Author Topic: Hwa Jai (Console)  (Read 87952 times)

MAASKYO

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: Hwa Jai (Console)
« Reply #150 on: June 09, 2012, 09:13:30 PM »
 Opp on wall...any thing lead to qcf+ ;a+ ;c  dp+ ;d cl ;d  qcb+ ;d (meaty )if the opp blocked i think it's fr+.. if it hits you can combo it into cl ;d or  ;c
« Last Edit: June 09, 2012, 09:15:33 PM by MAASKYO »

Matt Alder

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: June 10, 2012, 03:16:58 AM »
Interesting reset... Very good option when sober. I had just been resetting with st.A, then grab DM after they land. I suppose you could also do that reset after a qcb+B loop when drunk, but maybe qcb+D will come out too quick, not sure.

Mazinkaiser

• Strongest Tiger
  • Debiru Mashin
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: June 10, 2012, 06:53:26 PM »
Hwa is also hard because you have to constantly be gaining and spending meter for drunk mode.  I usually do backdash qcb b to gain meter.  It builds meter pretty fast and is usually safe if you are far enough away.  Anyone else have any good meter tactics?

I didn't see yesterday night any new meter tactics but the gameplan of tokido was aaaalways stay drunk (with 1 drive cancel at least i note) and rushdown like hell and gaining meter in the process, no matter what get the chance and drunk with 1 only super meter too.

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: June 10, 2012, 10:18:12 PM »
You can get Drunk with Hwa and even if you have zero bar just by poking them and keeping the pressure it doesn't take very long to build another bar or two.
Team: Billy, Clark, Hwa.

t3h mAsTarOth...!

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: June 11, 2012, 01:12:23 PM »
Yes thats my style of play as well... He is my anchor now... Everyone uses him second... but i'm thinking if he is this good with meter then why not give him as much meter as possible... I can always stay drunk... Do as many grab DMs as i want... Plus i dont have force myself to play rush down... I usually like playing pretty safe with him like i do with Mai... Having meter at dispoal doesnt bother me if i blow meter on anything really...

Favourite thing about anchor Hwa is being drunk and having HD + 3 meters... Empty hop HD activate + grab DM > Neomax... Best HD ever... 860ish damage with no work... Hahaha...
KOFXIII - Raiden, Billy, Mai, Karate, Kim, Ralf, Ryo, Robert

SC 1-5 - Astaroth

SaMsTarOth t3h mAsTarOth of AsTarOth...!

bigvador

• Scion of Flame
  • YOU CANT HELP ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: June 11, 2012, 09:10:55 PM »
i rather use him as a rush down hes first on my team and i never get drunk with him nor do i grab.... i take it i use him really different compared to most folks

t3h mAsTarOth...!

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: June 11, 2012, 10:54:29 PM »
i rather use him as a rush down hes first on my team and i never get drunk with him nor do i grab.... i take it i use him really different compared to most folks
if you arent using those 2 aspects of his gameplay then you are missing out on a HUGE part of his gameplay... Think of the damage boost you get with drink... If Hwa isnt drunk then how scary is he without meter? Not really scary... If you make a wrong guess you will loose about 250 or 350 if you spend a drive... What happens when you drink? Ooooh you suddenly do 600-700 damage from anything you land with only 1 drive... This scares opponents to hell...

This brings you to the grab DM option... Everyone who plays KOF knows how good 1 frame grabs are... So Hwa not only has a 1 frame grab DM, he also has a totally invincible DM that travels past half the screen and punishes anything remotely laggy like a FB or a far C/D on whiff... Keep in mind that Hwa still has these grabs when he is not drunk... Plus after the grab DM you can do a safe jump cross-up mix-up on them... Now as soon as you are drunk, with 1 meter you get to do what the grapplers of this game can only do at the cost of 2 meters...

Once you are drunk with Hwa and have 1 meter + 1 drive, you are the strongest character in the game... Doesnt matter what the situation... Pressure them with his amazing normals... Anti-air them at will... Anytime you land a combo or a dp+D or catch them out of the air with qcb+B/D, spend 1 drive and they loose 600 life minimum... On top of this, they cant even play patient against you because of your grab DM...

SC 1-5 - Astaroth

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: June 11, 2012, 11:08:36 PM »
^^

Pretty much. By refusing to use Drunk Mode you're not even scraping the surface of what Hwa Jai can do. It's like willingly not using Xfactor in Marvel 3. In Drunk Mode Hwa goes from being a 'good mid tier character' to 'Holy fucking shit I just 500 health in one combo and he only used one drive! Ban him!' kind of character.

bigvador

• Scion of Flame
  • YOU CANT HELP ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: June 12, 2012, 01:22:44 AM »
all of what yal said is very true and i cant disagree with none of if but come time of the end of the day its just my play style just like when i use clark (2nd on my team then ralf) i dont really use SAB (thats for the clark thread) i play as basic as possible and of course i kno dam near all the mix ups and set ups goin into drink but i feel i dont need it

basiclly i rather play smart and do little to no damage then use the advantages of what that character has.... and i have alot of people tell me that im using him wrong but if i can kill a hole team and not get drunk nor use his 1 frame (which i should do) then im just proving to myself that i can handle a challenge such as this 1

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: June 12, 2012, 03:46:21 AM »
Matt I got a question:

I noticed at MLG even Tokido fell for this. Can Hwa do st.A into Slide B and then D Dragon Tail and remain safe? I always assumed anyone with a command grab could punish it.

