Author Topic: Robert Garcia (Console)  (Read 63271 times)

selfReg

• Scion of Flame
  • Plateau of Invincibility
    • View Profile
    • Squirrel UK
Re: Robert Garcia (Console)
« Reply #75 on: January 28, 2013, 04:17:09 AM »
he probably thought it was unnecessary to keep the original posted, since it didn't fully demonstrate the HD's wall-to-wall capability.
KOFXIII: N-Robert, Ryo, R2 Takuma

t3h mAsTarOth...!

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: January 28, 2013, 03:29:55 PM »
Yup exactly... The new video I posted makes the other one pointless...

Also I found out a really cool mid-screen reset for Robert... j.C, s.C, f+B, dp+C, DC, qcb+BD, d/b~f+BD (has to be at the highest possible height you can connect it)... After you do neutral hop/jump D, qcb+D... Depending on whether you hopped or jumped, you will either land in front of them or behind them... This mix-up is almost impossible to see and will land you right next to them for another combo if they can't block right...
KOFXIII - Raiden, Billy, Mai, Karate, Kim, Ralf, Ryo, Robert

SC 1-5 - Astaroth

SaMsTarOth t3h mAsTarOth of AsTarOth...!

AirLancer

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: February 01, 2013, 02:09:34 AM »
Very extensive Robert combo video, out of Japan.

Looks like they've yet to discover my own patented max-damage Partial Law combo set ups. Let's beat them to the punch!

Meanwhile, let's see if I can find some more damage HD combos after the EX Command Grab (yet another idea that seems so obvious on the surface, yet I just never put 2 and 2 together.)

Also, I discovered this neat little trick. I think it's a useful trick to keep in mind if you ever have a back-turned opponent in an HD combo.

I also don't have it on video, but if you hop backwards, they'll land in front of you at which point you can do a divekick into dp+A, or EX divekick if you have the meter. In that fashion, opponents who associate Robert's immediate hop with the cross up will then once again block incorrectly and get hit. Within that vein, you could also delay the reset hit, causing the opponent to fall in front at which point you could hop, potentially triggering the same "cross up" thought response.

EDIT: Another option to reset is to walk a very short distance backwards and then reset the opponent, which will always cause them to land in front. If the opponent is ever caught in Robert's back-turned combo, one wrong guess can mean immediate loss of a character as Robert's corner combo with Partial Law finisher generally does more than 730 damage, along with the extra reset hit. Whereas the follow-up combo can deal more than 270.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2013, 01:51:47 PM by AirLancer »

AirLancer

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: February 01, 2013, 10:40:52 AM »
Also I recorded some EX Ryuuren Geneikyaku to HD Combo footage. While they might not be touches of death, they do make getting grabbed by a stocked Robert a real concern, especially if the opponent has already taken some damage.

t3h mAsTarOth...!

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: February 01, 2013, 04:19:43 PM »
Oh man that corner reset after HD is amazing... Good work AirLancer... I swear, Robert's potential is limitless...

SC 1-5 - Astaroth

t3h mAsTarOth...!

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: February 01, 2013, 07:23:18 PM »
Someone posted a 4 bar 1000 damage combo for Robert...

SC 1-5 - Astaroth

selfReg

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
    • Squirrel UK
« Reply #81 on: February 01, 2013, 07:37:01 PM »
I haven't really tried it, but getting two consecutive reps of dp -> fireball is totally new to me.

Flowtaro

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: February 01, 2013, 08:20:43 PM »
is there a reason Robert doesn't have frame data on the wiki...?

AirLancer

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: February 02, 2013, 02:39:21 AM »
I haven't really tried it, but getting two consecutive reps of dp -> fireball is totally new to me.

I've tried it before, it's pretty hard and I can't do it consistently. You can see BALA do it in some of his combo vids. Note that the combo video is from the arcade version (non-Climax), so I'm not sure if that combo is even still possible.

EDIT: Actually, now that I try it again it's not really that hard...

Probably because it doesn't exist.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2013, 04:50:15 PM by AirLancer »

selfReg

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
    • Squirrel UK
« Reply #84 on: February 02, 2013, 02:48:38 AM »
I've tried it before, it's pretty hard and I can't do it consistently. You can see BALA do it in some of his combo vids. Note that the combo video is from the arcade version (non-Climax), so I'm not sure if that combo is even still possible.

good eye about the arcade thing, I just now noticed. Although, I believe in the Japanese comp you posted there are a few HDs shown where the player does it.

t3h mAsTarOth...!

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: February 02, 2013, 01:06:43 PM »
Guys i checked it and it still works... What you do is connect the qcf+A at the lowest possible height... Then dp+C, DC, qcf+C, dp+C, DC, qcf+A...

SC 1-5 - Astaroth

AirLancer

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: February 02, 2013, 03:41:54 PM »
I'd just be worried about the consistency of being able to it in the heat of the moment. I mean, there's a reason Robert's other HD combos (dp+C, fireball, dp+A, divekick repeat) are more prevalent.

EDIT: The combo itself works, but the damage is less. In that video, j.C, cl.D HD cl.D did 310 damage. In the console version, the same string does 265. The same combo does 954, not 1003. It's because cl.D in console took a damage nerf compared to Arcade. Even watching the first time, I thought "the amount of damage he did compared to the amount of hits he gave is way off right now."

Btw: The reset posted previously of course works with dp+C DC divekick/EX divekickk as well.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2013, 07:56:18 PM by AirLancer »

Flowtaro

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: February 04, 2013, 09:34:16 PM »

Probably because it doesn't exist.

let me rephrase: is there a reason Robert's frame data doesn't exist? did the person just stop after doing most of the characters?

t3h mAsTarOth...!

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: February 05, 2013, 12:37:01 AM »
Probably... We are missing frame data for a bunch of characters... I tested some frame data for Mai myself but that was about it...

Another Robert reset... mid-screen... s.C, f.B, f.A, d/b~f+BD, s.A... Jump C or super jump BD... You can also super jump and EX Dive Kick if you know that they know that you super jumped...

Also I'm pretty sure AirLancer's resets will work if you punish someone from behind into the corner with this combo...
« Last Edit: February 05, 2013, 07:13:48 PM by t3h mAsTarOth...! »

SC 1-5 - Astaroth

AirLancer

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: February 06, 2013, 02:32:24 AM »
As I said, it'll work anytime you have a backturned, cornered opponent. You can also reset off of dp+C DC divekicks and EX divekicks.