Author Topic: Joe Higashi (Console)  (Read 89464 times)

The Fluke

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: Joe Higashi (Console)
« Reply #30 on: January 07, 2012, 05:37:02 PM »
Golden heel can still be used as an AA if done early. Both strengths allow juggles afterwards, but B is hell unsafe on block.

I thought B golden heel had better recovery than D? Gonna have to check that out in training later on. Worth mentioning is that D golden heel on block is suicide against grapplers while the B version puts you at a better distance.

Buriki One

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 08, 2012, 03:35:52 AM »
Golden heel can still be used as an AA if done early. Both strengths allow juggles afterwards, but B is hell unsafe on block. Use D heel for that, afterwards you can use EX slash kick to carry them towards the corner for some juggling.

Near the corner you can D heel > tiger kick <DC> screw upper or > tiger kick > tnt punch + finish > jump D, etc.

For some odd reason i can do s.C, f+b, hcf+A....what gives?

^Not sure what you mean?

wait a sec, I think you can DC it off of hurricane.
Damn, that's right, no DC'ing off of hurricane....so no comboing into EX heel for ground combos... oh wells

You can do s.D <delay> f.B > A hurrican <no cancel> EX tnt > continue with fun punishings...for comboing from hurricane which is pretty good if you get the opportunity.

So just tried this which is pretty cool:
1 Stock, No Drive Gauge
(corner)j.D, s.D, (delay) f.B, hcf+A, [AC], qcb+D, dp+B, [A](2~3hits), qcb+A, j.D = 465

@Desmond, could we add this to the wiki? I think it's great damage for 1 meter and no drive and looks cool.

KOF XIII joe really reminds me of 97 joe. Anyways Im sorry i made a typo last post. I meat that i couldnt get hcf+A after his normal staple combo s.C, f+B, hcf+A. Do you have to delay after the standing D?

I know you can DC  hcf +A into EX TNT punch. Starting to find joes combos arent really that hard! Even his simple ones do so much damage.

As for golden heel, BOTH are punishable by instant throw but you can make them (especially b) safe if you space it correctly (ie letting just the tip hit the opponent). B is for anti air and D is just for combos.

The Fluke

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 08, 2012, 05:21:22 AM »
KOF XIII joe really reminds me of 97 joe. Anyways Im sorry i made a typo last post. I meat that i couldnt get hcf+A after his normal staple combo s.C, f+B, hcf+A. Do you have to delay after the standing D?

I know you can DC  hcf +A into EX TNT punch. Starting to find joes combos arent really that hard! Even his simple ones do so much damage.

As for golden heel, BOTH are punishable by instant throw but you can make them (especially b) safe if you space it correctly (ie letting just the tip hit the opponent). B is for anti air and D is just for combos.

As far as i know s.C f.B can't be comboed into A Hurricane Upper, s.D delayed f.B A Hurricane Upper works in the corner though.

Joes combos are pretty comfortable once you get the hang of them, and because it is Joe, they are also awesome.

Expected them to be throw punishable, what i'm really interested in though is whether they are punishable with combos. Doesn't seem that way to me so i've been using the B version for strings and preemptive anti airs and the heavy version to chase A Hurricanes.

BioBooster

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
  • PSN: BioBoosterUnit
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 09, 2012, 06:57:45 AM »
Yep ^ the fluke is correct. s.C f.B can't be comboed into A Hurricane Upper.

And as you guys say, heel is punishable by 1 frame throws.

Buriki,

Hurricane is not actually DC'able, but EX TNT is within range and fast enough to punish then launch after
(corner)j.D, s.D, (delay) f.B, hcf+A

Yeah I agree that his combos are not that hard at all. The only time it can get tricky is with combos that include multiple tnts.

Right now I'm on a bit of a quest to find a combo that will carry the opponent from corner to corner. The only stable one I know of is the training mode one (#7 I think), but that's quite costly. I submitted a pretty efficient one to wiki, but that was a mid-screen one ~_~

Joes combos are pretty comfortable once you get the hang of them, and because it is Joe, they are also awesome.
^fo sho!

Hey Fluke, btw, B heel can be safe most of the time if the tip is blocked, but think your much better off with D for that. Check out practice mode and use D heel with the dummy on 1-hit guard. When you jump immediately after, you'll see that Joe's pretty much at 0 where B seems to be -3 or so.

The Fluke

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 10, 2012, 06:51:19 PM »
Hey Fluke, btw, B heel can be safe most of the time if the tip is blocked, but think your much better off with D for that. Check out practice mode and use D heel with the dummy on 1-hit guard. When you jump immediately after, you'll see that Joe's pretty much at 0 where B seems to be -3 or so.

Hmm.. I've got to get to checking that out soon, i imagine that B heel might have better relative recovery against crouchers than standing opponents seeing how it hits. -3 is dangerous even at the range it leaves you.. I've been busy with other things, so i haven't gotten around to test this yet, i will next time i hit training mode though.