Suiname

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: June 12, 2012, 05:03:14 AM »
well slide into D dragon tail isn't a true block string, so it can be interrupted with a reversal, and thus not 100% safe.  I know when Hwa is drunk is they block the D dragon tail, he's got advantage so it's safe, but not sure about sober and the wiki is sort of confusing on that topic.  You could always go into training mode and record the string and have Hwa jump immediately afterwards, then play back and have your character block and then also jump immediately.  If you land before Hwa you coulda 1 frame grabbed him

t3h mAsTarOth...!

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: June 12, 2012, 05:09:38 AM »
all of what yal said is very true and i cant disagree with none of if but come time of the end of the day its just my play style just like when i use clark (2nd on my team then ralf) i dont really use SAB (thats for the clark thread) i play as basic as possible and of course i kno dam near all the mix ups and set ups goin into drink but i feel i dont need it

basiclly i rather play smart and do little to no damage then use the advantages of what that character has.... and i have alot of people tell me that im using him wrong but if i can kill a hole team and not get drunk nor use his 1 frame (which i should do) then im just proving to myself that i can handle a challenge such as this 1
ok not to sound mean... but umm you are gonna loose to good players if you don't take full advantage of your character... if i know that you are not gonna drink or grab DM me, you are gonna get rushed down to hell and back... without drink/grab the only reversal Hwa has is B shoryu and i'm not scared of eating it a couple times...

also ...you don't grab with Clark? what is the point of playing a grappler if you are not gonna grab? lol... we don't play fighting games to choose what to do and what not to do... we play to win... and that means do anything and everything you can to win... if it's the same move 10 times in a row then so be it... if people hate you for doing it, call you scummy or shit talk you then it means you are doing a good job... (minus tier-whoring just for the sake of tier-whoring)
« Last Edit: June 12, 2012, 01:02:52 PM by t3h mAsTarOth...! »

SC 1-5 - Astaroth

Blake/White

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: June 12, 2012, 05:18:45 AM »
He's talking about Dragon Tail, the QCB+D, not Dragon Kick. When he's sober, slide into QCB+D is interruptable, but the window to reverse seems very small, as I've had people struggle with getting around it. When he's drunk, I think it may actually be a true blockstring, which is disgusting once you've cornered someone, as you can just do slide into QCB+D, land and close C into slide and repeat, provided they don't have any bar to get out. Makes for easy guard breaks.

bigvador

• Scion of Flame
  • YOU CANT HELP ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: June 12, 2012, 07:55:33 AM »

ok not to sound mean... but umm you are gonna loose to good players if you don't take full advantage of your character... if i know that you are not gonna drink or grab DM me, you are gonna get rushed down to hell and back... without drink/grab the only reversal Hwa has is B shoryu and i'm not scared of eating it a couple times...

also ...you don't grab with Clark? what is the point of playing a grappler if you are not gonna grab? lol... we don't play fighting games to choose what to do and what not to do... we play to win... and that means do anything and everything you can to win... if it's the same move 10 times in a row then so be it... if people hate you for doing it, call you scummy or shit talk you then it means you are doing a good job... (minus tier-whoring just for the sake of tier-whoring)

naw u aint soundin mean lol like i said i choose not 2 do it so it dosent really matter plus it aint like i play professional plus i like a challenge. i played people waaaaaay better then me but i was still able to beat them without drink nor DM (cant say the same thing 4 clark) and i can say i get mo props 4 playing the way i play then playin like everybody else not like i was aiming for it anyway it just happened

like i said its nothing more then a challenge and im enjoying it plus i dont get butt hurt over a game

Sharnt

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: June 12, 2012, 11:59:32 AM »
Ok I think you're all missing something.

qcb.D is +2 on block if the second hit hits (ie in corner), else you're -1 if it's hit so ...

Thus the basic Hwa gameplan in corner is to do [d.B,f.AC,df.B,qcb.D]*N
There is a gap between the df.B and the qcb.D but to punish you they must use an invincible move or really well timed normal (5f normal will hit you counter I tested with Hwa s.A).
Thus after the qcb.D you do d.B. If he blocks there is a 1~2f hole. That's why you must input f.AC and not s.A, to auto tech throw.
But since I'm not a hwa player I don't now those but it might be powerful after tech throw setup (Well I guess a s.D is a powerful tech throw setup by itself haha).

Ho and obviously, if the qcb.D hits, the whole will combo thus you cancel by the slide and then let's rock!

This loop mixing with all Hwa option gives him a very crazy pressure. While drunk I don't know how exactly it will work.

Hey and don't forget air dp.B if done low is +hell on block (+4 or something like that).
« Last Edit: June 12, 2012, 12:15:36 PM by Sharnt »
Follow me on Twitter for a lot of stuff on KoF XIII :
https://twitter.com/SharntGroMuzo