Author Topic: Joe Higashi (Console)  (Read 89462 times)

nilcam

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • PSN: nilcam
    • View Profile
Joe Higashi (Console)
« on: December 06, 2011, 05:15:19 AM »

Notation
;a = Light Punch
;b = Light Kick
;c = Strong Punch
;d = Strong Kick

* = EX version possible

Throw
Sou Hiza Jigoku - ;bk / ;fd +  ;c / ;d

Command Normals
Step In Middle Kick - ;fd +  ;b

Slide - ;df +  ;b

Special Moves
Hurricane Upper - ;hcf +  ;a / ;c *

Tiger Kick - ;dp +  ;b / ;d *

Thrust Kick - ;hcf + ;b / ;d *

Babusken - ;a / ;c (rapidly) *
  ∟ Follow up - ;qcb + ;a / ;c

Golden Heel - ;qcb + ;b / ;d *

Desperation Moves
Screw Upper - ;qcf x 2 + ;a / ;c *

Hurricane Tiger Heel - ;qcf, ;hcb + ;a / ;c

Neomax
Screw Straight - ;qcf x 2 + ;b ;d

Joe's Wiki entry.

Console changes:
* Ex Screw Upper (qcf x2+P) will stay in position when it hits. With this change, Joe can’t be punished afterwards when he hits the opponent with it in the corner.
* Sliding can be canceled with his Bakuretsuken (rapid P). But not with any other specials.
* Hit detection will remain on the opponent after his sliding hits. Again, it can’t be canceled with anything but his Bakuretsuken, but he can go into HD mode from the slide.
* Slash Kick (hcf K) can be drive canceled.
- EX Tiger Kick (Ex dp+K) comes out faster. Has strong invincibility in the front.
- Screw Straight (qcf x2+K) comes out faster. It has no invincibility and it has the same shot limit as projectiles. (Probably means that you can’t do it while there’s another projectile on the screen.)

Producer Yamamoto says: He can actually juggle other attacks aside from his Bakuretsuken after his slide so please try them from going into HD mode from his slide and whatnot. Also, his EX Screw Upper has been changed so you can use it in the corner without worrying. He does things a bit differently on a Max Cancel too.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2011, 03:44:35 PM by nilcam »

nilcam

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: Joe Higashi (Console)
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2011, 05:15:30 AM »
Reserved
« Last Edit: December 06, 2011, 07:22:27 PM by nilcam »

nilcam

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2011, 05:15:45 AM »
Reserved
« Last Edit: December 06, 2011, 07:22:36 PM by nilcam »

The Fluke

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2011, 12:24:14 AM »
Invincibility seems to work the same on both Joes heavy and EX tiger kick. He seems to be invulnerable through most of his body and can move through projectiles etc with both but can be stuffed by high jumpin attacks. Invincibility seems to work best during the crouch before he leaps and then "gradually" go away.

While in HD mode his slide can be canceled into any special move.

thec0re3

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
    • Fighting Games Online
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2011, 08:18:43 PM »
Invincibility seems to work the same on both Joes heavy and EX tiger kick. He seems to be invulnerable through most of his body and can move through projectiles etc with both but can be stuffed by high jumpin attacks. Invincibility seems to work best during the crouch before he leaps and then "gradually" go away.

While in HD mode his slide can be canceled into any special move.

I will have to give those a try. Thanks for the info

BioBooster

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
  • PSN: BioBoosterUnit
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2011, 01:15:45 AM »
@nilcam, could I assist in building out the Joe wiki?

I'd like to begin by adding content for his specials/supers.

Thx

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2011, 01:39:51 AM »
Would it be fair to say that Joe is mostly a zoning character and Hwai is a rush down character?
Team: Billy, Clark, Hwa.

BioBooster

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2011, 04:00:07 AM »
I would say that Joe is capable of a bit of zoning, but lacks some of the tools to excel at it such as a fast invincible dp (S tiger kick is slow and EX, while damaging costs meter) and good AA normals to sustain zoning play.

From mid range though it's good to pressure with W hurricanes followed by slash kicks or heels to pick up rolls and jumps. A nice console change that I do notice is that normal screw upper seems to come out significantly faster so, it's much more viable for AA on a read than before (reminiscent of Joe in previous games).

He's a pretty intense rush-pressure guy. One thing that is often overlooked is his s.A which hits CROUCHING opponents and can be linked into f.B for combo'ing. An excellent weapon, also provides the best ranged normal attacks outside of a straight f.B which is highly punishable on whiff.

This guy's easily a rushdown chr.

The Fluke

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2011, 08:09:34 AM »
I agree with biobooster. Joes only good normal anti airs are actually the same tools just about everyone has, stand jabs and standing hard punch. Stand C works ok especially for its active frames but it is a bit slower than either version of s.D and seems to have a lower hitbox thus making it pretty unsafe against anything but very delayed jumpin attacks.

