Author Topic: Yuri Sakazaki (Console)  (Read 59225 times)

BierKlauMeister

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
Re: Yuri Sakazaki (Console)
« Reply #60 on: June 24, 2012, 06:13:04 PM »
Hey guys, just started playing yuri on point, shes a great battery :). Anyway, can someone tell me how to setup her crossup divekick constantly after a command grab and after a bnb 2b 2b 5b dpc? Ive seen romance and other guys doing it but i cant get it to crossup consistently enough, like it feels like i get "lucky" every time it crosses up :(.

A consistent setup would be great ^_^

Thx

Sharnt

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 24, 2012, 06:19:17 PM »
After the command throw run hyper hop and with time you will learn the specific timing and spacing, you can try in training though.
The dp is the same thing, just keep in mind they can fast recover after the dp and thus run to make them fear the throw and use dp.D~C to juggle them in the air.

It's just important to master both ways to use the dive kick : from jumps and from demon flip, on wakeup I think "manual" dive kick is better. And demon flip must be used only for specific setup or to cancel a normal.

Instead of doing d.B,d.B,s.B,dp.C you can also do d.B,s.B,hcb.B instead to have a better okizeme.
Follow me on Twitter for a lot of stuff on KoF XIII :
https://twitter.com/SharntGroMuzo

BierKlauMeister

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 24, 2012, 06:52:22 PM »
Thanks man, ill be practicing the timing then

Sharnt

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 24, 2012, 08:53:59 PM »
I don't know, I just know when I must jump and press B to do either kind of cross ups :/

Tomorrow i'll try to find a way to explain it, but it's that basically you run hyper hop and depending on the timing and spacing you end with a cross up or not.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2012, 08:55:40 PM by Sharnt »

Diavle

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 01, 2012, 05:21:20 PM »
Is mashing jab a viable counter to her post light kick string? When she does the whole dive kick thing.

I was playing against a Yuri using K' and just mashed sA after her sB and he beat all her demon flips clean every time. This also beats that mixup where they like to do the running grab after sB.

desmond_kof

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • Practice everyday without neglect
    • View Profile
    • DesmondDELAGHETTO youtube page
« Reply #65 on: July 01, 2012, 05:40:17 PM »
Yeah, jabs can beat her demon flips pretty well...I've also been just training myself of just superjumping backwards with normal that points diagonally down (ex King's j.C, Kyo's j.C, EX Iori j.CD).
"Do not place so much importance on winning. The fight itself has value."

Diavle

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 02, 2012, 12:33:09 AM »
Nice, wasn't sure if it actually works or the guy was messing up on his end.

And yeah, the counter you mention is a good one too. First saw it when Bala used Shen's sj.C against Romance at CEO, shut down his Yuri shenanigans pretty good.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2012, 12:35:20 AM by Diavle »

Sharnt

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 02, 2012, 10:29:56 AM »
Be careful if the Yuri player knows you're going for a normal he can do the dive kick with a fast timing which will result in a frametrap leading for a free combo (Plus in this case there is an anti roll option select).
If you jump/backdash he can mind it and do the C followup and combo.

t3h mAsTarOth...!

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 16, 2012, 02:54:03 AM »
s.C+D is so amazing... s.C+D, dp+D, dive kick can't be jumped out of if done up close... It anti-airs like crazy... Mid-screen you can spend a bar for dp+BD and always guarantee a follow-up... On regular hit just throw and on counter hit do the C follow-up and combo further... If you corner them then spend 1 more drive for big damage...
« Last Edit: July 18, 2012, 01:14:16 PM by t3h mAsTarOth...! »
KOFXIII - Raiden, Billy, Mai, Karate, Kim, Ralf, Ryo, Robert

SC 1-5 - Astaroth

SaMsTarOth t3h mAsTarOth of AsTarOth...!

Tikok

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 20, 2012, 02:23:09 AM »
I'd like to share this with my fellow Yuri players~

Her Saiha A is a pretty neat anti air and is a hard knockdown so it allows Yuri to get in for free. But for some reasons, Saiha A is only a hard knockdown on normal hit...

If it hits counterhit, the opponent can tech. Keep that in mind when timing your jumps after anti airing with Saiha~

Fadedsun

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 20, 2012, 03:29:15 AM »
What's a good idea to do once your opponent expects a demon flip after a block string and they're going to jab you out of it? Just end the blockstring with a fireball instead to induce mindgames, then try to demonflip into divekick later?

Tikok

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 20, 2012, 03:40:59 AM »
Don't use Houyoku to end your blockstrings then.

You can try to get an opening with c.B > run > c.B or try to frame trap with c.B > c.C , tick throw with hcb D , delay c.D > dp B+D ~ B then apply more mixups.
Yuri has a lot of tools, make sure you use all of them and don't get predictable doing nothing but Houyoku > Dive kick.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2012, 03:46:43 AM by Tikok »

Fadedsun

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 29, 2012, 09:24:40 PM »
Why is it that sometimes when I try to DC into her demon flip from an upper cut I'll get a Raioken instead of demon flip? Does anyone else have this problem?

Tikok

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 29, 2012, 10:08:45 PM »
To avoid that I just don't use shortcuts and do dp P > dp K.

Fadedsun

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 29, 2012, 11:34:21 PM »
To avoid that I just don't use shortcuts and do dp P > dp K.

Just spent some time in practice mode trying this instead of the usual shortcut that I do for DPs. It's more of a pain, but I think it ensures better execution. Thanks!