Author Topic: Hwa Jai (Console)  (Read 87383 times)

lindseyboi

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: Hwa Jai (Console)
« Reply #225 on: July 21, 2012, 09:04:23 PM »
IMO this is the best cornercombo so far. The 10% extra meter gain on the reynald combo is not worth the added difficulty (tho it looks sick ^^). The only "hard" part about this one is that you have to delay the dp.D a tiny bit.

Just curious, what part are you finding challenging because it's definitely a practical combo with some practice.  Are you using a shortcut for the air.dp K because it really helped me.

video please , video or it didnt happen

bopper

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: July 21, 2012, 09:37:25 PM »
im not getting the timing of the dpD after the first airdp+B. Can anyone do a video of this. Thanks in advance

Here you go ^^ - http://youtu.be/4-8Lx2PeCgA

Kane: I don't think it is especially hard. Its just that the other one is easier and deals more damage. Only + for this one is a bit more meter gain. But yeah its definitely practical :)

EDIT: Tested some more after i made the vids, and it seems like cl.C, df.B x dp.D DC qcb.D, qcb.D, tk dp.B, qcf.A, qcf qcf.B is the strongest 1 bar combo (also has 95% meter gain).

Also, cl.C, df.B x dp.D DC qcb.D, qcb.D, dp.D, qcf qcf.BD (about 95% meter gain as well) is the strongest 2 bar i could find. 676 dmg IIRC
« Last Edit: July 25, 2012, 03:36:31 PM by bopper »

lindseyboi

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: July 21, 2012, 11:27:45 PM »
nice thanks bopper. il practice this. so the motion for the instant dp should be f d df uf +B right?

bopper

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: July 25, 2012, 03:08:07 PM »
So i played around a bit with CH CD x drink, and it seems you can get pretty crazy damage off it in the corner starting with 2 drive and 1 bar. The best i could find was:

CH st.CD x drink, dp.B DC qcb.D, qcb.D(2 hit), qcb.D(3 hit), qcb.B, qcb.B, qcf.A, dp.B DC qcb.D, qcb.D(2 hit, gotta delay this one a bit), qcb.D(3 hit), qcb.B, qcb.B, qcf.A, qcf qcf.BC for around 891. You end up with a bit of meter, and 1-2 hits away from another drive bar.

If you end it with dp.B instead of super, it does 110 stun, so as long as you have got a few hits in beforehand, it should be a guaranteed kill. I think you MIGHT be able to do 120 stun if you do 2 reps of dp.B DC qcb.D, qcb.D(3 hit), qcb.Bx4. But that is too hard to be practical IMO unless there is some sort of secret timing trick that i do not know about ^^

EDIT: lindseyboi yeah that is correct. I just do f, n, d, df, f, uf+B
« Last Edit: July 25, 2012, 03:37:37 PM by bopper »

JuiceboxAbel

• New Challenger
  • KING of Fighters
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: July 26, 2012, 01:25:16 AM »
I've been scouring this thread, and it seems like we still aren't sure what Hwa's best combos are, heh.

Plus he's practically two characters in one...
I stream KoFXIII ALL THE TIME: Twitch.tv/juiceboxabel
twitter: @juiceboxabel

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: July 26, 2012, 02:05:09 AM »
Pretty much. It seems like a lot of people just don't know how to deal with Hwa when he's drunk.

I think -I mentioned this pages ago- something that holds back Hwa players is over/under reliance on his Slide. There's some I want to call it a loose input when he does Slide and you sometimes get a move you absolutely did not want out and you're free as a result.

That and just people not knowing what they should do, should they focus on just getting Drunk and doing whatever, or should they do a little bit of everything?

The options Hwa has available to him at all times is mind fuck worthy.
Team: Billy, Clark, Hwa.

Blake/White

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: July 27, 2012, 02:28:11 AM »
Yeah, one of the struggles I would run into while playing Hwa is that he can do so much, and focusing on just one aspect of his game may actually cause you to struggle.

The Fluke

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: August 30, 2012, 10:53:35 AM »
I found a pretty impractical stun combo with Hwa Jai just now.

j.D qcb.B d.A s.C df.B srk.D DC qcb.D qcb.D qcb.B*3 qcf.A srk.B DC qcb.D qcb.D qcb.B*3 qcf.A srk.B

Presto, do whatever after that. Highly inefective because of the link at the start that i'm sure no one would care to go for since you could just use it as a kill combo instead obviously..

Sir Octopus (Saiki)

• Mod Team
  • Strongest Tiger
  • Think outside the box
    • View Profile
    • My combo videos
« Reply #233 on: December 03, 2012, 11:02:13 PM »
Hwa non drunk, 1 stock full drive kill combo is up!

http://dreamcancel.com/forum/index.php?topic=7.0

Suiname

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: December 07, 2012, 12:00:01 AM »
Hwa non drunk, 1 stock full drive kill combo is up!
This combo is sweet.  Is the D after the slide before the HD activate a one frame link?

Sir Octopus (Saiki)

• Mod Team
  • Strongest Tiger
  • Think outside the box
    • View Profile
    • My combo videos
« Reply #235 on: December 07, 2012, 05:21:56 AM »
Well, since st.C and st.D both hit after the slide and they both have diferent startup, no, it's not a 1 frame link.

Suiname

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: December 07, 2012, 05:30:15 PM »
Cool, thanks for that info.  gonna try this out this weekend.  Hwa Jai - so much damage.

Suiname

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: December 18, 2012, 10:58:07 PM »
Does anyone have any advice on non-combo Hwa tech that is effective, especially frame traps and cross up / safe jump setups?  Upthread the basic ones were mentioned (slide into D dragon Tail, st. a -> slide -> st. a), but I'm just trying to see if anyone has figured out anything I don't know.  I looked around and found one interesting safe jump / option select stuff if you use ex dragon tail, but that's it.  Video here:
KOF XIII - Hwa: Safe Jump and Option Select
Anyone have anything else?  Trying to level my Hwa up before the big tourney here in 2 weeks.

Sir Octopus (Saiki)

• Mod Team
  • Strongest Tiger
  • Think outside the box
    • View Profile
    • My combo videos
« Reply #238 on: December 19, 2012, 05:10:55 PM »
There is a setup against grapplers, but specialy against Clark.

in the corner or just close to when the oponent is about to wake up from a soft/hard knock down or recovery roll. Do standing CD. nothing that Clark does can escape it since Hwa is in the air, this way, your oponent can only react to 3 possible options in his best judgment:

Roll forward/backward. In which case if done backward, which is very unlikely, your CD will wiff and you'll get a full combo afterwards, allowing for a vortex'ish follow up.

If he does EX shoulder rush. Your CD will trade and send Clark flaying back and giving you a state of juggle since you were in the air, now, I it gives you a soft knockdown the I doubt you can followw up, but it will give you a chance to do CD before be wakes up.

After that you only get a blocking oponent, and given the block stun on CD it allows for an easy dragon tail block string, after the first dragon tail being blocked, your oponent is expecting a low hit, just do another dragon tail right after, but not too often.

Makoto

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: January 11, 2013, 07:11:11 PM »
Yes, abuse it all day and night.

That move has some dirty crossup properties like Yuri's dive kick as well. It's also a really good mobility tool.