Author Topic: Joe Higashi (Console)  (Read 89489 times)

raisedbyfinches

• Rising Dragon
  • my heart beats in blast beats
    • View Profile
Re: Joe Higashi (Console)
« Reply #135 on: December 17, 2012, 10:34:39 AM »
I can't for the life of me get the mash kara that works with pretty much all the other characters with mash buttons to work with Joe.

Billy, Clark etc. can all cancel the normals that don't cancel into anything but mash punches into other things by canceling the mash buttons before they come out.

E.g. Billy can do 5c 4a 623BD like this, clark can kara his turn punch by doing mash as a drive cancel and it gives better juggle.

Can someone with a bit more dexterity than me please check that Joe truly can't do it with his.
That will be a sad day. Hopefully I just need better fingers...
« Last Edit: December 17, 2012, 11:27:57 PM by raisedbyfinches »

The Fluke

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: December 17, 2012, 12:15:19 PM »
far s.C can be cancelled into rapid punches on hit, block or whiff if that's what you're thinking of.

raisedbyfinches

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: December 17, 2012, 04:43:35 PM »
That's not what I mean. I know it can be. The other characters can cancel their mash button moves for free before they come out. Making noncancellable moves magically cancellable.

Example if it worked:
Far s.C (baku kara) hcf.B
You would be cancelling the far C into the only buttons it cancels into but cancelling that before it comes out. This is exactly how it works for the characters I mentioned above.

The Fluke

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: December 18, 2012, 12:11:56 AM »
Can't tell, i can't even get it to work with ralf though, i'm inputing far s.D 3xC qcf.C and get rapid punches that drive cancel into the explody punch. Dunno how this is supposed to be done.

I get it to work with billy though. Easy with him, works off of b.A and d.A. Might have something to do with the speed of the rapid punches, Joe's are really fast after all, they might just be too fast.

raisedbyfinches

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: December 18, 2012, 12:13:11 AM »
Yeah, my bad, doesn't work with Ralf.

Billy and Clark work.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2012, 12:15:28 AM by raisedbyfinches »

Sir Octopus (Saiki)

• Mod Team
  • Strongest Tiger
  • Think outside the box
    • View Profile
    • My combo videos
« Reply #140 on: December 18, 2012, 09:16:26 AM »
i've tried with all 4 characters and have pulled it off with only Clark and Billy. As for Ralf and Joe I haven't been able to do it even once.

raisedbyfinches

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: December 18, 2012, 11:31:11 AM »
Then I guess stun off any button except sweep will remain a dream >_<
Far s.C was the right distance to get baku after the slash kick too. Ah well.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2012, 12:46:28 AM by raisedbyfinches »

Sir Octopus (Saiki)

• Mod Team
  • Strongest Tiger
  • Think outside the box
    • View Profile
    • My combo videos
« Reply #142 on: December 18, 2012, 11:52:04 AM »
what ya have in mind? maybe we can woek around it.

raisedbyfinches

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: December 18, 2012, 12:32:00 PM »
Nah it was just far s.C hcf.B, TnT or df.b hcf.b - both would be great but if they can't be done then I'll just take TnT off them.

Diavle

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: December 18, 2012, 12:50:21 PM »
Why not just use far D? It has the same range as far C and is special cancelable.

raisedbyfinches

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: December 18, 2012, 01:51:33 PM »
Different speeds and hitboxes. Having different gaps in all your frame traps is kinda beneficial.

Say you anti-air with 5c, being able to kara into slash kick to be able to be point blank against their recovering or kara into hurricane for lockdown. There are plenty of reasons it'd be boom.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2012, 01:57:03 PM by raisedbyfinches »

Diavle

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: December 18, 2012, 02:56:56 PM »
Different speeds and hitboxes. Having different gaps in all your frame traps is kinda beneficial.

Say you anti-air with 5c, being able to kara into slash kick to be able to be point blank against their recovering or kara into hurricane for lockdown. There are plenty of reasons it'd be boom.

Sounds pointless.

For the purposes you mentioned earlier (comboing from further range), far D will suffice.

For anti-air into special mix up, sA does exactly what you want.

raisedbyfinches

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: December 18, 2012, 02:59:57 PM »
Different gaps in frame traps certainly is not pointless.

Having a better damage version of an anti-air I already use to retain pressure is also not pointless.

But its all moot because its not kara-cancellable anyway.

Diavle

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: December 20, 2012, 03:04:08 PM »
A well-spaced Golden Heel can be safe on block, but it's still fairly safe except for command throws. You can use D Golden Heel to apply pressure, but it's always best to space it and be at a distance to keep applying pressure than to forfeit pressure completely at the end of a special. NOTE: The opponent must be blocking. Df+B is special cancellable so you can do it from that.

Noticed it says the above in the wiki, that's false. Joe can't cancel his slide into anything but Bakuretsuken outside of HD.

The Fluke

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: December 20, 2012, 03:34:19 PM »
Yeah, i've thought of that first statement aswell, that golden heel is safe. The D version is just barely negative on block, but as far as spacing i think the only thing you can do to compensate for that is space so that you hit with the very edge of it so you don't land right smack next to your opponent. The B version is allways bad on block, but hopefully the opponent isn't confident enough to hit you with a far normal and risk cancelling.

I really don't find golden heel to be a very good move outside of combos unless you have some setup or really expect the opponent to jump. Not that it's terrible or anything but it's no crack shot.