Author Topic: Hwa Jai (Console)  (Read 88181 times)

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
Re: Hwa Jai (Console)
« Reply #165 on: June 13, 2012, 02:16:15 AM »
It seems like during Drunk Mode D Dragon Tail is gdlk.

http://www.mmcafe.com/nico.html#http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm18048198

You can see Tokido abuse it a lot.

BTW this set is THE HYPEST SHIT!!!
Team: Billy, Clark, Hwa.

t3h mAsTarOth...!

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: June 13, 2012, 03:47:04 PM »
Wow... Awesome matches... Romance's Yuri is just amazing... Those anti-airs to grabs are disgusting... Tokido's Hwa is also great... i'm stealing shit from him...
« Last Edit: June 14, 2012, 12:02:52 AM by t3h mAsTarOth...! »
KOFXIII - Raiden, Billy, Mai, Karate, Kim, Ralf, Ryo, Robert

SC 1-5 - Astaroth

SaMsTarOth t3h mAsTarOth of AsTarOth...!

t3h mAsTarOth...!

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: June 14, 2012, 12:01:16 AM »
Also j.D, qcb+B is STUPID... If it's blocked then you have advantage... If you time it properly then you can combo afterwards... Now what is really stupid is you can land it really high up where you can't combo afterwards BUT you can land and connect grab DM... You have enough time to react... Just buffer the DM motion and press A/C when you land... What's more STUPID is you can j.D and qcb+B soo late that if whiffs... This becomes SCARY cause you can do j.D early/late and time your qcb+B so that it whiffs... And you can almost instantly grab DM...!!!

Also slide from near max distance is + on block... And max distance sweep to slide will whiff and you cancel grab DM right aftter...
« Last Edit: June 18, 2012, 01:06:34 PM by t3h mAsTarOth...! »

SC 1-5 - Astaroth

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: June 18, 2012, 07:54:33 AM »
Got a question regarding Drunk Combos:

Saw this a lot at CEO. Hwa catches them, does qcb+B x3, they're in the corner, qcf+A (I think), then a D SRK, and then more qcb+B without using a Drive Cancel? What is this combo and how do you do it?

Edit: Also holy shit. I've experimenting with D Dragon Tail and holy fuck this is so good. Good pressure, and you can combo into anything even Grab Super. Holy shit. I've never used it because it seemed unsafe and you were free to get air-juggled. The spacing is a little finnicky but easy to get down with practice. I swear I saw Romance and Mago using D Dragon Tail sober and able to get away with it.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2012, 08:07:33 AM by LouisCipher »

t3h mAsTarOth...!

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: June 18, 2012, 01:05:27 PM »
Had an awesome session with Matt yesterday... Hwa is soo broken... lol...

@LouisCipher - qcb+D without any drink is UNSAFE if they stand guard it... If they crouch guard it then you are at plus frames... If it connects on a crouching opponent then you can grab DM...

While drunk qcb+D is dumb... It's plus on block no matter what... If it connects then you can ALWAYS grab DM afterwards... On block you can keep pressuring... If it connects air-air then OMFG...

SC 1-5 - Astaroth

Suiname

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: June 18, 2012, 05:53:19 PM »
Got a question regarding Drunk Combos:

Saw this a lot at CEO. Hwa catches them, does qcb+B x3, they're in the corner, qcf+A (I think), then a D SRK, and then more qcb+B without using a Drive Cancel? What is this combo and how do you do it?

Really?  I don't think this is possible.  As far as I know if you do qcb+b x 3 and juggle with qcf + A, the only think you can connect with afterwards is B DP or Super.  Do you have a stream and timestamp so we can see the combo you're talking about, or do you remember a specific match where it happened?

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: June 19, 2012, 01:46:43 AM »
Yeah I was messing around in training mode and Drunk Mode D Dragon Tail is really hard to combo off of if they're standing and it hits. If it hits them while crouching it's super easy to combo. But standing is another story.

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
  • Even in the Darkness, Light Shines Through
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: June 19, 2012, 01:56:57 AM »
Welcome to almost-Terry Bogard Crack Shoot syndrome.
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: June 19, 2012, 04:50:48 AM »
If the Crack Shoot was really good, yeah sure.

