Author Topic: Mai Shiranui (Console)  (Read 93364 times)

Dark Chaotix

• Strongest Tiger
  • The Devil Of Dream Cancel
    • View Profile
    • Orochinagi
Re: Mai Shiranui (Console)
« Reply #210 on: November 03, 2013, 03:05:56 AM »
Very well done, Dark Chaotix!
Nippon Ichi!
Thanks!

You have been an  poster for her, so hopefully you find something that helps your game or gives you ideas.

^So you went ahead and called it "Bouncy Edition" xD

Man, this video... is your greatest yet. I loved everything about it: the music, the combos. I had to do a double take on some of them to see if I was really looking at all those touch of death combos. The 4-bar one in particular was insane! And you make it all look so effortless.

Keep up the great work!

Thanks!

yeah I did end up calling it that. Couldnt think of a better name and she is known for "that feature" anyways haha.

There are heaps of other variations to her stun combos, I just kept the ones that I made up. And I think because there are things in the vid that havent been seen yet, maybe its why people like it?

Anyways, she is fun to use, and I would be lying if I said I didnt get frustrated at times haha.

Great_Dark_Hero

• Scion of Flame
  • Lame puns are long gone
    • View Profile
    • Techno Panic Fighting Game Project
« Reply #211 on: December 24, 2013, 12:46:40 PM »
Hey guys, I in the process of creating a Mai tutorial.
In the meantime, here is some more XIII Mai game play by Naoki himself towards the beginning of the video. He pulls off of a very cool HD combo on Mai's behalf - Mai's meter-less corner carry! (HCF+D, QCB+C loops):
 KoF XIII : KCE 476 "5th KCE Cup qualifying rounds" [2]
« Last Edit: December 24, 2013, 12:49:17 PM by Great_Dark_Hero »

Great_Dark_Hero

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: January 01, 2014, 06:11:40 PM »
Happy Birthday, Mai Shiranui!
Mai tutorial still in progress!

Great_Dark_Hero

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: January 27, 2014, 03:53:29 AM »
Mai Tutorials Part 1 and Part 2 are up and ready to go. Part 3 coming soon:
KOFXIII Mai Shiranui Tutorial Part 1
KOFXIII Mai Shiranui Tutorial Part 2

Great_Dark_Hero

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: February 03, 2014, 05:49:51 PM »
The KOFXIII Mai Tutorial is complete!
Part 3, Part 4, and the conclusion are all uploaded.
KOFXIII Mai Shiranui Tutorial Part 3
KOFXIII Mai Shiranui Tutorial Part 4
KOFXIII Mai Tutorial Part 5 Conclusion

Great_Dark_Hero

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: March 03, 2014, 04:32:01 PM »
How could I overlook this...? Mai showed up again in EVO2013:
Please check out Romance vs Hee San Woo:

KOF XIII AGE Romance vs Hee San Woo - EVO 2013

Great_Dark_Hero

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: April 11, 2014, 11:46:21 AM »
[spoiler] https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7LTeDeObCU4&feature=player_embedded [/spoiler]
Start at points 30:44, 1:12:01 and 1:26:06

Great_Dark_Hero

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: May 06, 2014, 02:34:31 AM »
Guttscl himself has a Mai Shiranui safe jump set up for us! Check this out!
http://dreamcancel.com/2014/05/05/kofxiii-mai-shiranui-3f4f-safejump-by-guttscl/

The Fluke

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: May 06, 2014, 06:48:11 AM »
Nice with safejumps that are this easy to set up.

Another funny thing you can do after air throws is immediately hop and air d.B right above the ground wich gives you a little frame advantage if done right. You get just enough to make a follow up d.B unjumpable. In the corner you get to hitconfirm with a full d.B d.B s.A string so that's neat. I suppose that's a good way to fake a safejump and beat an anti safejump ex grab against some characters, but aside from that it's just funny.

