Author Topic: EX Kyo (NESTS)  (Read 83971 times)

Proto Cloud

• Legendary Wolf
  • PRAISE THE SUN!
    • View Profile
Re: EX Kyo (NESTS)
« Reply #30 on: December 21, 2011, 06:19:06 AM »
He's definitely very solid and seems to be an amalgam of the different versions of Kyo. I'm still a bit disappointed he didn't turn out like EX Iori which pretty much has everything anyone liked from Iori. Otherwise we finally got the real Kyo back and can do rekka bypass combos again!

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
  • Even in the Darkness, Light Shines Through
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 21, 2011, 06:35:07 AM »
Well, I think he benefits from the XIII system a lot better than EX Iori.  EX Iori...it's pretty much the same Iori we've been playing for how long now?  Basically over a decade?  He has a couple new wrinkles...but it's still the same damn dude, still solid as hell, but yeah.

EX Kyo, his damage in the corner goes hard for cheap in the corner thanks to the XIII system.  It also makes his Rekkas even more deadly.  I just feel he gains a lot more for this system.
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

Aenthin

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
    • Fuck Yeah! Ash Crimson
« Reply #32 on: December 21, 2011, 11:22:06 AM »
It seems like RED Kick does less damage than before. I recommend checking out EX RED Kick as it actually has Kyo fly towards wherever the opponent is located. However, all 3 versions are NOT overheads (I knew the normal versions wouldn't be but the EX being overhead would be so much fun).

I KNEW IT!

powerfercs

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 21, 2011, 01:35:52 PM »
ATM XIII Kyo is top tier(according to top players) if you guys claim that EX Kyo is stronger SNK playmore just created the new Arcade K'. Anyways I prefer playing XIII Kyo though his rdp+K move is too BOSS but EX Kyo is also a choice for team B.

Ryujin

• Rising Dragon
  • Not going anywhere for a while? Use V-Slasher
    • View Profile
    • Fah-che-book
« Reply #34 on: December 21, 2011, 05:39:59 PM »
Got some time to play EX Kyo last night. Really enjoying the trial combo HD loop of starter -> BC -> cl.C, f+B, qcf+C, [qcf+A, qcf+C, hcb+C] x 3, Mu Shiki / qcf.D+D, Orochinagi. ALL THOSE REKKAS. I don't know if that's the optimal HD loop, but I'll gladly take ~560-620 for a 1 meter HD combo until people find better damage. Looking forward to see what develops in the coming weeks.

And wow, just saw some of the videos. EX R.E.D. Kick is faaaaaaast.
360: Ryujinflame, playing XIII
FB|Twitter

HalfEmpty

• Rising Dragon
  • I shall plague you forever
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #35 on: December 21, 2011, 05:46:51 PM »
Downloaded him and put him on one of my teams immediately last night. first thing I did was hit Trials, I usually pile through level 1-5 on any of my characters in 10 minutes or so, I ended up skpping 3 last night cuz I was too drunk to execute it w/o coming up with a  ;fd ;dn ;df ;c by accident x_x

QUESTION; anybody tried seeing if  his  ;df ;d is cancelable? good combo opportunities for regular Kyo, I couldn't seem to cancel it w/ him tho.

I'm sooo in there w/ this Kyo though. I'm a sucker for characters that take up new designs to advance the story and I thought Kyo comin back all godlike in '99 was sick.

----------
keep playing and keep thinking

Amedø310

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 21, 2011, 07:35:44 PM »
DP DC into Orochinagi input:  ;fd ;df ;dn ;db ;bk ;fd;a;c (DP),   ;bk ;db ;dn ;df ;fd+ ;a/ ;c (Orochinagi)
« Last Edit: December 21, 2011, 07:37:52 PM by AmedoS310 »

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 21, 2011, 07:36:57 PM »
No, unlike XIII Kyo, his df.D is not cancelable on any hits.  Pretty much just there to have an easy hitconfirm into HD.
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

Proto Cloud

• Legendary Wolf
  • PRAISE THE SUN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 21, 2011, 08:56:44 PM »
Well, I think he benefits from the XIII system a lot better than EX Iori.  EX Iori...it's pretty much the same Iori we've been playing for how long now?  Basically over a decade?  He has a couple new wrinkles...but it's still the same damn dude, still solid as hell, but yeah.

