Author Topic: Mai Shiranui (Console)  (Read 93323 times)

t3h mAsTarOth...!

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: Mai Shiranui (Console)
« Reply #120 on: June 12, 2012, 04:25:55 AM »
After a lot of testing for corner counter hit s.C+D follow ups, these seem to be the most reliable and consistent... If the first qcf+A connects then the rest will always work no matter the range... Also in the corner s.C+D, qcf+A can't be jumped out of... If they try to jump it then they will get hit and Mai can link s.D into an HD combo...

s.C+D, qcf+A, qcb+A, qcb+C, qcb+C, air throw = 450 dmg (0 meter)

s.C+D, qcf+A, qcb+A, qcb+C, qcb+C, qcb+C, DC, qcf+A, qcb+C, air throw = 541 dmg (0 meter + 1 drive)

s.C+D, qcf+A, qcf+A, qcf+AC, qcb+C, qcb+C, qcb+C, DC, qcf+A, qcb+C, air throw = 612 dmg (1 meter + 1 drive)
« Last Edit: June 13, 2012, 12:58:48 PM by t3h mAsTarOth...! »
KOFXIII - Raiden, Billy, Mai, Karate, Kim, Ralf, Ryo, Robert

SC 1-5 - Astaroth

SaMsTarOth t3h mAsTarOth of AsTarOth...!

Amedø310

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: June 21, 2012, 11:25:40 PM »
I don't know if this was mention, but Mai's qcb+A can become +1 or +2 on block if the last tip of the move is blocked. It's works the same way as K''s qcf+C, Claw Iori's qcb+C and XIII Kyo's qcf+B in the similar's situations. So far,  I've only been able to make the move work with frame advantage by doing it immediately after hcf+B, neaer the corner, while the oppoent quick rises/ recovery roll. I'm not sure how useful this can be, but i thought it was something that should be known.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2012, 11:50:28 PM by AmedoS310 »

Sprint

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: June 28, 2012, 03:13:35 PM »
Just been messing around with the corner crossup and realised if you time it properly, you can do this:

Corner throw > Dash jump LK (dash immediately and very slightly delay the jump)
- If timed properly, you can hit with a safe(?) crossup jump LK before landing.
- If done a fraction later, it hits from the front instead.

Good luck blocking something when even I don't know where it's going to hit.

t3h mAsTarOth...!

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: June 29, 2012, 03:25:35 AM »
Ya that's been mentioned before... It's really good against wake ups... I've baited Shen's CABC and punished him... Sometimes i'll just roll... It gives you the same mix-up but it's susceptible to wake up command throws... What is best is after someone knows about the mix-up they tend to try to roll out on wake up... I'll do the cross-up a couple times... Then they will want to roll back... Then i'll intentionally not cross-up... Then they roll themselves into the cornr and i get a full corner HD...

SC 1-5 - Astaroth

NeoTrinity

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: July 02, 2012, 07:41:23 AM »
So I've decided to add Mai to my arsenal of characters.  My question is as a beginning Mai player, what are some things I need to familiarize myself with?  I am already familiar with the game and consider myself Adept in it, so I don't need help with Ultra basic things.  Thanks.

SN: I kind of find myself trying to master the Cr.  ;b -> Cr.  ;a -> Cr.  ;c link.  I like the feel of it and it nets good damage if I can consistently hit confirm it in to Hcf. ;d.  Just wondering it mastering that link is imperative, especially since I've seen it miss due to spacing.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2012, 07:56:34 AM by NeoTrinity »

t3h mAsTarOth...!

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: July 02, 2012, 04:39:02 PM »
Dont bother... It's a one frame link... cr.B, cr.B, s.A and cr.B, s.B, s.D are your hit confirms... They are consistent and you will never drop them... To learn her, learn how to use all her normals first... She heavily relies on them in every match-up... Also dont waste drive with her... She should only waste drive on HD... Learn the different FB usage... As they will help you with your spacing... Also keep things simple mid-screen... She only lands damage in the corner...

SC 1-5 - Astaroth

NeoTrinity

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: July 08, 2012, 02:56:46 AM »
Okay so I took her in a set locally and it did not go so well(Naturally as it being my first time using her in a real match).  My opponent ran Andy/Iori/Benimaru in that order while I ran Mai/Mature/Vice(three characters I'm currently in the process of learning) and it took all I had to get past Andy.  I managed to land a couple HD combos when I could but for the most part she died and my Mature and Vice had to clean up.  

