Author Topic: Joe Higashi (Console)  (Read 89471 times)

vegta12

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
Re: Joe Higashi (Console)
« Reply #45 on: February 15, 2012, 08:00:05 PM »
heys guys whats the trick for  D, F+B , Hurricane Upper.  When i do this my F+B ends up pushing me too far to connect the hurricane

The Fluke

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 15, 2012, 10:07:31 PM »
heys guys whats the trick for  D, F+B , Hurricane Upper.  When i do this my F+B ends up pushing me too far to connect the hurricane

Just delay the forward B and it will link properly. Lots of active frames on Joe's stand D, wich also means that it is a good meaty attack and that you have some extra time to hitconfirm. You can also link A hurricane after doing s.A, f.B upclose in the corner if you want to use the basic idea of the combo but want a different way to start it.

The Fluke

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 24, 2012, 06:12:12 PM »
I've tested some stuff with Joe's stand C+D. It apparently doesn't extend his low hitable box so it can be used as a counter to sweeps and low aimed normals like specifically Ryo's stand D. Spaced correctly wich is a bit outside the range where you will walk into (because Joe's C+D moves you forward) Ryo's stand D you will allways beat it clean and can relatively safely cancel your C+D into for example A hurricane without worrying about some of his options atleast. It is also possible to whiff punish Ryos A ko'oukens with C+D and though you have to be quick about it, it is possible on reaction. It may well be relevant against for example Kyo and Goros fs.B and s.B respectively aswell so it's worth further testing.

It is regardless probably joe's best ranged poke and even serves as a valid anti air option imo so finding out exactly how good it is could be usefull.

+Further testing has shown that most characters, excluding Joe (not Hwa for some reason) and Goro and possibly some other poor characters (dunno who that would be yet, if any) have too good reach on their sweeps and will either trade or just beat Joe's stand C+D depending on spacing and timing ofc. It does however work wonder against most other crouching normals it seems. Against Raiden atleast it beat c.A c.B and c.C for free even though with c.C Raiden's arm clearly stretches out through Joe's leg.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2012, 07:26:00 PM by The Fluke »

BioBooster

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
  • PSN: BioBoosterUnit
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 25, 2012, 08:15:00 AM »
Great to know that. I use Joe's s.CD pretty often. Mostly to kara cancel which works great too.

Another good poke to use sparingly is f.B if you sure it will at least be blocked, you will want to cancel it though.

The Fluke

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 25, 2012, 10:59:37 AM »
Another good poke to use sparingly is f.B if you sure it will at least be blocked, you will want to cancel it though.

I do use it off of a whiffed s.D in order to get that extra range at the cost of a longer startup. On the plus side, the "startup" will then obviously be a poke of it's own so to say and it will only be a bonus if the s.D part actually hits aswell. Slightly different than just a f.B but just the same a pretty unsafe option, still a good/fun option to have.

Diavle

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 06, 2012, 05:05:22 AM »
Don't know if this has been mentioned but found something extremely useful today while messing in practice.

Turns out that Joe's df+B slide is basically built for HD bypassing. The best part? You can actually visually hit confirm that the slide hit and still have a ton of time to bypass into whatever you want:

- straight into neomax
- into slash kick [max cancel] neomax
- into slash kick >continue into HD combo of choice

Just try it, the window to bypass after hitting with the slide is huge.

So essentially if you have HD and 2 bars you are guaranteed at least 50% damage off of any slide (be it raw or in the midst of a combo), easy to do and easy to hit confirm. If you want more damage you can obviously go into a full HD combo easy. What I like about going into neomax is the easy damage and it works anywhere on the screen (like Saiki's cB cB, QCB+B [bypass] neomax combo)
« Last Edit: March 06, 2012, 05:15:13 AM by Diavle »

Amedø310

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 06, 2012, 05:13:32 AM »
Don't know if this has been mentioned but found something extremely useful today while messing in practice.

Turns out that Joe's df+B slide is basically built for HD bypassing. The best part? You can actually visually hit confirm that the slide hit and still have a ton of time to bypass into whatever you want:

- straight into neomax
- into slash kick [max cancel] neomax
- into slash kick >continue into HD combo of choice

Just try it, the window to bypass after hitting with the slide is huge.

