Author Topic: Mai Shiranui (Console)  (Read 93329 times)

Great_Dark_Hero

• Scion of Flame
  • Lame puns are long gone
    • View Profile
    • Techno Panic Fighting Game Project
Re: Mai Shiranui (Console)
« Reply #195 on: August 06, 2013, 04:59:07 PM »
Woo apparently IS known for having a competent Mai. A rather passive aggressive/smart Mai at that. Japanese are known for playing a little more passively than... say U.S. or Mexico for instance.
[spoiler] http://www.youtube.com/embed/uwe9Z7K4A4c?feature=oembed [/spoiler]
Woo's Mai seems to utilize a basic air mix ups and hit confirms. Uses st.B as a method of stopping hop pressure from EX Kyo.
Woo also plays Mai as an anchor - hence he will usually have around 1 or 2 meters leftover if the second character is KO'd. He will frequenly make use of wall jumps, NOT so much as to get out of pressure but to attempt another form of offensive
(POST wall jump, j.d.B Ukihane, then air qcb+P. j.d.B Ukihane into qcb+P is NOT a natural block string even if you use the EX version. The EX version is safe on block - The regular air qcb+P is only safe if you aim towards the opponents legs, so the Mai would probably best go with air qcb+A (light punch version). j.d.B used in FRONT of the opponent will cause the opponent to be pushed back a further distance. Just enough for her to be safe... (safer).
Woo will also press a button while being further away from Reynald (something you might see in a CVS2 match up) to draw out a mistake on the opponent behalf.
Mai appears at 8:25, 20:49, and 41:42. Pay attention to how Woo plays her. His play style matches the general consensus of Japanese KOF game play.

Great_Dark_Hero

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: August 07, 2013, 08:21:17 PM »
Luffy's Mai is back with a vengeance! Versus Dojo - Summer Ranbat!
KOF XIII - Versus Dojo - Summer Ran'Bat #2 1/8 Finals - Gwak.fr | JPK VS WDM | Luffy

Great_Dark_Hero

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: August 25, 2013, 06:52:12 PM »
Discovered some new Mai technology:
Shout outs to MKSWOLF.
KOFXIII Mai Shiranui Cross Up Tech

Also, this is my signature corner HD combo:
KOFXIII Mai Shiranui - Signature GDH 2 Bar HD Combo

Hyun Sai

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: August 25, 2013, 07:46:05 PM »
As requested by GDH, I post this here.

Heeh, I just put this online this morning, not the same starting move though. The non crossup (with the b hisatsu) is safe on block too ^^

Mai mix up

By the way, you can also do it after a simple jump CD on a grounded opponent. Timing is the only problem.

t3h mAsTarOth...!

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: August 27, 2013, 07:08:25 PM »
That's pretty sweet... Btw have you guys been practicing her corner 1 frame link combo? Her damage is really high if you can do it consistently... With practice I believe its possible to hit confirm d.C as I've seen the Japanese do so with her...

(0 bar + 1 drive) j.C, s.C, qcf+A, d+C (hit confirm), hcf+D, DC, qcb+C, qcb+C, air-throw = 504 dmg

(1 bar + 0 drive) j.C, s.C, qcf+A, s.A, qcb+AC, qcb+C, qcb+C, air-throw = 502 dmg

(2 bar + 1 drive) j.C, s.C, qcf+A, d+C (hit confirm), hcf+D, DC, qcb+C, TK EX DM, qcb+C, air-throw = 609 dmg

Also I found pretty good ways to carry pretty much full screen with her HD with 1 bar... (of course she can carry full screen if you don't have any bar...but if you do then it is pretty hard not to get accidental DMs)

j.C, cr.B, s.B, s.D, HD, s.D, hcf+D, DC, qcb+C, DC, hcf+D, DC, qcb+AC, hcf+D, DC, qcb+C, hcf+B, DC, qcb+A, hcf+D, Neomax (carrys pretty much full screen)

Also if you are about 70% screen away then this combo is easier...

j.C, cr.B, s.B, s.D, HD, s.D, hcf+D, DC, qcb+AC, hcf+D, DC, qcb+C, hcf+B, DC, qcb+A, hcf+D, DC, qcb+C, hcf+D, Neomax
KOFXIII - Raiden, Billy, Mai, Karate, Kim, Ralf, Ryo, Robert

SC 1-5 - Astaroth

SaMsTarOth t3h mAsTarOth of AsTarOth...!

