Author Topic: King (Console)  (Read 64002 times)

OCV|Gilgamesh

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
Re: King (Console)
« Reply #15 on: December 22, 2011, 01:13:59 AM »
kupô

i have hard time to deal with these character Mai/Leona/Iori

can you give me some advices to kill theme

Mai - good zoning with normal,the threat of NeoMAX,very nice air play :-(
Leona - same as Mai with V-Slasher, mix with hop+CD>d.B again and again......
Iori - Crossp b.B, jump B/D, and the normal Iori stuffs

thanks kupô ^0^

Qpunch

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 26, 2011, 11:55:11 PM »
How meter dependent would you say King is? I'm considering replacing Kensou with her instead.
MBAA: C-Wara, CWLen, C-Aoko, C-VAkiha
KOFXIII: Kula, Vice, Iori, Mai
GG: I-no, A.B.A
Umineko: Eva Beatrice, Lucifer
BB:Hazama
IaMP: Patchouli, Sakuya

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
  • Even in the Darkness, Light Shines Through
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 27, 2011, 12:14:01 AM »
Well if you want her to have any sort of dependable reversal or invincible move...she would need the meter.  I mean, you can run her on point and she'll be somewhat fine, but then if she gets put in the corner without meter, she's completely muffed.
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

Qpunch

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 28, 2011, 02:53:05 AM »
I was gonna place her as my 2nd character.
MBAA: C-Wara, CWLen, C-Aoko, C-VAkiha
KOFXIII: Kula, Vice, Iori, Mai
GG: I-no, A.B.A
Umineko: Eva Beatrice, Lucifer
BB:Hazama
IaMP: Patchouli, Sakuya

OCV|Gilgamesh

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 28, 2011, 12:57:41 PM »
kupô

what is the best combo in midscreen with full drive & 2~3 meters ?

thanks

GO4PRO

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 31, 2011, 07:33:00 AM »
Probably something like

(jump attack) cl.D/C, df.D, HD, cl.D/C, df.D, hcb D(2 hit), (HDC) qcf B+D, (run up a little), [dp B, (HDC) hcb B]x3, hcb D, qcf qcf A+C

If you do cl.C instead of cl.D you'll get 10 more damage. 805 with the jump in attack
« Last Edit: December 31, 2011, 09:39:27 PM by GO4PRO »

Ryujin

• Rising Dragon
  • Not going anywhere for a while? Use V-Slasher
    • View Profile
    • Fah-che-book
« Reply #21 on: December 31, 2011, 09:14:16 PM »
Probably something like

(jump attack) cl.D/C, df.D, HD, cl.D/C, df.D, hcb D(2 hit), (HDC) qcf A+C, (run up a little), [dp B, (HDC) hcb B]x3, hcb D, qcf qcf A+C

If you do cl.C instead of cl.D you'll get 10 more damage. 805 with the jump in attack

To add to this, ideally you want the opponent at the wall by the time you do the qcf+BD, otherwise you'll get pushed too far away to run up and follow with the dp+B. Works up to around the center of the stage.

I think you get a little more damage too if you omit the first df.D? I don't remember for sure.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2012, 12:33:58 AM by Ryujin »
360: Ryujinflame, playing XIII
FB|Twitter

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
  • Even in the Darkness, Light Shines Through
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 31, 2011, 09:18:12 PM »
Uh...isn't Venom Strike QCF+K?  She doesn't have a QCF+P move to my knowledge outside of QCFx2+P for Surprise Rose.
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

GO4PRO

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 31, 2011, 09:39:11 PM »
Yeah that's what I meant. My bad.

Blackout2021

• New Challenger
  • Fraud of fighters
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 02, 2012, 03:30:13 AM »
Hey guys I need a little help. I'm on King's trial 6 and I can't for the life of me get the first trap shot to connect after the light venom strike. What is the timing on this thing?

Joe

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 02, 2012, 07:21:28 AM »
Is it possible to land a Tornado Kick after something like df+D>Double Strike? I saw it somewhere but I haven't gotten it to work, and the video may have been oldish.

FataCon

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 02, 2012, 08:00:30 AM »
Hey guys I need a little help. I'm on King's trial 6 and I can't for the life of me get the first trap shot to connect after the light venom strike. What is the timing on this thing?

Make sure you're delaying the EX Venom Strike after the df+D. It sets up the perfect range for the Venom Strike into Trap Shot juggle. I don't really have an exact explanation for it since I go by visual cue. You should be right at the edge of Trap Shot's range. If you cancel the df+D early, you'll be out of Trap Shot range. If you cancel late, you'll be very close to the opponent's body, but the Trap Shot won't trigger for some reason. Once you get it the first time, you'll know what I mean.

Is it possible to land a Tornado Kick after something like df+D>Double Strike? I saw it somewhere but I haven't gotten it to work, and the video may have been oldish.

It has to be a D Tornado Kick. Although, it doesn't work off of df+D>Double Strike. Generally, it'll only work if you use Double Strike to juggle. The only exception I've found is if you use Double Strike raw and the opponent in the corner, due to the distancing.

Joe

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 04, 2012, 07:12:49 AM »
Ah, the video I saw had j.C>cr.C>HD>cr.C>df+D>Double Strike, would that make any difference? Or just does it not work off of the slide at all anymore?

There was another combo I had trouble with, but I'll have to pop in the game to see what the combo is and where the trouble lies (I think its similar to what the other guy had, but in an HD combo).
« Last Edit: January 04, 2012, 07:15:09 AM by Joe »

dicky

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
    • Game Over Damage
« Reply #28 on: January 09, 2012, 10:01:38 PM »
How meter dependent would you say King is? I'm considering replacing Kensou with her instead.

I don't have much experience with fighting games, but I've found that King doesn't really use up all that much meter. A lot of the time I just use her as a battery.
Stupid sexy Ash...

Skill level: Huge noob

KingofSarus

• New Challenger
  • B. Jenet for XIII!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 19, 2012, 09:06:03 PM »
I am having the biggest problem connecting her Surprise Rose and Double Strike right now during long combos.

Any tips & tricks?