EX Kyo, his damage in the corner goes hard for cheap in the corner thanks to the XIII system.  It also makes his Rekkas even more deadly.  I just feel he gains a lot more for this system.

I'd be inclined to agree with you, but we'll see how he shapes up to be. My only bother is that he doesn't retain his 2k2 hcb+k moves. Other than, he's the Kyo I've known and loved and everyone else should too. I don't want new players to new players to come in without know the Kyo that has been a staple for over a decade.

I'm definitely digging the EX resets right now.

Mienaikage

• Rising Dragon
  • V-Slasher for Victory! ✌
    • View Profile
    • Homepage
« Reply #39 on: December 21, 2011, 09:00:32 PM »
DP DC into Orochinagi input:  ;fd ;df ;dn ;db ;bk ;fd;a;c (DP),   ;bk ;db ;dn ;df ;fd+ ;a/ ;c (Orochinagi)

I quite like this, I've been using  ;fd ;df ;dn ;db ;bk ;db ;dn ;df ;a/ ;c (DP) ;fd ;a/ ;c (Orochinagi) myself

Mazinkaiser

• Strongest Tiger
  • Debiru Mashin
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 21, 2011, 11:21:53 PM »

I quite like this, I've been using  ;fd ;df ;dn ;db ;bk ;db ;dn ;df ;a/ ;c (DP) ;fd ;a/ ;c (Orochinagi) myself

also:  ;fd ;db ;fd ;a/ ;c (dp) ;bk ;db ;dn ;df ;fd ;a/ ;c (orochinagi) works well :) i did the mission 10 with that shortcut hinted in K' thread (the one for dp, of course).

Mienaikage

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
    • Homepage
« Reply #41 on: December 21, 2011, 11:40:14 PM »
I've been reading through Saitsuofleaves' post and just have a couple things to add that aren't currently there:

[0 Drive, 0 Meter]

(corner) cr.B cr.B st.B xx QCF+B.B RDP+B (207, 33)

[0 Drive, 1 Meter]

cr.B cr.B st.B xx QCF+BD HCB+K (270, 15) Just 2 less damage than cr.B cr.B st.B xx QCFx2+P, but a lot harder to mess up.

(corner) cr.B cr.B st.B xx QCF+B.B QCBHCF+P (312, 23) Orochinagi needs to be done the very moment you land. And apparently you have to charge it for a split second too, timing is more strict than I thought, no wonder I thought it didn't work before O.o

[0 Drive, 2 Meter]

(corner) cr.B cr.B st.B xx QCF+B.B QCBHCF+AC (335, 23) Orochinagi needs to be done the very moment you land. As far as I can tell you can only land 2 of the 3 hits which is why the damage isn't that much better than 1 meter.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2011, 12:15:56 AM by Mienaikage »

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 21, 2011, 11:46:10 PM »
Yeah, I figured I was forgetting something, but after going through 40 or so combos...things slip your mind.  Hopefully someone can wean down my post and pick out the most viable BnB's we can and should use.

Also, I was gonna continue with more combos past that...but honestly, from what I can tell, EX Kyo's Damage increases very little past the 1 Drive, 1 Meter mark which means at that point, if you got the Drive, just go for HD combos if you want the damage.

Also, hopefully someone else can find the optimal HD loops, I'm terrible at finding those.  Right now I'm just doing his Trial Variation of QCF+C [HDC] {QCF+A [HD] QCF+C xx HCB+P}x3 into whatever I feel I have meter for.  I top out at like...700 for 3 meters...which isn't that great.

Mienaikage

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
    • Homepage
« Reply #43 on: December 22, 2011, 12:00:08 AM »
I found quite a nice loop with  ;fd ;dn ;df ;fd ;c ;c (DP/Rekka) repeatedly, but I have yet to incorporate it into a proper combo so I don't know how viable it is. Of course with that many cancels you're going to burn your drive out pretty quickly though.

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 22, 2011, 12:06:03 AM »
I'm really bad with those Drive Cancels though.