Author Topic: Kim Kaphwan (Console)  (Read 61045 times)

Sharnt

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
Re: Kim Kaphwan (Console)
« Reply #45 on: August 07, 2012, 09:16:43 PM »
I don't know for you but me when under tournament pressure I have a hard time at doing hd combos, where I don't miss anything on casual games thus I prefer stick with simply ones to be sure to don't drop them.
Follow me on Twitter for a lot of stuff on KoF XIII :
https://twitter.com/SharntGroMuzo

desmond_kof

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • Practice everyday without neglect
    • View Profile
    • DesmondDELAGHETTO youtube page
« Reply #46 on: August 07, 2012, 11:35:21 PM »
I don't know for you but me when under tournament pressure I have a hard time at doing hd combos, where I don't miss anything on casual games thus I prefer stick with simply ones to be sure to don't drop them.

Yeah exactly...I tend to only play fancy and flashy in casuals. I have a list in my head of tournament combos and causal ones, cause when that adrenaline starts flowing I gotta make sure my combos are on point and deal enough damage.
"Do not place so much importance on winning. The fight itself has value."

choysauce

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Kim Kaphwan (Console)
« Reply #47 on: August 08, 2012, 12:53:37 AM »
Flashy is when it's unnecessary. Push yourselves to do the more optional combos even if they are tougher! Don't be scared

Sent from my R800x using Tapatalk 2

desmond_kof

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • Practice everyday without neglect
    • View Profile
    • DesmondDELAGHETTO youtube page
« Reply #48 on: August 08, 2012, 01:33:47 AM »
Optimal or optional?
"Do not place so much importance on winning. The fight itself has value."

bopper

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 08, 2012, 01:36:09 AM »
Im pretty sure he meant opitimal :D. And yeah he is right, i mean its around 180 dmg extra compared to his 2 bar combo. Thats a pretty big difference.

Sharnt

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 08, 2012, 01:58:00 AM »
If you miss the timing on the run it's 500 dmg less.

Just a matter of point of view.

Moreover, as a player of kim on point, it's very rare to have 3 Ex for a hd.

choysauce

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Re: Kim Kaphwan (Console)
« Reply #51 on: August 08, 2012, 09:20:09 AM »
Optimal or optional?

Lol yeah optimal, damn auto correct

Sent from my R800x using Tapatalk 2

Sharnt

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 11, 2012, 08:36:40 PM »
I'm opening a new world in my Kim gameplay by starting to use d.A~s.C frametraps, spacing whiff punishing with d.B,s.B and the godlike instant air hangetsuzan (qcb~b.D), 18 startup frame overhead which leads to a hard knockdown and neutral in guard (+0 !) if done at the perfection.

Seriously I learned only recently how to do it consistently (I had exec issues at doing this move accurately), and it's soooo good, avoid lows, start very fast for a move with this range (1/3 screen LOL), hits overhead, anti air, perfect safe jump afterward or cross up setup, a very nice gap closer ... and has a quite good surprise effect.

Mr.Minionman

• Mod Team
  • Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 16, 2012, 10:29:13 PM »
Hey, I've been practicing Kim for a couple days now, but I really can't seem to consistently get this string down: d.Bx3, s.B, ff+A, qcb+B (in air)

I can do the jump-ins fine, and I haven't had too much difficultly comboing after that point, but it's like my fingers flip out the moment the s.B hits and random inputs come out instead (or sometimes happen to come out) of the ff+A. Any tips that might make it easier? I'm mostly fine doing King's d.B, d.A, df D, qcf K. It seems to be just getting that one motion out so quickly that's killing me.

Also, is this right?: d.Bx3, d~u+D~down+D = 142 dmg 
I've only been able to get 2 d.B's in before the d~u+D~down+D, and that's been doing 173 dmg...

Sharnt

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 17, 2012, 12:26:41 AM »
Well you can try to train the ff.A input, try to do d.B,d.B,s.B,qcqcf.A, or f qcf.A.

Personally I'm doing the proper input but I have more than a year of XIII Kim now ...

If you want to play the char YOU MUST know how to do this combo, the knockdown is too good for not using it (it's near garanteed pressure on your opponent wake up).

bopper

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 17, 2012, 01:08:50 AM »
Try thinking of the combo as 2 segments (cr.B, cr.B and then st.B, f,f.A) and see if that helps. But yeah its his #1 bnb, must know so just keep grinding and you will get it :)

Mr.Minionman

• Mod Team
  • Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 17, 2012, 02:18:50 AM »
Alright, thanks for the response! I was thinking cr.B, cr.B st.B then the ff.A qcb.B, but breaking the lows from the st.B (did cr.As for a bit to transition the mindset) allowed me to start repeating the chain successfully. Now I just have to spam that a few hundred times, and on the left side as well and i should have it :)

And yeah, Kim will probably be the last character I drop, he's my favorite right now. Once I get this down, I think he'll be a really rewarding character to play. He's really in league with the characters I play in other fighters.

Sharnt

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 17, 2012, 02:11:21 PM »
Uh forgot it in my last post, but do the s.B only on confirm or at a really far range.
Since the move is -6 in guard, if you do d.B,d.B,s.B from close range some SDM can punish you (Kyo, Iori(s), Hwa ...)

bopper

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 17, 2012, 04:55:51 PM »
Yeah you should always try to end your hitconfirms with cr.A for +3 on block. Its easy to get lazy and just go cr.B cr.B cr.B tho :)

Tyrant292

• Scion of Flame
  • I have no regrets
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 30, 2012, 12:03:39 AM »
If you delay the last qcb.D a little you should get all 3 hits iirc. I think this is defenitly staple material. After practicing it for a bit i actually find it easier then his corner d~u.B DC qcb.D loops hehe since you do everything at a pretty slow pace. I might be able to cap it tomorrow along with some other stuff if people want a video reference.

EDIT: http://youtu.be/0M1286i3swE vid. You might be right, mabey you can only get 2 hits on the last qcbD. Didnt have time to test different timings when i capped. But im pretty sure i got 880 from cl.D so it should be possible ^^

THANKS BOPPER!!! that video helped me a lot. Guys dont get intimidated by this HD combo it's fairly easy and works everywhere with great damage.