Author Topic: Joe Higashi (Console)  (Read 89456 times)

BioBooster

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
  • PSN: BioBoosterUnit
    • View Profile
Re: Joe Higashi (Console)
« Reply #60 on: March 15, 2012, 01:19:18 AM »
Sorry, should've been clearer. I ran into that bug when doing the slide from far away and bypassed into HD mode with hcf+BC which you have to do before the move recovers. Or if you mean recovery of slash kick, you have to DC into EX slash kick before slash kick recovers if you hope to juggle. Works normally all the time if you don't bypass out of slide.

Anyways, the 2nd usage case I posted seems to work ok, just have to be sure you give auto-dash enough time to get close or you'll be too far to get onto the other side of the opponent with strong slash kick. I'll tinker around a bit more and see how useful it'll be for me at those awkward screen positions where I normally wouldn't be able to carry the opponent to the corner since Joe has no real coast to coast tools. (there is one in trials, but that's retarded on meter usage).

I think the real benefit for what I'm trying to do could be had if I did the direction change juggle only once. Say Joe's in the corner, you could start an HD off of confirm, slide, strong slash, DC tiger, DC weak slash (so as not to go back to other side of opponent), DC EX slash (carry opponent into corner and juggle), commence tiger~heel loop as usual.

Diavle, props for the idea - if my plan works this will make Joe pretty damn good in some situations fighting out of the corner.

Diavle

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 15, 2012, 11:54:13 AM »
Ah, I see what you mean. Yeah its definitely a bug it looks like, if you do the HCB+D instead then Joe will do the ex slash but in the opposite direction of the opponent. Seems the system gets confused on directions since you can input to either side. If you dp+K then Joe does the tiger knee proper but if you rdp then he does it in the opposite direction.

So in the alternative you can just HDB into the EX heel after the slide instead of the ex slash kick. After the ex heel you can raw juggle with the B slash kick and then go into the usual hd loop. The combination of ex heel and slash kick provide great corner carry.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2012, 02:53:14 PM by Diavle »

vegta12

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 27, 2012, 12:32:02 AM »
anyone got tips on learning the stun combo? how do yall put in the machine gun upper move and maybe the timing?

The Fluke

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 19, 2012, 05:31:11 PM »
anyone got tips on learning the stun combo? how do yall put in the machine gun upper move and maybe the timing?

I've just learned the combo myself so i'd first of all recommend splitting the combo up so you can use it as a bnb. Just do the combo up untill the first drive cancel and end with a reset j.D instead and you've got an efficient combo.
I do the rapid punches by quickly inputing 3xc, qcb+c (shouldn't matter wich punch you use, it's just a matter of preference for me). You shouldn't mash because you will wear yourself out, controlled motions give better results in and outside of the game. By using a simplified version of the combo you will have a good option that helps you practice during games aswell as in practice mode, and when it gets comfortable you should probably find that you will naturally start figuring out the timing and feel of the rest of the combo.

This is how i went about learning it, i hope to start using it in games after my next training mode session since i'm a bit clumsy with it atm, especially from the player 2 side for some reason, but it shouldn't be too hard to fix.

BioBooster

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 20, 2012, 08:46:18 AM »
Very nice!

Can you list out the one that you are doing?

I've seen a number variations on ways to get stun with Joe (had some notes somewhere), and had put it off for a while in favor of trying not to build up opponent meter. These days, have more or less naturally started to incorporate quite a few of the parts for normal combos so figured I may as well explore a bit more.

The Fluke

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 20, 2012, 03:18:24 PM »
I do one very similar to what i've seen bala do; c.B , s.A , f.B , hcf+B+D , srk+B , 3xC qcb+C (tnt) dc qcb+D , tnt , srk+B , tnt dc qcb+B+D , qcb+B , tnt , srk+B , tnt , tnt (bounce opponent once on rapid punches then uppercut , full jump D = stun.