If Hwa does B Slide at about midrange and cancels into D Dragon Tail, what could he be punished with in-between the Slide and Dragon Tail? I'm going to assume EX SRK's and such but I can't figure out the timing.

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: June 19, 2012, 04:56:32 AM »
If the Crack Shoot was really good, yeah sure.

If Hwa does B Slide at about midrange and cancels into D Dragon Tail, what could he be punished with in-between the Slide and Dragon Tail? I'm going to assume EX SRK's and such but I can't figure out the timing.

I said almost.  Makes me kind of depressed...there's honestly no point in playing Terry with Hwa around, other than the fact that you can get accidental DPs from Hwa's slide.
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: June 19, 2012, 07:48:12 AM »
Okay so I got into training mode and recorded B Slide into (early) D Dragon tail and having him jump at the end of it with Hwa. And I had him fight against my Clark. These are my findings:

Non-Drunk

Distance Close: Cannot interrupt the Slide into Dragontail with an airgrab or a standing A. Possible to hit him with an EX.*EX Kyo and regular Kyo can interrupt with A SRK and EX SRK*. Blocking D Dragon Tail while standing and I can punish with command grab or any meaty. If I block it low I can punish him when he lands with command grab.

Distance mid-screen: Could interrupt the Slide into Dragontail with standing A sometimes the timing is very odd. *EX Kyo and regular Kyo can interrupt with A SRK and EX SRK* Could not interrupt with airgrab or EX Gatling (need to test this). Could punish him normally.

Drunk

Distance Close: Cannot interrupt the D Dragontail with standing A. *EX Kyo and regular Kyo can interrupt D Dragontail with A SRK and EX SRK but input has to be reversed I.E. reverse SRK motion* D Dragontail will cross you up if you block high or low. If you block the crossup high you can punish normally, the timing is a little tight though. Now, (this is important) if you block the crossup low, you cannot punish and Hwa ends up on the side he began whereas if you block the crossup high he ends up behind you. Easy to jump out inbetween the slide and Dragontail, not possible to airgrab Hwa.

Distance mid-screen: Not possible to interrupt the Dragontail with standing A or jump out. *EX Kyo and regular Kyo can interrupt D Dragontail with A SRK and EX SRK* What's interesting is that D Dragontail will not crossup. Blocking high the only way I can punish Hwa is with EX Grab. However if I block low I can punish with regular command grab. Unable to punish with anything else.

Hwa haters and lovers, this is something to keep in mind.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2012, 09:19:02 AM by LouisCipher »

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: June 19, 2012, 05:06:15 PM »
Hwa and Terry's D flip kick moves all are not real links. Any invincible DP, super, or the like will blow it open. The df+B slide into D Dragon Tail? You don't need an EX DP. Andy, Terry, Joe, Ryo, Mr. Karate, Yuri, Leona, EX Iori, Kyo, and anyone else that has an invincible DP can hit Hwa. The timing is right when the move becomes active (when the purple wave appears). You DP at the right time, you hit him out of it.

Terry has the same issue since it's not a real link. You want to force people to block low long enough to block it low if you want it to be a frame trap. I'm not sure if Hwa has a cancellable sweep, but that would help. Terry does have that so that encourages opponents to block low.

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: June 19, 2012, 05:40:37 PM »
Hwa's sweep is cancelable, but most people can easily react to D Dragon Tail to at least block it high.

t3h mAsTarOth...!

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: June 19, 2012, 07:17:07 PM »
I'm starting to not use dragon tails in block strings... Hwa can do 3 light normals and slide after and be completely safe... Another s.A after the slide will actually frame trap against a lot of characters... i'll only do qcb.B ender if i have no drive so i can stay close and pressure... This way if i suddenly do qcb.D the opponent will be thrown off a bit...

SC 1-5 - Astaroth

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: June 19, 2012, 08:26:41 PM »
I'm starting to not use dragon tails in block strings... Hwa can do 3 light normals and slide after and be completely safe... Another s.A after the slide will actually frame trap against a lot of characters... i'll only do qcb.B ender if i have no drive so i can stay close and pressure... This way if i suddenly do qcb.D the opponent will be thrown off a bit...

Unless you do it from a distance, same for Terry's qcb+B, Hwa's light Dragon Tail is also not safe on block. It's better tod o that then get reversaled, but at that point, whatever they throw out is 2 frames faster than anything you throw out.