Author Topic: Joe Higashi (Console)  (Read 89492 times)

raisedbyfinches

• Rising Dragon
  • my heart beats in blast beats
    • View Profile
Re: Joe Higashi (Console)
« Reply #165 on: January 15, 2013, 11:48:50 PM »
You can cancel it into anything in HD mode.

My 3 bar HD combo I posted with the hurricane in it is more damaging than the 3 bar combo in that video too. I think doing it as 2 bars (do up to the hurricane, instead of super cancelling it into screw upper you like a dp.b and max cancel that, and there is a meterless version too drive cancelling this dp into d golden heel).

raisedbyfinches

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: January 23, 2013, 09:14:57 PM »
Hilarious Joe corner combo.
First you space yourself from your opponent by doing, for example, c.b c.b s.a
then you fish for a counterhit s.CD

s.CD hcf.a hcf.a hcf.a hcf.b baku baku j.D

where the bakus at the end are the standard where the first is just finisher then the second juggles then is finisher.

Oh, it does 450+ damage. For 0 cost.

I've been working on this for a couple of weeks then saw it in this video: http://youtu.be/aeyrtbXUMxw :(
Still, so long as people see I do not care who shows the world first!

The Fluke

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: January 23, 2013, 10:35:04 PM »
Ah, very similar to a mai corner combo we where discussing some time back. Very good, i like joe's C+D so i guess i should spend some time to try and get a feel for this. I haven't managed to get more than two hcf.A's after a counter-hit C+D yet, but it seems to be both spacing and timing dependant so i've probably just been a bit off.

raisedbyfinches

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: January 23, 2013, 10:59:27 PM »
Use the spacing I suggested and you'll get it - three lights.
The key is to stick the CD out before you've finished sliding back so that it actually connects. Then the 3 hurricane uppers are pretty much guaranteed.

At the point of the the last hit of the heel off the drive cancel your opponent has less than the 83 stun that a full stun combo from that point on does. Iirc they have about 60 so you will need another drive to do the job and they should drop to stun at the baku after the dp. This is rough but about right (assuming they have full stun points at the point of hit).

I'm going to make a new, more advanced, Joe video to go with my basics one soon. It'll have 50% guard strings, safe jumps and option selects in it. As well as some pretty cool, situational, combos like this one - which is why its not in the basics. Expect that in the next few weeks!

The Fluke

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: January 26, 2013, 10:43:19 AM »
I've tested the C+D projectile thing and it is quite easy to use, by only using two projectiles it makes the combo possible from different ranges so this is going right into my repertoire.

By the way, i recently tested out the qcb.B crossup again and found that it is actually a better mixup than i used to think. qcb.B is barely negative on crouch block, and seems to actually be neutral on crouch hit wich is what you will get if it crosses up. After crossing up, Joe is in a so so situation because his normals feel a tiny bit slower than some other characters, but it's basically like using a well spaced slash kick on block.

bigvador

• Scion of Flame
  • YOU CANT HELP ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: February 03, 2013, 04:45:51 AM »
i jus picked joe and my god iz he real fun 2 use but i feel he has more trouble 2 get inside unlike hwa and im not good with his projectiles any tips on getting inside

t3h mAsTarOth...!

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: February 03, 2013, 05:04:58 AM »
He can get in easier than Hwa actually... His space control is also way better than Hwa... His FBs are very good and setup a lot of frame traps... You have play around with them to get used to using them...
KOFXIII - Raiden, Billy, Mai, Karate, Kim, Ralf, Ryo, Robert

SC 1-5 - Astaroth

SaMsTarOth t3h mAsTarOth of AsTarOth...!

bigvador

• Scion of Flame
  • YOU CANT HELP ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: February 03, 2013, 08:21:40 AM »
at this point im used 2 hwa hopping forward on his CD but i have noticed that joe has a faster walkin speed... a huge difference 2 me also i find it hard 2 connect  ;fd ;b into A hurricane upper

im assuming u mean his thrust kick when controlling space and is hurricane upper

ummm whats FB  lol

The Fluke

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: February 03, 2013, 03:49:46 PM »
f.B hcf.A only combos when you are really close to the opponent. Joe's j/h.CD is great, i use it alot to just take up space.

bigvador

• Scion of Flame
  • YOU CANT HELP ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: February 04, 2013, 05:03:53 AM »
i swear im startin 2 hate these hcf hcb motions its killin me

t3h mAsTarOth...!

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: February 04, 2013, 04:48:47 PM »
FB = fireball... Ya Joe's slash kick is plus on block at max range... His mash punches are also plus on block... So controlling space with FBs and slash kicks and qcb+D is key... His j.C+D is the same as Hwa's...

Also a spaced s.C+D, hcf+B on block mid-screen is safe on block... Combos on counter hit... So you can do s.C+D, hcf+B, hcf+B, DC, EX DM for 500 damage... Near the corner you can turn this into possible stun combos...

SC 1-5 - Astaroth

The Fluke

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: February 04, 2013, 05:52:32 PM »
Takuma's j.C+D is supposedly 1 frame faster than mr.Karate's. Joe's normals are generally slower than Hwa's so i assume that it could be the case for j.C+D aswell. Oddly enough, Hwa's sweep has superior startup, reach and recovery to Joe's wich shows that a move that looks the same can be very different.

Combos off of s.C+D with Joe is sweet, i haven't tried anything out midscreen so i might try yours.

t3h mAsTarOth...!

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: February 05, 2013, 12:33:08 AM »

SC 1-5 - Astaroth

marchefelix

• Legendary Wolf
  • X A N A D U
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: February 28, 2013, 08:31:09 PM »
This should be of great help with Joe stun combos.

KOF XIII - Joe stun combo starters

raisedbyfinches

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: March 16, 2013, 07:52:27 PM »
Mastaroth: my joe 3 bar corner to corner HD (check my video up there ^) does more when you turn it into a 2 bar one. I've mentioned also the 2 bar variation (instead of hurricane upper xx screw upper you do hurricane upper, dp xx neomax).

Doesn't look as slick but gets more bang for your buck.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2013, 07:54:11 PM by raisedbyfinches »