Author Topic: EX Kyo (NESTS)  (Read 83974 times)

Ky0

• Scion of Flame
  • MIJU KUMONO MEGA [Location]: Portugal
    • View Profile
Re: EX Kyo (NESTS)
« Reply #60 on: January 05, 2012, 09:04:13 PM »
Man, I'm really enjoying him ATM!!! That EX Ky0, is really good, more than I supposed... lol :p

How to do consistently, his HCB+K DC into Rekka??
I try it, in all ways, but that makes HCB+K DC Orochinagi all times!! :/

KoF 4 EVA

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
  • Even in the Darkness, Light Shines Through
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 05, 2012, 09:18:26 PM »
I guess try to make sure you don't do a HCF on the way back for rekka.  Return the stick to neutral, then do rekkas.
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

Ky0

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 05, 2012, 09:23:12 PM »
also tried! doesnt work! have no idea, how to do that shit!

KoF 4 EVA

THE ANSWER

• Legendary Wolf
  • I AM THE ANSWER
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 05, 2012, 09:49:18 PM »
For those of you who missed my stream last night, I demonstrated a new bug/technology that I found a few days ago.

Pretty much if you max Cancel to his NeoMax he gets special any where juggle properties on his Neo Max so it will connect in any situation.

The easiest way to test this is activate Hyper Drive Mode, jump and hit your opponent with CD (No Counter hit needed) then before they hit the ground do Orochinagi and right away Max Cancel it into Neo Max, the Neo Max will connect all the time.

P.S. Kula can also do this but that's for her thread.
@theanswerkof
twitch.tv/theanswerkof

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 05, 2012, 09:51:29 PM »
You had a stream last night?  Damn, must have forgot.

And Ky0, why do you even want to do HCB+K into Rekkas anyway?
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

Proto Cloud

• Legendary Wolf
  • PRAISE THE SUN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 05, 2012, 10:15:36 PM »
I guess try to make sure you don't do a HCF on the way back for rekka.  Return the stick to neutral, then do rekkas.

You forget that KOF doesn't need diagonals to register a special input.

The best way to do it is to wait, because it takes time for him to go into the second hit of his HCB+K anyway. If you do it too quickly it will count as an ON.

But I understand where he's coming from, I do a BC bypass with EX Kyo doing that.

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 05, 2012, 10:55:18 PM »
Alright, fair enough. 

oricon

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 05, 2012, 11:44:27 PM »
Can anyone test a combo not at home for a while how much damage does  ;fd ;b xx HD mode activate  ;st ;c ;fd ;b then repeatedly HD cancel  ;c version of rekka into  ;c version of his dp repeatedly then finish it off with Mushiki into max cancel DM.

Edit: use  ;fd ;c as a shortcut after each DP for the rekka to come out.

Mienaikage

• Rising Dragon
  • V-Slasher for Victory! ✌
    • View Profile
    • Homepage
« Reply #68 on: January 06, 2012, 01:07:29 AM »
Can anyone test a combo not at home for a while how much damage does  ;fd ;b xx HD mode activate  ;st ;c ;fd ;b then repeatedly HD cancel  ;c version of rekka into  ;c version of his dp repeatedly then finish it off with Mushiki into max cancel DM.

Edit: use  ;fd ;c as a shortcut after each DP for the rekka to come out.

Don't know exactly, but I put an almost identical combo on the last page using ;d instead of ;c, ;fd ;b. Most I got when starting with the Rekka was 829. Starting with the DP was 840.

http://dreamcancel.com/forum/index.php?topic=1657.msg41036#msg41036

Ky0

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 06, 2012, 01:14:55 AM »
And Ky0, why do you even want to do HCB+K into Rekkas anyway?
lol

yeah, @Proto Cloud, bypass is very useful :)

btw, last time when i tried that EXOrochinagi into MaxCancel, only that does more than 820 dmg!... lol

I think he takes in general, more damage than EXIori...

