Author Topic: Hwa Jai (Console)  (Read 87382 times)

milesw

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
Re: Hwa Jai (Console)
« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2012, 10:21:06 PM »
Is there any good hwa matchplay footage out there?
満月の夜にまた会おうか!

My youtube
http://www.youtube.com/user/mairusu1

Agito

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2012, 03:40:36 AM »
Hi guys, I'm new to Dream Cancel.

From the 'strategy' section onwards this is written by me: http://wiki.shoryuken.com/The_King_of_Fighters_XIII/Hwa_Jai#Basic_Strategy

It still needs a lot of work, so that's why I'm here. With permission I'd like to include information from this thread in the SRK guide because at the moment it's severely lacking. I also plan to add this information to the Dream Cancel wiki at some point unless someone beats me to it. The problem is that when I first bought the game I played Hwa quite often, but now I've moved on to other characters who suit my style of play better and Hwa tactics have gathered dust. I only started writing the SRK guide page because there wasn't anything there before and I reckoned something was better than nothing. Still, it would be a shame not to finish what I've started so I humbly request assistance, though if someone thinks they could do better and would like to take over I'm open to that suggestion too.

So what do you think should be included? I'd like anything from basic strategy and advice on team placement to combo notations and setups for Dragon Backbreaker.

Lastly, does it read well? I'm really not sure if it fits with the writing style of the other character pages, or if that really matters.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2012, 03:47:55 AM by Agito »

desmond_kof

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • Practice everyday without neglect
    • View Profile
    • DesmondDELAGHETTO youtube page
« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2012, 08:01:42 PM »
Hey Agito,

As long as you give proper credits to the members and site, and if you put things in your own words and interpretation, it should be okay. One reason why our Hwa wiki is a little barren is because it seems we don't have many players focusing on him to share information, so if you're willing to help us out as well here: http://dreamcancel.com/forum/index.php?topic=1771.0 that would be great.
"Do not place so much importance on winning. The fight itself has value."

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2012, 07:20:51 AM »
Just messing around with him. I saw this combo video (I think it was posted earlier in this thread) http://youtu.be/820DVTcxIJQ . I just did B SRK, Drive Cancel into B Dragon Tail, then D SRK, and D Dragon Tail. Without even going into the super that can be landed after that, that's easy 500 damage. With EX Super it's closer to 700 damage.

That shit's brutal.
Team: Billy, Clark, Hwa.

Blake/White

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 06, 2012, 11:03:20 PM »
Currently I play a team of K'/Hwa/Shen. Hwa Jai's damage is out of control, especially when he's drunk. I found an HD combo with him while drunk that can KO anyone and he only needs the initial stock to drink in order to do it; the ender builds enough meter for him to land a DM and KO the opponent at the end of the combo.

That being said, I'm still struggling with him in terms of how to play. He feels awkward and I think he struggles in matches where he has to come back from being down on life, especially against good zoning characters. This is one of the reasons I won't play him anchor, that and his ability to do incredible damage without using stock. I think he is best in first or second slot, depending on the opponent's team and order. The main upside of having stock available with him outside of easier damage is having access to two good moves for getting around zoning and projectiles (EX Dragon Tail and C Dragon Backbreaker).

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 12, 2012, 05:23:02 AM »
What are some safe blockstrings with Hwa?

Is Slide (downtowards B) into B Dragon Tail safe? I tested it against 1 guard Jump and it seems pretty safe, I wouldn't put it past grapplers like Clark to punish it though. But I think you can fuck that up if you use Yomi with his C Grab Super.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2012, 05:29:05 AM by LouisCipher »

bigvador

• Scion of Flame
  • YOU CANT HELP ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 13, 2012, 09:51:22 AM »
What are some safe blockstrings with Hwa?

Is Slide (downtowards B) into B Dragon Tail safe? I tested it against 1 guard Jump and it seems pretty safe, I wouldn't put it past grapplers like Clark to punish it though. But I think you can fuck that up if you use Yomi with his C Grab Super.

thats it and on block i believe hes -1 and if he connects then its 0 its really sad he only had 1 block string but u can do qcf A it will whiff but some people react late then u can dp and get a counter hit

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 14, 2012, 05:00:52 AM »
I think I discovered a shenanigan no one has talked about yet. It seems pretty good too.