So essentially if you have HD and 2 bars you are guaranteed at least 50% damage off of any slide (be it random or in the midst of a combo), easy to do and easy to hit confirm. If you want more damage you can obviously go into a full HD combo easy. What I like about going into neomax is the easy damage and it works anywhere on the screen (like Saiki's cB cB, QCB+B [bypass] neomax combo).

Some HD combos from df+B are up on the combo thread.

Diavle

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 06, 2012, 05:17:05 AM »
Some HD combos from df+B are up on the combo thread.

And?

My post wasn't about HD combos off of the slide it was about how huge the window to bypass after a slide is. You can wait to see if any of your slides hit and still have more than enough time to bypass into whatever you want for big damage.

BioBooster

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 06, 2012, 08:24:39 AM »
^yeah that's definitely useful to note. Will see about incorporating that into my game if it makes sense with what I'm already doing. Reason I dismissed it is bc, d.B, s.A, f.B [HD] was my standard low confirm start. Maybe this will come in handy for me from further away.

Diavle

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 12, 2012, 03:34:14 PM »
Here's some inspiration for you Joe players, Bala style:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=hv80GmF8I-c#t=410s

^yeah that's definitely useful to note. Will see about incorporating that into my game if it makes sense with what I'm already doing. Reason I dismissed it is bc, d.B, s.A, f.B [HD] was my standard low confirm start. Maybe this will come in handy for me from further away.

I can confirm this works in real match situations. I hit the guy with a raw slide, visually confirmed the successful hit and then went straight into HD.

Unfortunately I was so happy it worked that I forgot my HD combo and dropped it.

thec0re3

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
    • Fighting Games Online
« Reply #55 on: March 12, 2012, 11:07:50 PM »
Nice post crazy Bala is good with so many characters O.O!!  Anyways around about the 10:00 minute mark they point out that he did a frame trap. I've been trying to understand how frame traps work. Was the frame trap crouching b into stand c or was it jump D, crouch b, into stand c?

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
  • Even in the Darkness, Light Shines Through
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 12, 2012, 11:23:07 PM »
Frame Traps are basically intentionally using a move on block then following up with your quickest normal attempting to catch any buttons the opponent pressed in the gap.

Example, you do a normal that is -1 on block.  You then follow up after recovery with a 3 frame normal.  That will leave a 2 frame gap to which you will beat out a lot of normals if they're pressed in the meantime.  You can also use specials and such in the same way, though it tends to be riskier.

I don't know Joe's frame data, but cr.B into cl.C is a basic frame trap a lot of characters have in XIII it seems.  Some are more effective than others.
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

The Fluke

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 13, 2012, 07:48:58 AM »
the frametrap in that vid would have to be c.B walkup s.C, but i don't think that should be considered a frametrap as there is a fair deal of time inbetween and i'm quite sure the other player could have poked out.

BioBooster

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 14, 2012, 05:19:06 PM »
I can confirm this works in real match situations. I hit the guy with a raw slide, visually confirmed the successful hit and then went straight into HD.

Hey man,

Got around to messing with it a bit today. So I tried df.B from midscreen into HDB slash kick thinking I would DC into EX slash and take them into the corner like I normally do with standard s.C, f.B, [HD], s.C, f.B, hcf+B, [DC] hcf+BD.

So after the HDB when I went to DC into EX slash, it would consistently make Joe do heel in the opposite direction when he was never even close to being on the opposite side of the opponent! D-:
Crazed bug.

So to work it into my regular gameplay, I'll probably reserve it for those cases where I really want to HD, but am too far from the corner. Will probably do (various starts), f.B, [HD]s.C, df.B, and loop {hcf+D, dp+B, [DC]hcf+D, dp+B....}
^That's the one metaphysics was doing on that UCI combo contest where hcf+D travels to the opposite side of the opponent each time.

Sharnt

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 14, 2012, 06:27:38 PM »
Did you try to wait the recover of the move before DC? (like terry qcb.P, when he slide on the ground he's still recovering and it's DCable).
Follow me on Twitter for a lot of stuff on KoF XIII :
https://twitter.com/SharntGroMuzo