside from his fireball and his normals, most of his moves are ones you can punish. Use d.C to stop Andy's jump ins and make use of back dashing to make him mess up his spacing with normals. You want to stick to your poking game. j.CD, hcf+C, qcb+A, f+B, anything you can get your hands on to space and poke you should use. If he does get in your face and you can't get him off, don't be ashamed to use meter to blowback or guard cancel roll. You can punish him if you GC Roll (GCAB) on his st.C if you know he'll do his f+A. He won't be able to cancel anything afterwards so you can hurt him bad. That's not easy though so you'll have to know it's coming.

Mienaikage

• Rising Dragon
  • V-Slasher for Victory! ✌
    • View Profile
    • Homepage
« Reply #20 on: January 12, 2012, 03:41:00 PM »
Far  ;c,  ;db ;fd ;c,  ;bk ;db ;dn ;df ;fd ;b [brake] works anywhere. It's just about impossible to confirm unless you're punishing something

Why would you need to confirm? You can't DC on block :P

Matt Alder

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 12, 2012, 10:15:05 PM »
Far  ;c,  ;db ;fd ;c,  ;bk ;db ;dn ;df ;fd ;b [brake] works anywhere. It's just about impossible to confirm unless you're punishing something

Why would you need to confirm? You can't DC on block :P
True but  ;db ;fd ;c is punishable by some characters. It is pretty negative on block.

Mienaikage

• Rising Dragon
  • V-Slasher for Victory! ✌
    • View Profile
    • Homepage
« Reply #22 on: January 14, 2012, 04:06:45 AM »
Perhaps worth substituting for ;a then? (Granted that you're in range for it to hit)

Matt Alder

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 14, 2012, 08:53:09 PM »
A version starts up quicker and deals way less damage, recovery is virtually the same. It's like -10f vs -12f on block. It's a powerful combo starter but only use it against characters without extremely fast punishers. For example I can use it all day against my friend's Mai or Billy, but if I did it against Mr. Karate I would be asking to eat his EXDM.

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 20, 2012, 05:28:25 AM »
Which combos with 800-1000 damage does Andy had?

Waifu Material

Chowdizzle

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 24, 2012, 04:56:05 AM »
A version starts up quicker and deals way less damage, recovery is virtually the same. It's like -10f vs -12f on block. It's a powerful combo starter but only use it against characters without extremely fast punishers. For example I can use it all day against my friend's Mai or Billy, but if I did it against Mr. Karate I would be asking to eat his EXDM.

Is  ;db ;fd ;a punishable? Supers are fast enough to punish? I've never been punished for it but no one I've played has tried with a DM.

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 24, 2012, 05:30:07 AM »
I'm sure that could be punished, with blockstrings the only safe move imo is QCB + p without using meters

Waifu Material

hiltzy85

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 24, 2012, 06:54:39 PM »
Can K` or Kula punish blocked  zaneiken (A or C) with dp+C or EX dp?  I feel like they're both really fast and have crazy range (Kula's dp+C hits from like just inside half screen)...
Former Semi-Serious MK9 player, Mediocre T6 player, maybe one day I'll be a Mediocre KOF XIII player, too

milesw

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 24, 2012, 11:02:59 PM »
I havent tested it but those moves arent fast at all. So I doubt it.
満月の夜にまた会おうか!

My youtube
http://www.youtube.com/user/mairusu1

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 24, 2012, 11:23:19 PM »
Kula and K' can both punish  ;db ;fd;a with a sweep or a 4 frame normal.