Great_Dark_Hero

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: September 17, 2013, 06:16:22 PM »
^ Those are some sweet combos.

I've been watching the KOF SE Edition on stream quite a bit. I haven't actually gotten around to playing online as of yet.
I've been noticing that the majority of Mai players really enjoy using her hcf+K for some reason.... I wouldn't mind if it was the EX version but... if a player is going to use Mai's hcf+K, then they need to atleast hit confirm into it. Otherwise, they should only go for QCB+A instead. Soft knockdown, low invincibility, a good combo ender at a distance, and safer (The first hit of QCB+C will whiff at certain distance, which is why I use QCB+A a lot instead to avoid that issue. Only use QCB+C when you're completely in the opponents face during the combo).

To speak a little more about those combos, Mai's mid/almost full screen wall carry combo will usually require her to use one bar (either her EX QCB+P or her EX air QCB+P).   
I like how Mai's options are generally safer when she uses meter for EX moves.

Keep in mind that when you guys use d~charge~uf/ub+P, Mai will build meter, as demonstrated on the last combo video posted here.

t3h mAsTarOth...!

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: September 18, 2013, 07:23:25 AM »

SC 1-5 - Astaroth

marchefelix

• Legendary Wolf
  • X A N A D U
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: September 22, 2013, 07:13:42 AM »

Great_Dark_Hero

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: September 22, 2013, 12:27:15 PM »
Thank you for posting that HD combo video, t3h mAsTarOth...!
That HCF+D [HDC] QCB+C loop is a bit difficult at first but it will really help Mai's offensive mid screen damage output with HD mode.

@marchefelix...
Ah yes. Thank you for posting that video. Apparently, Mai's damage output is a lot better if you can link into her standing A or her crouching C consistently after scoring a QCF+A up close in the corner. Those links are so good if the player can get them down. I'm in the process of trying to implement such a link for starting HD combo, or after confirming into a HD mode and then using the link within the corner.

t3h mAsTarOth...!

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: September 23, 2013, 09:05:08 PM »
The trick to doing that near full screen HD is "hcf+D~qcb+C" really fast... Then delay a little bit before inputting the second hcf+D... So wait a little bit and then quickly input hcf+D~qcb...but don't press A+C or you will get a Neomax instead... Then when the next hcf+D connects, press A+C and you'll get the drive cancel... The rest is easy...

SC 1-5 - Astaroth

210 Nem

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: October 22, 2013, 05:06:03 PM »
Mai's QCB+A move has lower invincibility? I've been using CD to hit lows, but if qcb+a has that as a legitimate wake up option if I know the opponent will go low then I haven't been using her to the fullest extent. Need to start mixing that in, along with her super to punish things like blocked rekka.

Great_Dark_Hero

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: October 24, 2013, 05:28:28 PM »
Short term Mai combo:
KOFXIII Mai Shiranui 2 Bar HD Corner Carry Combo

Shout outs to t3h mAsTarOth...!

Dark Chaotix

• Strongest Tiger
  • The Devil Of Dream Cancel
    • View Profile
    • Orochinagi

marchefelix

• Legendary Wolf
  • X A N A D U
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: November 02, 2013, 08:30:47 AM »
^So you went ahead and called it "Bouncy Edition" xD

Man, this video... is your greatest yet. I loved everything about it: the music, the combos. I had to do a double take on some of them to see if I was really looking at all those touch of death combos. The 4-bar one in particular was insane! And you make it all look so effortless.

Keep up the great work!

Great_Dark_Hero

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: November 02, 2013, 05:43:13 PM »
Very well done, Dark Chaotix!
Nippon Ichi!