Author Topic: Hwa Jai (Console)  (Read 87384 times)

nilcam

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • PSN: nilcam
    • View Profile
Hwa Jai (Console)
« on: December 06, 2011, 05:19:20 AM »

Notation
;a = Light Punch
;b = Light Kick
;c = Strong Punch
;d = Strong Kick

* = EX version possible

Throws
Sou Hiza Jigoku - ;bk/ ;fd+ ;c/ ;d

Command NormaLs
Step Kick with Slide - ;df+ ;b

Special Moves
TNT Punch - ;qcf + ;a / ;c *
 ∟ ;qcf + ;a / ;c (Finishing Blow)

Dragon Tail - ;qcb + ;b / ;d (ground or air) *

Dragon Kick - ;dp + ;b / ;d (ground or air) *

Desperation Moves
Drink Pink - ;qcb ;qcb + ;a / ;c

Dragon Dance - ;qcf ;qcf + ;b / ;d *

Dragon Backbreaker - ;qcf ;hcb + ;a / ;c

Neomax
Final Dragon Kick - ;qcf ;hcb ;b ;d

Hwa Jai's Wiki entry.

Console changes:
- All frames on Drink super have been changed (apparently, its recovery is faster)
* Ground CD has changed. Moves forward and has invincibility to low attacks
* Fierce Dragon Tail has faster recovery; can be connected to a normal move after it hits
* Weak Dragon Backbreaker is now a 1F throw instead of a leaping throw
- Weak Dragon Tail comes out faster and connects from a fierce
- EX Air Dragon Kick now hits 3 times like its ground version and does 154 damage.
- EX Dragon Tail chips less guard meter

Producer Yamamoto says: Hwa has a lot of changes, like for example, his Weak Backbreaker is a 1F hit now. The recovery on his drink is different so it might be usable in a combo.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2011, 07:14:54 PM by nilcam »

nilcam

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: Hwa Jai (Console)
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2011, 05:19:33 AM »
Reserved
« Last Edit: December 06, 2011, 07:15:10 PM by nilcam »

nilcam

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2011, 05:19:41 AM »
Reserved
« Last Edit: December 06, 2011, 07:17:25 PM by nilcam »

C 3

• Rising Dragon
  • Cat stance ftw
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2011, 04:05:58 PM »
Does hwa have any combos where he combos into the drink and can keep going with normals, special moves, super or anything?

SAB-CA

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Studio Artic Bananna!
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2011, 10:55:01 PM »
Does hwa have any combos where he combos into the drink and can keep going with normals, special moves, super or anything?

Basically, if you super cancel into Drink Right after an EX TNT Punch, that's the most potential to combo you're going to get.

EX TNT seems like it's impossible to hit juggled opponents with. The best way to land it (for me) Is ;dn ;b , ;dn ;a , stand ;b , ;df ;b , EX TNT.

Drink cancelling is only effective in corner, otherwise, you seem to be too far away. Mostly, for me, I'd rather knock them far away (like with his CD), plug in a drink while they're recovering, and then fish for Drink-buffed Dragon BackBREAKA setups. After the Drink, Dragon BackBREAKA is like a mini-neomax, and all the hits you do leading up to the BREAKA are buffed by the drinking as well.

bigvador

• Scion of Flame
  • YOU CANT HELP ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2011, 05:46:23 AM »

Basically, if you super cancel into Drink Right after an EX TNT Punch, that's the most potential to combo you're going to get.

EX TNT seems like it's impossible to hit juggled opponents with. The best way to land it (for me) Is ;dn ;b , ;dn ;a , stand ;b , ;df ;b , EX TNT. 
i thought u couldnt do anything after the ex tnt........... well i dont use it any way it almost seems like a waste of a move just using A TNT can only give u more juggle but i dont know

SAB-CA

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Studio Artic Bananna!
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2011, 06:05:59 AM »
i thought u couldnt do anything after the ex tnt........... well i dont use it any way it almost seems like a waste of a move just using A TNT can only give u more juggle but i dont know

Well, to me, that's the thing. ;a and ;c TNT+ Followup is hard to land at midscreen, especially if you're itchy on when to do it. The ;a followup only combos well if you make sure to start that TNT at the end of his ;df ;b slide, once Hwa has let his momentum get closer to the opponenet. And the punches push back, which make the followup even more annoying to use.

However, the EX TNT had an auto-advance with it, that make the full thing land anywhere; it dashes in and kinda locks / draws them into the hits. This also means you should be able to use it off pokes, such as with crouching ;c, or stand ;b.

It gives a launch that give you a free juggle oppurtunity, and with his Dragon Dance, you can get a DM or EX DM off (Normals, command slide, EX TNT) anywhere on the screen.

Another note, If you're poking at a further away enemey who'se in the corner, the EX TNT will help you get into position for those ;b Dragon Kick (DC), ;c Dragon Tail Loops. You could even toss in an extra ;a TNT after the EX, to make it a bit easier.

