Author Topic: Mai Shiranui (Console)  (Read 93363 times)

hiltzy85

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
Re: Mai Shiranui (Console)
« Reply #60 on: February 01, 2012, 08:06:30 PM »
thanks.  I had been struggling with figuring out what to do at the end of that particular HD combo, and been flip-flopping between qcb+C twice and then air throw (does i think 622 with no jump in) or qcb+C three times and then d~u+A(tap) to get myself away from them and build a little bit more meter (does like 618).

The jump away with d~u+A is kind of cool, but at the same time, I don't really want to be letting them out of the corner with Mai a lot of the time.  I guess it might be an ok set up for me to do a qcf+A or a hyperhop CD or something, but it is mostly just a weird gimmick that builds a tiny bit of extra meter.  If I can manage to get the cr.C at the end of the combo, that'd probably be better.
Former Semi-Serious MK9 player, Mediocre T6 player, maybe one day I'll be a Mediocre KOF XIII player, too

Shiranui_ninja

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 03, 2012, 03:12:29 PM »
Havent seen this simple Combo listed :

(cl/cr. C or cl. D)  hcf D, on last hit DC, air qcb A+C, Airthrow   = 328 Damage. Works anywhere on the screen. Damage not very good but might be abe to set up post Airthrow safe jumps/cross ups w/ Super jump)?
Because you didn't read my post T__T Is one of the DC combos I use more :D  It can be started with crB, A, and hcf+B too
PSN: Shiranui_ninja
KOF XIII main team: Mai/King/Mature

hiltzy85

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 06, 2012, 06:39:32 PM »
I would imagine that the combo you listed carries them most of the way across the screen, too, so it's good for that.  After the hcf+D [DC] air qcb+AC, can you hit another hcf+D to take them all the way into the corner, or does it come out too slowly?
Former Semi-Serious MK9 player, Mediocre T6 player, maybe one day I'll be a Mediocre KOF XIII player, too

t3h mAsTarOth...!

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 28, 2012, 03:57:36 AM »
After the hcf+D [DC] air qcb+AC you can hcf+B to take them to the corner... Just to let you know... Mai's damage isn't worth being scared of unless she lands an HD combo on you... DC-ing with her isn't worth it unless you are gonna finish the round... She's my second now...
« Last Edit: February 29, 2012, 08:25:12 PM by t3h mAsTarOth...! »
KOFXIII - Raiden, Billy, Mai, Karate, Kim, Ralf, Ryo, Robert

SC 1-5 - Astaroth

SaMsTarOth t3h mAsTarOth of AsTarOth...!

hiltzy85

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 28, 2012, 05:57:21 AM »

HD, s.D, hcf+D *2 hits*, DC, air qcb+C, hcf+D *2 hits*, DC, qcb+C, hcf+B *1 hit*, DC, qcb+A, hcf+D *2 hits*, DC, qcb+C, hcf+D *2 hits*, DC, Neomax...

I'm pretty sure that this combo is pretty close to the max damage you can get with her for 2 stocks...I think if you start it with j.C, cr.C [HD], it does a bit over 800

t3h mAsTarOth...!

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 28, 2012, 07:25:00 AM »
Sorry made a small mistake... It's hcf+D *3 hits* at the end... and yes the second one does a bit more...

HD, s.B, s.D, hcf+D *2 hits*, DC, air qcb+C, hcf+D *1 hit*, DC, qcf+A, qcb+C, hcf+D *2 hits*, DC, qcb+C, hcf+D *3 hits*, DC, Neomax...

HD, s.D, hcf+D *2 hits*, DC, air qcb+C, hcf+D *2 hits*, DC, qcb+C, hcf+B *1 hit*, DC, qcb+A, hcf+D *2 hits*, DC, qcb+C, hcf+D *3 hits*, DC, Neomax...

SC 1-5 - Astaroth

t3h mAsTarOth...!

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 07, 2012, 08:30:50 AM »
Found a cool hit confirm for Neomax mid-screen...  s.C+D, qcf+C... If s.C+D hits on counter hit then the qcf+C will combo at all ranges... You have plenty of time to hit confirm this into Neomax... It does 555 dmg... The string is also completely safe...