*I've tested a bit and yes, B golden heel clearly has worse recovery. I did however find something fun; if you are right next to your opponent and he/she crouches you can either do B golden heel directly or after a either crouching or standing jab and it will cross up the opponent. It is however only 35 damage so it may barely ever be the perfect choice. It doesn't seem to be possible to combo off of, not even on counter hit, but if the opponent gets scared or confused it could work as an ugly mixup or whatever people call it. May actually get a combo off of it just because the opponent doesn't know what's up.

Also, D golden heel only hits once on crouchers. Never noticed that because generally when i combo into it it is off of a string starting with d.B.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2012, 08:18:14 PM by The Fluke »

BioBooster

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 12, 2012, 03:51:57 PM »
Fluke, that's some pretty cool tech. I would have never noticed either as I do a lot of stuff in the corner. Your 'crossup of filth' ahhah -would be awsome for for oki attacking away the corner where crossing up wouldn't happen.

My friend, you have given me my first ever use for s.B more damage than s.A (30 v 25).
I think I will s.B > B heel. And I think to the unsuspecting, you could just spam another B heel right away which gives you yet another crossup from that position.

Damn, you finding this out made me reconfirm that you cannot possibly combo after hitting with B heel lol

BioBooster

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 17, 2012, 01:29:51 AM »
Right now I'm on a bit of a quest to find a combo that will carry the opponent from corner to corner. The only stable one I know of is the training mode one (#7 I think), but that's quite costly. I submitted a pretty efficient one to wiki, but that was a mid-screen one ~_~

Thought there was nothing good for this until I saw metaphysics Joe on the SWAG combo contest on the home page m(_ _)m RIDICULOUS. Why the hell would I need a coast to coast when I can just blast the opponent back and forth like a pinball.

I'll have to check, but its along the lines of:
j.D (can use crossup), s.C (HD), df.B, (hcf+D, (HDC)dp+B)Xn...
{changing direction on each hcf+D}

and then didn't get to see it in the video, but the finisher ought to be
...dp+B, (HDC)qcfX2+P, (MC)qcfX2+K (if enough stock)

'Tis execution madness for me, but will try to make it stable.

BioBooster

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 23, 2012, 05:22:43 PM »
Alright, how CRACKINGLY hard is it to TnT finish, (SC) screw upper?

You have to have insanely fast hands unless there is a shortcut.

I do AAAA then qcb+A on the last A then just crank out screw upper, but I'm like 10% with this method.
I'd love to be able to finish combos with that as it looks like you can follow up after screw if they're high up...

Anyone have any idea how in the hell to do this?

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 23, 2012, 05:24:09 PM »
Alright, how CRACKINGLY hard is it to TnT finish, (SC) screw upper?

You have to have insanely fast hands unless there is a shortcut.

I do AAAA then qcb+A on the last A then just crank out screw upper, but I'm like 10% with this method.
I'd love to be able to finish combos with that as it looks like you can follow up after screw if they're high up...

Anyone have any idea how in the hell to do this?

If screw upper is qcf x2 punch. Can't you just do another qcf+P and that'll super cancel?

BioBooster

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 23, 2012, 05:26:25 PM »
Hey Reiki.

TnT finish is qcb+P, so after that have to do qcfx2+P

and the cancellable frams on the finish are bizarrely short...

Cracking I tell ya T_T
« Last Edit: January 23, 2012, 05:34:56 PM by BioBooster »

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 23, 2012, 05:39:21 PM »
Hey Reiki.

TnT finish is qcb+P, so after that have to do qcfx2+P

and the cancellable frams on the finish are bizarrely short...

Cracking I tell ya T_T

Oh! Well, if you already tried to confirm my combos for Maxima, Booster, you should be able to do that. It's the same motion as doing vapor cannon into double vapor cannon.

BioBooster

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 23, 2012, 05:44:28 PM »
Yeah you would think, but it's hell sever :(

The maxima one is very solid (feels like there's more buffer time) compared to this which I can only describe as froth causing lol

Out of curiosity, are you able to pull this off with regularity?
Joe's trial 5 & 10 use it.

If it was consistent for me I would love it.

BioBooster

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 23, 2012, 06:00:59 PM »
Alright I'm up to like 15% success which is abysmal.

Yo, see how well you get tnt> finish> screw upper consistently so you can feel this pain

cuz sharing is caring ;)

The Fluke

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 26, 2012, 08:42:23 AM »
I've tried trial 5 with Joe and just realized that it was way more effort than i wanted to put into one combo at the time hehe.. I went on and learned different stuff instead, maybe it is time to revisit that it.

ponderingsloth

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 27, 2012, 10:14:21 PM »
I'm brand new to KOF but am loving these insanely hard trial combos!  I've done 1-9 but 10 is giving me fits because I can't seem to figure out how to get the qcfx2 after the TnT finish to juggle high enough to allow the next Tnt xx finish xx qcfX2 PP to combo.  The demo shows the first desperation move hitting again after the dummy pops high off the top of the screen, but even though I can consistenly get the desperation to hit and the combo to connect, mine never does that extra hit after the juggle. 

I've tried everything I can think of, from delaying the earlier hits of the combo to delaying the finish, and can always get it to connect but never get that extra hit.  Any ideas, Higashi gurus?  Thanks in advance.