Author Topic: Hwa Jai (Console)  (Read 87391 times)

Blackout2021

• New Challenger
  • Fraud of fighters
    • View Profile
Re: Hwa Jai (Console)
« Reply #240 on: March 12, 2013, 06:07:55 PM »
Hey guys I'm trying to pick up Hwa Jai but I don't have a single clue where I should be starting with this character. What are some Hwa Basic stuff I should know about? He seems a little on the complex side with all these different dragon tail moves.

desmond_kof

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • Practice everyday without neglect
    • View Profile
    • DesmondDELAGHETTO youtube page
« Reply #241 on: March 12, 2013, 07:11:29 PM »
Like with every character in KOF in the beginning, try your best to understand and learn his normal moves. He has some very good standing and crouching normals. Learn the proper ranges, whats cancelable or not, if they hit crouching opponents or not, which ones are good against hop attacks, quick punishes, etc.
"Do not place so much importance on winning. The fight itself has value."

Persona

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: April 02, 2013, 10:45:37 PM »
I have no experience with Hwa Jai but was wondering if over 800 damage with HD mode and no meter (non drunk) normal for a character like him? He seems to do too much damage. -_-
« Last Edit: April 03, 2013, 04:18:22 AM by Persona »

Makoto

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: May 03, 2013, 04:11:26 PM »
That's actually pretty normal for him. Depending on how you start with him he can get a full kill combo off 2 bars while sober.

marchefelix

• Legendary Wolf
  • X A N A D U
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: May 09, 2013, 04:20:21 AM »

mechanica

• New Challenger
  • *hic*
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: June 17, 2013, 06:10:20 AM »
Who doesn't tech that knockdown though? If they're in the corner they won't for fear of command grab but then you can't crossup.

What's more useful to me is setups off cmd throw. Slight pause into sj.D is a great meaty crossup.

sj.D xx dp+B (input backwards) gives you a level 1 or 2 DM combo. Instead of sj.D, do an early air dp+B or a late air qcb+B for non-crossup.

If the opponent is rolling from this just go for the meaty sj.D but buffer/OS a run input and you can catch them with another cmd throw or normal throw. Dirty.

Oh, if they're smart and inputting a backwards dp, air qcb+D will evade it! And you can punish some with DM/EX DM.
http://www.youtube.com/pantailamon
(check out the safejump playlist!)

bopper

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: August 01, 2013, 04:15:15 PM »
KoF XIII : KCE 520 "Hwa Jai combo movie by Hagi"

some cool stuff in here! Especially the double dp hd ender, and stuncombo(tho bala already did a vid on that). Im guessing you need to do backdash TK dp for some of these, gonna hit up practice later and try them out.

Malik

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
  • Student of this game called life....
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: October 02, 2013, 06:52:30 PM »
So I've started playing Hwa more inspired by Zidane & Liston & I've gotta say, this character is still retarded & Top 3 for sure. I don't know why his popularity dropped but he's pretty fun & has plenty of options to deal with all sorts of situations. With nearly everything that he does being safe I'm surprised more defensive players aren't using him plus he has Kara CD (D~CD) which gives it even MORE range than it already has. Other than characters that do the same thing as him or play a range game he doesn't have many bad matchups (IMO Billy & Kim) but they are winnable.
"I used to be a christian then I met anime.. now i practice witchcraft and dark magics."
-Anony on Sankaku

Malik

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
  • Student of this game called life....
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: October 24, 2013, 03:45:38 PM »
"I used to be a christian then I met anime.. now i practice witchcraft and dark magics."
-Anony on Sankaku