His EX hurricane upper is fantastic as each projectile can eat an EX projectile by itself (atleast against most of the cast) making him trumpf other characters but since it is an EX it is really more for scaring the opponent than anything else.

Screw Upper is faster than xii atleast and i assume xiii arcade aswell. It is also relatively safe, and by that i mean that it is safe compared to the EX version and that you should be pretty safe unless the opponent has a quick decent range combo starter. I have never been punished for it in a match though i don't throw it out often either so that explains that. I have actually thrown it out for chip and won by following it with a C tiger kick hehe, but that doesn't mean that it isn't punishable, just that i play like an ass. Worth testing exactly how safe/unsafe it is.

Joes sweep has a surprisingly short range and is in and of itself unsafe but can be canceled into either slide and depending on spacing become safe or medium kick into special. His s.C interestingly enough can be used for an effect very similar to kara-cancelling because he takes a pretty long step forward pretty much instantly so you can just whiff cancel that into a medium kick and take another big step forward for some pretty good reach. Negative is ofcourse that you really don't want to whiff the medium kick.

BioBooster

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2011, 09:02:09 AM »
Hey very nice notes mr. fluke. I in turn agree everything you have.

I forgot to mention the EX hurricane properties you have - adding on detail, in addition to each EX hurricane negating ex fbs which you mention, each hurricane will go completely through normal fbs negating them as well. Pretty good EX move.

I hate his s.D which has no range. I catch myself using this from too far away and whiffing - habit from older KOFs.
If you're close enough to hit with s.D, should be using s.A>f.B which is longer and faster...

Something random. Getting close as possible(roll into corner when opponent is getting up there) and having opponent block TnT punch to the fullest then use finisher for safety, it's possible to chip the opponent for something like 100dmg D-:

The Fluke

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2011, 10:21:02 AM »
I hate his s.D which has no range. I catch myself using this from too far away and whiffing - habit from older KOFs.
If you're close enough to hit with s.D, should be using s.A>f.B which is longer and faster...

I like s.D but mainly because it is a good meaty on wakeups, especially in the corner where you can go from light hurricane upper to EX TnT. Otherwise i generally use light strings for hitconfirms and hard punch for anti air.

Something random. Getting close as possible(roll into corner when opponent is getting up there) and having opponent block TnT punch to the fullest then use finisher for safety, it's possible to chip the opponent for something like 100dmg D-:

That is pretty nasty though i assume that it won't do that much damage if you go for it off of c.B s.A df.b TnT? Would be pretty nasty seeing how that string could easily lead into a pretty decent corner combo aswell if it actually hits.

BioBooster

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2011, 10:51:17 AM »
Wish my playstyle was such that I could make better use of s.D - damn you whiffs!! I see why you would use it for meaties > so it's got long attack frames... interesting.

On block, I doubt c.B s.A df.b TnT would have you in range to do much chip, but could be great for confirming into HD off of a hit in the corner.

So, df.B should still be considered low on cancel, then you can theoretically hcf.BC to bypass into slash kick, which is cancellable towards the end (be sure not to land or you'll be too late) into tiger kick > heel > tiger kick >...

Dude, I will try this when I get home.

jay

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2011, 10:01:49 PM »
I have been messing with the hcf+BC bypass from fwd+B. It seems like you have to delay it a little or you will get the HD dash animation. Why does slash kick come out instead of a hurricane punch? I am wondering because in SF, a harder a stronger attack button always had priority over a lower attack button.

BioBooster

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 13, 2011, 06:35:50 AM »
Hi Jay, I have a feeling that slash kick is arranged for when using this method - just my guess. I thought I had gotten hurricane on one occaision, but could be my mind playing tricks on me.

BTW, when you do f.B > slash kick BC, try holding down BC - should work like a charm.

FlyMike

• New Challenger
  • Meatball Sub
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #14 on: December 13, 2011, 07:01:39 PM »
So the best natural on reaction AA for jump-ins is St. C(hops is def St. A)? I thought it to be St.D for some reason. I've even resorted to hop-back j. A sometimes.

Also, has anyone had success using either version of Tiger Knee as a reversal? EX is the best because it combines the best of both, but that's one whole stock. Besides EX, why would I use either version in open ground? B is faster but not invulnerable, C is mad slow, but invulnerable. So when using the two I either get bad trades or simply ate up. Largely because they made it so......horizontal instead of angling. In that way, it's almost like just having another Slash Kick. And it's not a good AA at all unless they're really low and you did quicker B version and just praying that you don't get beat out.

Right now I'm just sticking to using this move in combos because I've had bad luck trying to apply it elsewhere. Even when just straightforward zoning with hurricanes, I've caught more jumps with Slash Kick than Tiger Knee.
Pimp hand, give me strength...