(Anywhere) CD into EX SRK. With the 3 additional hits of the EX that's easy 266 damage. Not huge, and he can't DC into a Dragon Tail and follow up from there. But when it's down to the wire this could help. I think he's the only character that can combo off of CD without it being a counter hit or going into HD Mode.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2012, 06:05:05 AM by LouisCipher »

Sharnt

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 14, 2012, 02:23:37 PM »
dp.BD is a so called Free juggle move, at least Takuma, Duo Lon, Yuri, Hwa, Raiden, K', Vice, have one (I might forgot some).
« Last Edit: January 14, 2012, 02:25:58 PM by Sharnt »
Follow me on Twitter for a lot of stuff on KoF XIII :
https://twitter.com/SharntGroMuzo

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 14, 2012, 09:20:26 PM »
^Didn't know that. Thanks!

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
  • Even in the Darkness, Light Shines Through
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 15, 2012, 12:09:48 AM »
It's Anywhere Juggle, but yeah.

For a decent amount of characters, it can be mean...just look at Vice or Elizabeth.  Takuma's is essential for his doom combos, K' Minute Spike being one helped his corner carry (as if he needed it).

It's characters like that where you just have to be careful when dealing with Air to Airs (especially Vice).
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

Blake/White

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 15, 2012, 04:39:32 PM »
Interesting, I forgot about his EX Dragon Kick being an absolute juggle. Very useful since s.CD is such an important move for him.

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 15, 2012, 11:33:41 PM »
How good is jump away D Dragon Tail? It looks like he's left pretty safe especially if done really low to the ground.

FataCon

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 16, 2012, 04:09:20 AM »
So I wanted to put together a video, but I no longer have the means to do so. Here is the leftover transcript from the video that never was. These combos also work in the corner. Omit the jump-in starters for whatever else at the expense of less damage. They're all pretty much variations of the same combo with the enders dependent on the number of stocks available.

Tips:

After the activation, the s.D should be a (close) s.D and not a (far) s.D, otherwise the B Dragon Tail after the D Dragon Tail will whiff.

The only Dragon Tail that should hit twice is the D Dragon tail during the loop after the 2nd Dragon kick.

Only the 2 stock combo requires the full NeoMax animation.

All combos require full drive.

0 stock (20 hits/724 dmg)
j.C > qcb+B > (far) s.C > HD > (close) s.D > dp+D > (HDC) qcb+B > dp+B > (HDC) qcb+D > qcb+D > qcb+B > dp+B > (HDC) qcb+D > qcb+D > dp+D > (HDC) qcb+B > qcb+B > dp+B

1 stock (34 hits/842 dmg)

j.C > qcb+B > (far) s.C > HD > (close) s.D > dp+D > (HDC) qcb+B > dp+B > (HDC) qcb+D > qcb+D > qcb+B > dp+B > (HDC) qcb+D > qcb+D > dp+D > (HDC) qcb+B > qcb+B > qcfx2+B/D

2 stock (19 hits/922 dmg)

j.C > qcb+B > (far) s.C > HD > (close) s.D > dp+D > (HDC) qcb+B > dp+B > (HDC) qcb+D > qcb+D > qcb+B > dp+B > (HDC) qcb+D > qcb+D > dp+D > (HDC) qcb+B > qcf,hcb+BD

3 stock (39 hits/965 dmg)

j.C > qcb+B > (far) s.C > HD > (close) s.D > dp+D > (HDC) qcb+B > dp+B > (HDC) qcb+D > qcb+D > qcb+B > dp+B > (HDC) qcb+D > qcb+D > qcf,hcb+BD > qcfx2+B/D

4 stock (41 hits/1007 dmg)

j.C > qcb+B > (far) s.C > HD > (close) s.D > dp+D > (HDC) qcb+B > dp+B > (HDC) qcb+D > qcb+D > qcb+B > dp+B > (HDC) qcb+D > qcb+D > qcf,hcb+BD > qcfx2+BD

These combos are most likely unoptimized. Granted, you won't always get the jump-in starter for maximum damage, these combos showcase the basics of midscreen to corner Drive Canceling in HD mode with Hwa Jai.

Matt Alder

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 18, 2012, 03:29:22 AM »
This might be old news but I've found a 1k damage drunk combo that requires just 70% drive and 1 stock (to start).

get drunk:

j.C, j.qcb+B, c.C, d/f+B, dp+D [DC] j.qcb+D, qcb+D, qcb+B, qcb+B, qcb+B, dp+B [DC] j.qcb+D, (wait) qcb+D, qcb+B, qcb+B, qcb+B, dp+B (stun),  qcbx2+A/C, j.C, j.qcb+B, c.C, d/f+B, qcf+AC, qcb+D, qcb+B, qcfx2+BD.

Not all that practical since you have to land that j.C at the start under 2 sec after drinking, but still incredible that he has such high damage off so little starting resources.

EDIT: Note that Hwa has to be at least your 2nd character for this combo.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2012, 05:09:02 AM by Matt Alder »