Author Topic: Andy Bogard (Console)  (Read 63700 times)

quash

• New Challenger
  • OK? OKAAAAAAY!
    • View Profile
Re: Andy Bogard (Console)
« Reply #105 on: February 15, 2014, 07:15:40 PM »
I play him on point, where I feel he's strongest.

This may be an unpopular opinion, but I feel that outside of select situations, you should never spend meter as Andy.

Using EX Hishouken means you're probably in a really bad/awkward situation you shouldn't be in. EX Zaneiken is basically a gimmick, as is EX Kuuhadan (how I miss this move's invincibility). EX Shoryudan can help you get out of the corner if you feel that it's worth spending the meter, but otherwise it's pretty mediocre.

What I'm getting at is that none of Andy's EX moves solve any problem that can't be solved by just playing better.

As for damage, I don't feel that it's worth it unless it's going to kill. Andy's meterless damage is already so good that spending any meter or (especially) drive is basically a waste.

I've always felt that Andy was a purpose built point character, and I think that moreso than ever now. As long as you've built up enough meter for your next character (in my case, Shen) to do some damage with, who cares if you lost? Having a meter lead with a character who can optimize it is worth losing a point character, if you ask me.

If Andy's your second character, I guess you can somewhat justify spending meter on combos, but I still feel that it's sub-optimal. If Andy's your anchor, get a better one.
kof scrub in training

AirLancer

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: August 19, 2014, 12:17:10 PM »
Posted in the main video thread, but might as well put it here too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JxKJnRgvQqA

+

More damage

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u4ZplaMveF4
« Last Edit: August 23, 2014, 10:33:18 PM by AirLancer »

marchefelix

• Legendary Wolf
  • X A N A D U
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: April 30, 2015, 07:44:06 PM »