So a couple more questions.   What are a few of her mixups?  I hit him with that knee drop a couple times as well as a few empty hop lows/grabs.  I found myself abusing Mai's ground CD alot as it goes over lows, and all Andy does is Cr.  ;b xx Elbow.  Is this recommended?  Also is there a specific way to time her EX Ryuu Enbu combo to where I'll always get the 3 following Ryuu Enbus.  I'm starting to get the hang of it but I drop it more often than hit.  And getting the air throw at the end, should I get 3 Ryuu Enbus, seems f*$king impossible atm.   :(

I'm really trying to learn this character but I'm starting to see that she is pretty damn difficult(And I thought that I had it bad with Leona being on my main squad).  I'm not going to drop her but I'm kinda trying to get her up to speed with my Mature and Vice so I can learn all three together without one being too much dead weight.  Thanks!

t3h mAsTarOth...!

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: July 08, 2012, 09:01:42 PM »
It's alright if you do terrible at first playing her... She plays differently than most of the cast... Her jump arc also needs time for adjustment... You also can't do high/low mix-ups regularly because her jump arc is too easy to react to... Also against grapplers you can't do knee drop mix-ups or air qcb+C recklessly because they can always punish you with 1 frame command grabs...

Also for her qcb+AC combo in th corner, just do two ryuenbus... Don't bother with stuff that are too hard and only nets you small rewards... It's better to land solid damage than to chance messing up... Mainly she just pokes from close/mid range and runs away when pressured... Also her meta game changes if you play her as battery or second... As second i am more aggressive with her cause i'm trying to push them near the corner so i can land a damaging HD... As battery you wanna play more of a footsie game and build meter...
« Last Edit: July 08, 2012, 09:05:02 PM by t3h mAsTarOth...! »

SC 1-5 - Astaroth

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: July 20, 2012, 04:37:57 AM »
How do you cancel qcb + p  into hcf + k without pulling the dm?

Waifu Material

Great_Dark_Hero

• Scion of Flame
  • Lame puns are long gone
    • View Profile
    • Techno Panic Fighting Game Project
« Reply #129 on: July 22, 2012, 09:44:22 PM »
How do you cancel qcb + p  into hcf + k without pulling the dm?

When you using Mai's Ryuuenbuu, leave the control stick neutral immediately afterwards and then quickly (I mean SUPER quickly) input the command notations (HCF + K). You need to be quick on this so be careful.
QCB + P > slight delay > and then QUICKLY input the HCF + K to put the finish on your combo and you will be succesfful!

Great_Dark_Hero

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: July 22, 2012, 09:48:14 PM »
I notice that a lot of people do not utilize Mai's ground Musasabi too much. So if it is permitted here, I will post a video tutorial on the ground Musasabi no Mai - Mai herself will guide you through it...!  ;)

KOF XIII - Mai Shiranui - Musasabi no Mai - Combo starters and movement

There might be some more good information here for everyone here too so feel free to check it out.
Source: http://orochinagi.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=78&t=2851&sid=f8918eed32731c8e34df14a0e790860c

I am also building a thread discussion on Mai here on SRK for those who are interested - if there are any discrepancies please inform me so that we can make the follow corrections:  http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.php?threads/kof-xiii-mai-shiranui.161286/
« Last Edit: July 22, 2012, 09:55:59 PM by Great_Dark_Hero »

Glenburg89

• New Challenger
  • Future KOF XIII Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: July 22, 2012, 10:01:05 PM »
Thanks for posting that video, GDH.
I'm gonna spend some time messing around with that.

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: July 25, 2012, 06:24:57 PM »
Not a big fan of those combos, since it's incredible hard to see an skilled opponent eating that fan, now if you could work that into some kind of 50/50 could be awesome

Waifu Material

choysauce

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: July 26, 2012, 01:43:01 AM »
Just been messing around with the corner crossup and realised if you time it properly, you can do this:

Corner throw > Dash jump LK (dash immediately and very slightly delay the jump)
- If timed properly, you can hit with a safe(?) crossup jump LK before landing.
- If done a fraction later, it hits from the front instead.

Good luck blocking something when even I don't know where it's going to hit.

what could you do besides HD after crossing them up in the corner? i know by establishing that mixup you can keep them in the corner to get the big damage

but what would you do for a followup after actually crossing them up since her midscreen dmg is so ass?

*edit*

thinking about it, i would probably save this mixup for an early character kill. and what do u guys think of using her wall cling move after crossing up after doing a cr.B, cr.B, cr.A? not worth it to keep them closer to the corner?
« Last Edit: July 26, 2012, 01:47:46 AM by choysauce »

Great_Dark_Hero

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: July 26, 2012, 10:30:04 AM »
Not a big fan of those combos, since it's incredible hard to see an skilled opponent eating that fan, now if you could work that into some kind of 50/50 could be awesome

Those are just samples of what she can do when the time comes. Should there be another skilled opponent, the player will just have to plan carefully and buffer the ground Musasabi in case she needs to change positions or attack from certain angle.