Author Topic: Robert Garcia (Console)  (Read 62971 times)

Diavle

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: Robert Garcia (Console)
« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2012, 09:05:04 PM »
jC, sC, f+B, f+A (1 hit), db fwd+BD, dp+C (393 dmg)

This is the max damage I've been able to get for 1 bar, simple and hits hard.

What's interesting about this combo is that unlike Takuma where you have to start charging immediately after doing the f+B, Robert can actually cue up the f+A after the f+B and start charging early.

In other words, you can enter the f+A early (right after entering f+B, you can even enter it right before the kick connects, its that lenient) and have it come out automatically. So you get lots of time to charge the db fwd+BD.

Nikolai VolKOF

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 07, 2012, 08:48:18 AM »
that's a pretty legit combo thanks  man

jfatx

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 09, 2012, 07:32:43 AM »
So I was wondering... what use is Robert's  ;fd ;bk ;fd kick special? It seems like it is simply a combo ender, and the command grab does more damage. Is there a way to implement this move into my game?

BioBooster

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
  • PSN: BioBoosterUnit
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 09, 2012, 08:31:14 AM »
The normal version? It's decent at racking meter , otherwise would leave it alone for the most part.

jfatx

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 09, 2012, 08:52:26 AM »
Okay, thanks. What about the EX version?

BioBooster

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 09, 2012, 09:00:44 AM »
Yep. You can juggle afterwards in the corner without DC'ing so that's got some utility.

thec0re3

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
    • Fighting Games Online
« Reply #21 on: June 03, 2012, 07:38:56 PM »
So I've been wondering, is there a consensus as to the learning difficulty of Robert. I know he has been considered a top tier character but not many people play with him.  I'm not giving up on him I definitely want to learn him but the biggest thing that frustrates me about him is a lot of his drive cancels. The two that seem to create the biggest damage are his dp+p into fwd,bk,fwd+k(the ony shortcut seems to be dp+p, into bk,fwd but can't be sure)  and his dp+HP into his QCB+K.

He seems to have a great jump D and his close HP is very fast....so fast that a lot of times I fail to take advantage of it a lot of time during the match not realizing it hit-confirmed.  I haven't had enough time to learn how to punish with robert but I know he is an incredible character. I usually choose him to anchor the team. 

White

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 03, 2012, 08:10:36 PM »
So I've been wondering, is there a consensus as to the learning difficulty of Robert. I know he has been considered a top tier character but not many people play with him.  I'm not giving up on him I definitely want to learn him but the biggest thing that frustrates me about him is a lot of his drive cancels. The two that seem to create the biggest damage are his dp+p into fwd,bk,fwd+k(the ony shortcut seems to be dp+p, into bk,fwd but can't be sure)  and his dp+HP into his QCB+K.

He seems to have a great jump D and his close HP is very fast....so fast that a lot of times I fail to take advantage of it a lot of time during the match not realizing it hit-confirmed.  I haven't had enough time to learn how to punish with robert but I know he is an incredible character. I usually choose him to anchor the team. 

I don't see Robert as an Anchor at all hes not that good, hes more of a point or second character if youre going to use meter but

Ill post what a top player here in so cal has told me about Robert

"Robert is a gimmicky character hes only top tier because you can throw shit out and it will be safe like the fireball to charge kick you see many do etc but if youre planning on tier whoring go with someone that has more tools and is more ample like Hwa Saiki or Chin you can never go wrong with them"

It kind of makes sense to me robert is alright but there are better characters but if youre going to use him put him on point

I know shortcuts help when using the character

http://dreamcancel.com/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=47ecb816dfbc1bb3e9057246f5cb26d1&topic=1701.0

9inchsamurai

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 04, 2012, 04:55:01 AM »
So I've been wondering, is there a consensus as to the learning difficulty of Robert. I know he has been considered a top tier character but not many people play with him.  I'm not giving up on him I definitely want to learn him but the biggest thing that frustrates me about him is a lot of his drive cancels.

I recently picked him up and I definitely agree that his drive cancels are kinda tough; the timing on his qcb. K after doing a dp. C is pretty strict in order to get it to hit, but you only really need to hit that cancel once and the rest are from his dp. A (in the corner anyway).

"Robert is a gimmicky character hes only top tier because you can throw shit out and it will be safe like the fireball to charge kick you see many do etc but if youre planning on tier whoring go with someone that has more tools and is more ample like Hwa Saiki or Chin you can never go wrong with them"

I don't think that's completely fair. Robert has his share of great normals, a command grab, and a taco kick so it's not all just "gimmicky stuff."

SPLIPH

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 04, 2012, 05:26:13 AM »

I don't think that's completely fair. Robert has his share of great normals, a command grab, and a taco kick so it's not all just "gimmicky stuff."

hmmm i play against an extremely high lvl robert somewhat frequently. his robert makes me scared to even move or press any buttons at times. i always felt robert is a really amazing character.

does his greatness not stand out so much at the most top lvl of play or what?

t3h mAsTarOth...!

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 06, 2012, 10:09:47 PM »
Trying out new characters... Done learning Ryo... Next is Robert... I was actually teaching someone robert... He is amazing... Best Robert in kof history... he has everything... I would agree that he is not an anchor character... I'm using him on point... However, he gets stronger with meter... All his meter options give him better stuff... Also His Neomax is pretty bad ass...
KOFXIII - Raiden, Billy, Mai, Karate, Kim, Ralf, Ryo, Robert

SC 1-5 - Astaroth

SaMsTarOth t3h mAsTarOth of AsTarOth...!

BioBooster

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 07, 2012, 05:55:49 AM »
If you could convince me he's stronger than 2k2um EX Robert, would be in your debt sir.

Let us know how it goes after a few days :D

t3h mAsTarOth...!

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 07, 2012, 01:19:19 PM »
If you could convince me he's stronger than 2k2um EX Robert, would be in your debt sir.

Let us know how it goes after a few days :D
posted a few combos in the combo thread...

SC 1-5 - Astaroth

Malik

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
  • Student of this game called life....
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 08, 2012, 01:36:58 AM »
KoF XIII : Nishinippori Versus (2012/6/2) [Part 3]
Azuki Neko from Nishinippori Versus with some sick Robert play, watch for 00:59, I barfed when I first saw it.
"I used to be a christian then I met anime.. now i practice witchcraft and dark magics."
-Anony on Sankaku

t3h mAsTarOth...!

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 15, 2012, 06:36:50 PM »
Holy shit... What a reset... He is such a good first... I got my buddy to use him second... He likes blowing meter with him which is not bad but not that much more rewarding than battery robert... Still pretty scary cause his damage goes up...

SC 1-5 - Astaroth