Great_Dark_Hero

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: May 09, 2014, 07:20:01 AM »

Great_Dark_Hero

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: May 11, 2014, 05:10:52 AM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKbcc6b3_5I
Getting three Ryuenbuu's after EX Ryuenbuu in the corner.
The Four Ryuenbuu trick. It is easier to do from cr.Bx2, cr.A.
One you will visually be able to tell if the opponent is blocking or and if you're getting in a few hits before continuing the combo. If you do get the confirmer, fire away with EX qcb+P... then IMMEDIATELY follow up with another qcb+C. Make a slight delay on the next qcb+C then fire off another qcb+C.
After then, you can either do a drive cancel off of the last qcb+C or simply end the combo. Either way, Mai will be the one with the advantage.

Great_Dark_Hero

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: May 20, 2014, 04:55:09 AM »
To combo after Mai's air version EXDM, the opponent needs to be on the ground. In the corner, this means Mai can get a lot of damage if she has drive meter and she build more meter during the combo follows after hitting the opponent with the air EXDM. Use the air to your advantage when applicable.

Another thing to remember is that Mai's ground CD attack is also very nice.
CH CD attack (whiff cancel) qcf+A, qcb+C, qcb+C, qcb+C, Air Throw will net Mai 466 damage for meter less. Try to capitalize off of counter hit CD/j.CD attacks in the corner. If you get a counter hit CD/j.CD in the mid screen, Mai can similar dash forward and perform an air throw to get the hard knockdown.

Great_Dark_Hero

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: May 28, 2014, 08:52:40 PM »
Mai offensive strategy from up close:
 There is a pretty proficient method of continuing offense with Mai: Notice that Mai is plus frames on her j2C (in front) and 0 frames on block from EX air qcb+P while cr.C comes out quickly and whiff cancels. Basically, you're like a loop in a way. cr.C, d~charge~uf+P, j2B, air qcb+A (or EX), then cr.C or cr.D into d~charge~uf+P again. cr.D WILL cancel into special moves... cr.D into d~charge~uf+P, j2B for low overhead. Relatively safe on block if you use j2B as early as possible during d~charge~uf+P. As you mix the opponent up this way, you can also try visually confirming into a combo or run-up throws.
 Always remember that Mai's j2B will hit the opponent overhead and that it is plus frames at lower heights.
 Air qcb+A is safe if you aim towards the opponents legs. EX air qcb+P is safe altogether (at 0 frames on block).
 cr.C comes out very quickly. You can also resort to her cr.B or st.A for confirming into a combo.
 You can also whiff cancel her cr.D into her special moves.
 Try to maintain a degree of discretion while applying the offense. Because, Mai has quite a few moves that are, in fact, plus frames or neutral on block. Don't be afraid to go for mix ups.

The player also needs to remember that they don't always have to play a certain way either. If something is not working, try something else. Be creative. A intermediate player is not going to fall for generic tricks, unless they are ignorant of the match up (i.e. bad at the game) altogether. Play keep away or passive aggressively when the situation calls for it, so that you can win. Mai is very good at that sort of thing, even supporting the concept of "Yomi", and/or dealing with players who are desperately aggressive or like to auto-pilot too much.

#ShiranuiNinja. (^ That's what ninja's do).

Great_Dark_Hero

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: June 07, 2014, 01:27:03 PM »
Take a look at Louffy's Mai! This is very recent!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YAi8hCa6cMM

Great_Dark_Hero

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: June 15, 2014, 03:39:02 AM »
Here is a small sample of Mai's crouching heavy normals canceled to Musasabi (down~charge~up+P) then j2B.
As implied in the Mai tutorial THIS CAN BE A BLOCK STRING if you are quick enough with the j2B input after ground Musasabi. The j2B is still going to be an overhead (and cr.D can be whiff cancelled in to her ground Musasabi or other special moves as well).
j2B used in front of the opponent is plus frames on block. Most of Mai's light normals, close heavy normals and her cr.C will come out quick enough to keep the pressure going.

(cr.C/cr.D, ground Musasabi > instant j2B, (land) cr.C...
you can repeat this to confuse or continue on with block strings... or she can pressure the opponent with crouching light normals, stand A... and tick throws/running throws - low/throw games are general dangerous in this game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AsSrfNQmulk

Note that EX Iori can not mash DP or normals between Mai's crouching heavy normals into ground Musasabi instant j2B.