SC 1-5 - Astaroth

Qpunch

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 09, 2012, 05:23:35 AM »
Hey, what's up!

I recently tried Mai out and decided to stick with her. Yesterday I made my own combo and wanna know if this is a good BnB to use. It uses HD Mode.

c.LK c.LK LK HK HD HK 41236+K 214+P Air Grab.

How useful would this be for a mai in the 2nd team spot.
MBAA: C-Wara, CWLen, C-Aoko, C-VAkiha
KOFXIII: Kula, Vice, Iori, Mai
GG: I-no, A.B.A
Umineko: Eva Beatrice, Lucifer
BB:Hazama
IaMP: Patchouli, Sakuya

t3h mAsTarOth...!

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 09, 2012, 04:15:05 PM »
Hey, what's up!

I recently tried Mai out and decided to stick with her. Yesterday I made my own combo and wanna know if this is a good BnB to use. It uses HD Mode.

Why would you waste HD by doing that...? Do not waste HD with Mai Unless you have either 0 or 2 bars... Her 0 bar HD does 500ish mid-screen and 640ish in the corner... With 2 bars she does 600ish mid-screen and 800ish in the corner...

SC 1-5 - Astaroth

Diavle

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 09, 2012, 07:37:07 PM »
Hey, what's up!

Forget about "214+P Air Grab" and just supercancel the 41236+K into the neomax. Easy and does almost 60% damage. Works anywhere on the screen.

hiltzy85

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 09, 2012, 07:45:13 PM »
Yeah, pretty much if you're going to use Mai, don't both using HD unless you're going to take the time to learn the timing on her 41236+HK (HDC) 214+HP loop-style combos in the corner.  They really aren't difficult once you get the hang of it.  Try out her trials 9 and 10, I believe they are good examples that loop.

By the way, is there any sort of consensus on her "ideal" 2 meter HD combo?  The best I can get is 822 in the corner, which is j.C, cr.C [HD] s.D, hcf+D (2 hits) [HDC] qcb+C (air), hcf+D (2 hits) [HDC] qcb+C, hcf+B [HDC] qcb+A, hcf+D (2 hits) [HDC] qcb+C, hcf+D (3 hits) [HDC] qcf hcb+AC.  I think this one is pretty common, and I can't figure out any way to make it better...
« Last Edit: March 09, 2012, 07:49:16 PM by hiltzy85 »

t3h mAsTarOth...!

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 10, 2012, 03:51:19 PM »
So far that's the best one... I posted above in this page of the two HD combos that I use... I personally prefer the first one I posted...

If you are going to HD mid-screen for 2 meters then just do HD, s.B, s.D, hcf+D, qcb+C, qcf+A, Neomax...

SC 1-5 - Astaroth

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 11, 2012, 02:43:55 AM »
Dumb question: What is the point of her ABC target combo? From what I've found you can't link into any Supers or Specials, but I'm going to assume you can cancel into HD mode and do whatever. I just don't get why they gave her a target combo that can't be traditionally followed up.
Team: Billy, Clark, Hwa.

Zeromurasame

• New Challenger
  • Ehh
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 11, 2012, 12:54:50 PM »
From what I've seen it's mainly utilized for an HD hit confirm.

t3h mAsTarOth...!

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 12, 2012, 01:40:29 AM »
Dumb question: What is the point of her ABC target combo? From what I've found you can't link into any Supers or Specials, but I'm going to assume you can cancel into HD mode and do whatever. I just don't get why they gave her a target combo that can't be traditionally followed up.
You mean s.B, s.D? It's super safe... Yes it would be awesome if you could cancel into specials from it... The main point of it is to confirm into HD... Most of the time I actually just use cr.B, cr.B, s.B, s.D instead of cr.B, cr.B, s.A, hcf+B cause it does the same damage... Only time I really go for the second one is when i cancel into hcf+BD to take them to the corner or qcb+AC when they are in the corner...

SC 1-5 - Astaroth