The only thing I personally really like for Normal TNT is that it can be super cancelled into Dragon BackBREAKA, which can then be MC'd into FINAL DRAGON KIAAAKAKAKAKAK, or however he says it. It's his nice short SC -> MC combo, since there's no time for Final Dragon Kick to land in Dragon Dance...

bigvador

• Scion of Flame
  • YOU CANT HELP ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2011, 07:11:30 AM »
hmmmm looks like imma have to go in the lab with the TNT do u know the start up frames for  ;df ;b

year/zer0

• New Challenger
  • This is the year it begins
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2011, 01:32:37 AM »
Has anyone besides me had trouble canceling into EX Dragon Tail after  ;df ;b? Any tips to help avoid accidental NeoMax use?

lindseyboi

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2011, 09:31:33 AM »
Hwa jai combo once he's drunk he becomes very strong.

kof 13 hwai jai 100% combo

VinnAleixoFM

• Strongest Tiger
  • Secador Oficial do Wong
    • View Profile
    • Portal Versus
« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2011, 01:23:34 PM »
KOFXIII Hwa Jai Combo Tutorial

Combo Tutorial by Xenophobian

Do someone have the combo transcription?

xZEPPELIx

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2011, 06:38:14 AM »
Ok so Hwa A Back Breacker probably is only 1f after the flash cause you can't punish Duo's Rekka -> Weak teleport with it.  It probably has some start-up.
formerly known as TornAparT.  SoCal KoF group: http://www.facebook.com/groups/244569065571400

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN id: Musolini187 Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2011, 07:05:46 AM »
hwa seems nice enough, combo into drink and combo. near corner only, 2 and 3 bars and full drive.

jump ;c air  ;dn ;db ;bk ;b standing  ;c ;df ;b, ;dn ;df ;fd ;a ;c (sc) ;dn ;db ;bk ;dn ;db ;bk ;c, ;fd ;dn ;df ;b (dc) ;dn ;db ;bk ;d, ;dn ;db ;bk ;d, ;dn ;db ;bk ;d, ;dn ;db ;bk ;b, ;dn ;db ;bk ;b, ;dn ;df ;fd ;a, ;dn ;df ;fd ;a, now for the 1 bar finisfer do instant air   ;fd ;dn ;df ;b ;d and 2 follow ups in the direction you wanna fly. 597 damage and you remain drunk for an additional 5 or so seconds (might land dragon back breaka for that hardd extra damage after the combo when still drunk).

for an extra dm bar you could also finish the combo with an ex dm instead of ex dp for bout 750 damage or something along those lines. i couldn't get the normal ;dn ;df ;fd ;dn ;df ;fd ;b or ;d or ground ex dp to connect for the combo that used 1 dm bar less. you gain a bar and 1/4 with the combo so that's a nice bonus.

edit: what are people opinions bout hwa? his drinking makes him really good but comboing into it is more for show than anything else cause he can do that same damage more easily without wasting that much bar without going drunk. i think it it was cheaper to combo in to drinking and combo on wouldhave made him too op, now its fun to use  but really not neccesarry.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2011, 01:44:41 AM by MUSOLINI »
In the end, there can only be XIII.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1p0XsEizwHA

Still mo sweet Chariots, keep on swingin'!

Dobiqwolf

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 25, 2011, 03:53:58 AM »
hwa seems nice enough, combo into drink and combo. near corner only, 2 and 3 bars and full drive.

jump ;c air  ;dn ;db ;bk ;b standing  ;c ;df ;b, ;dn ;df ;fd ;a ;c (sc) ;dn ;db ;bk ;dn ;db ;bk ;c, ;fd ;dn ;df ;b (dc) ;dn ;db ;bk ;d, ;dn ;db ;bk ;d, ;dn ;db ;bk ;d, ;dn ;db ;bk ;b, ;dn ;db ;bk ;b, ;dn ;df ;fd ;a, ;dn ;df ;fd ;a, now for the 1 bar finisfer do instant air   ;fd ;dn ;df ;b ;d and 2 follow ups in the direction you wanna fly. 597 damage and you remain drunk for an additional 5 or so seconds (might land dragon back breaka for that hardd extra damage after the combo when still drunk).

for an extra dm bar you could also finish the combo with an ex dm instead of ex dp for bout 750 damage or something along those lines. i couldn't get the normal ;dn ;df ;fd ;dn ;df ;fd ;b or ;d or ground ex dp to connect for the combo that used 1 dm bar less. you gain a bar and 1/4 with the combo so that's a nice bonus.

edit: what are people opinions bout hwa? his drinking makes him really good but comboing into it is more for show than anything else cause he can do that same damage more easily without wasting that much bar without going drunk. i think it it was cheaper to combo in to drinking and combo on wouldhave made him too op, now its fun to use  but really not neccesarry.
I do not combo into drinking, like you said it is more for show, but I use the drink on his own as soon as I can because it makes Hwa jai a lot stronger, you get a psycological advantage, your opponent will be scared knowing that a basic combo could turn into a 600++ damage.

jinxhand

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
  • That Battle Fantasia Guy
    • View Profile
    • EMPYREAL CEREBELLUM BEATS
« Reply #14 on: January 01, 2012, 09:49:38 AM »
Found something crazy, but not too practical imo... Anyway, if you manage to knock the opponent down in the corner with air dp+B, and they do not techroll, you can pick them back up in with an EX Dragon Kick.

The thing with this, in order to catch them, you have to do the Dragon Kick fast. I used the tiger knee method. All three directions will hit. From the ;df I went ;fd then ;uf . This can be done in both regular and HD mode. I came across this messing around trying to find different ways to HD combo with air dp+B. Again, there's probably no real use for this, but maybe something can come outta this...

I'm not sure if anyone asked this, but has anyone found ways to combo using the EX HD Bypass method? I'm just testing stuff out to see what's possible, seeing what can combo into EX TNT Punch. I'm just doing a s.C, df+B. qcf+ABC and seeing what I can/can't do from there. I'm trying other methods of comboing, but for the most part it seems like everyone's just EX TNT Punching into Drunk Mode, and comboing from there.

Well I guess I should really be asking if anyone has found something useful from going straight into HD from EX TNT Punch, then straight into Drunk Mode and comboing afterwards??? I hope this doesn't sound confusing...