Edit: Ok, answering my self...
To do HCB+K DC into Rekka u must time a little bit before doing the Rekka and carefully to do just  ;dn ;df+P (not  ;dn ;df ;fd+P) and it works fine!
« Last Edit: January 07, 2012, 12:20:56 AM by Ky0 »

KoF 4 EVA

Rex Dart

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 08, 2012, 01:49:44 AM »
I'm also really enjoying NESTS Kyo. Much more so than I was expecting. Some of his normals seem better than vanilla Kyo's, but that might be my imagination. Anyone else think so?

Right now, I'm running him first, and that's been working well for me. He builds meter really quickly, and I hardly ever use it with him.

Of course, that's also my main problem with him. I really don't know what to do with my meter. The only one meter / 50% drive combo that seems worth it is the EX rekkas (DC) qcf+D,D -> rekka corner juggle.

Typically, I don't like to use HD combos with my first character, as I want my later characters to have a headstart in that regard.

Anyone have any advice on some damaging 1~3 meter non-HD combos?

CrazyI505

• New Challenger
  • Time to Fight!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: January 10, 2012, 10:38:27 PM »
Man EX Kyo hits really hard and his combos are great. How does anyone feel about putting him as your last character on any team?
Always looking for a new Challenge.

Matt Alder

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: January 10, 2012, 10:51:46 PM »
If you're going to put EX Kyo on as anchor you'll most likely be blowing all of your meter during HD combos. His EXDM-> NeoMax is absurdly high damage for no work at all. d/f+D (2 hits to confirm), qcb,hcf+ABC (HD bypass EXDM), NeoMax is around 900 damage... I'll be able to tell you the exact number once he's released later today and I have time to mess around with him in training mode. Mostly he seems like a strong first and a decent second... and if you want him on 3rd you're basically putting all of your eggs in the HD Combo basket. That's a fine thing to do, but just saying... he doesn't get a whole lot of new tools from meter aside from high damage HD combos and a sweet gap closer with EX RED Kick. One nice thing about having him as anchor is that he can build meter well, so if you have to go through two of your opponent's characters he won't run out of steam like many other anchors.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2012, 10:53:28 PM by Matt Alder »

Blake/White

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: January 11, 2012, 05:02:51 AM »
Messed around with this character a little bit. Great damage potential. I would agree with the sentiment of putting him first. Typically, it seems more important to preserve stock as opposed to Drive, and Drive generally doesn't grant extra options, just more damage. As such, when building your team, it is better to put characters who don't make use of a lot of stock in front while putting characters who gain options or new combo pathways with stock in the rear. EX Kyo really only uses stock to increase his damage, while he makes great use of Drive cancels to extend combos and build extra stock (another good reason to put characters who utilize Drive cancels well in front, they build way more meter). His no stock combos deal very respectable damage, especially once Drive comes into play.

His HD combos with stock do murderous damage, but I don't like anchors who are overly reliant on HD as their selling point. It just feels like you are limiting yourself because you will be hunting for the HD starter, which may make you more predictable.

Matt Alder

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: January 11, 2012, 07:31:05 AM »
Messed around with this character a little bit. Great damage potential. I would agree with the sentiment of putting him first. Typically, it seems more important to preserve stock as opposed to Drive, and Drive generally doesn't grant extra options, just more damage. As such, when building your team, it is better to put characters who don't make use of a lot of stock in front while putting characters who gain options or new combo pathways with stock in the rear. EX Kyo really only uses stock to increase his damage, while he makes great use of Drive cancels to extend combos and build extra stock (another good reason to put characters who utilize Drive cancels well in front, they build way more meter). His no stock combos deal very respectable damage, especially once Drive comes into play.

His HD combos with stock do murderous damage, but I don't like anchors who are overly reliant on HD as their selling point. It just feels like you are limiting yourself because you will be hunting for the HD starter, which may make you more predictable.
Yeah, I strongly agree with all of your points, and right now I'm really torn. I really love having Andy on point, but I'm also really loving EX Kyo. I feel like both of them are a little bit put to waste on 2nd or 3rd since their major selling points are high meterless damage and a great ability to control the momentum of the match without using any drive or meter to corner people or get knockdowns.