From a jump in D, s.C, f.B starter you don't need to do the extended tnt punches at the end and can end it slightly more comfortably. Also, bala does the EX golden heel earlier in the combo than i do atm, and that should yield better damage, i do it like this because it feels comfortable to me atm.

BioBooster

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 20, 2012, 10:23:55 PM »
Thanks for putting it up - think I'll follow suite. I'm going to look for my notes as well, bc I saw another one that looked pretty reasonable in case peeps are interested.

LAB Falken

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 22, 2012, 05:34:57 AM »
I'm working on the dizzy combo as well, this one in particular

KOFXIII: Joe (Midscreen, 0.8 Stock, 78% Drive)

I have found double tapping the TNTs and buffering  ;dn ;db ;bk between the doubletaps really helps with clean inputs, so inputs look like this with display on

;c
 ;c
 ;bk
 ;db
 ;dn
 ;c
 ;c

I get the perfect TNT every time due to this.

However I am having a hard time understanding the juggle count at the end (after burning both drive bars and using TNT for a couple hits then jump  ;d for dizzy). Sometimes I'll get the TNT to hit, sometimes it wont, sometimes I'll get one hit but not 2 before the 214 and be unable to jump D, sometimes I'll get it all, but it's hard to figure out WHY exactly.

I was thinking maybe it has something to do with how many hits of TNT they get hit by at the end, but it's not easy to test so if anyone has come across this issue before please share some information as I am so close to getting this dependably every time.

EDIT: My problem was I was not mashing out TNT fast enough at the end (for the final part, doubletapping disrupted my rhythm!), I'm now hitting this combo with ~75% accuracy. Still working on getting a clean launch after the 2nd hit of TNT, but at that point it's a reset to stun anyways so dropping it isn't the worst thing on the planet.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2012, 01:34:46 AM by LAB Falken »

BioBooster

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 23, 2012, 03:05:11 AM »
Interesting input method, I shall give that a try.

And found that compilation of Joe stun death by Haregoro himself.
(5m 35s mark)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5rfoVw2t_fc&#t=5m35s
« Last Edit: April 23, 2012, 03:08:29 AM by BioBooster »

LAB Falken

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 23, 2012, 05:38:09 AM »
Thanks for sharing! I love seeing creative Leona combos.

Sharnt

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 23, 2012, 09:49:10 AM »
Be careful it's arcade version combo.
Follow me on Twitter for a lot of stuff on KoF XIII :
https://twitter.com/SharntGroMuzo

BioBooster

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 24, 2012, 03:10:45 PM »
Yeah that's a good caveat. Should be interesting to see if all of that still works although it stands a chance to...

Reminds me, Haregoro was on a KCE vid for testing out Joe (the one at the bottom of the wiki). Him and Dune were discussing console changes. They were talking about Joe doing a little less stun on some move, but more elsewhere - they basically laughed at the change as Joe could stun pretty easily anyways.

Diavle

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 03, 2012, 02:47:18 PM »
Interesting input method, I shall give that a try.

And found that compilation of Joe stun death by Haregoro himself.
(5m 35s mark)

And this is why I never play as white tiger shorts Joe, just not worthy.

What he does is definitely a lot more execution heavy than Bala. Its also interesting to note that he is the only Joe player who incorporates mash punches as part of his ground chains for combos (since the initial punches have near instant recovery and you can link normals/supers after them). He does them in actual matches, not just combo videos. Those recent console matches Dune posted with him were simply awesome, still the most unique and fun Joe to watch imo.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2012, 02:51:52 PM by Diavle »

BioBooster

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 04, 2012, 01:41:07 AM »
Definitely agree with that. His meta game is extremely fun to watch. Very unpredictable and does quite well breaking down guard where Joe is classically a chr with few options for doing that.

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 05, 2012, 06:22:30 PM »
What is the Joe vs Beni matchup like?
« Last Edit: May 06, 2012, 01:17:49 AM by LouisCipher »
Team: Billy, Clark, Hwa.