Author Topic: Takuma Sakazaki (Console)  (Read 66213 times)

Oktoberfest

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
Re: Takuma Sakazaki (Console)
« Reply #120 on: July 05, 2013, 12:35:00 AM »
RE: 1 frame link Takuma nearly impossible ? (qcf D, cr A viceversa)

Hi. I play kof on a tv with 42 ms input lag, ps3 (tested via lag bodnar test and evaluated as "good", samsung ps60e6500 plasma, pc mode via hdmi).
However, when I put the Dummy on 1 hit guard it is nearly impossible to land above 1-frame links consistently, far less than 10% of tryouts (using for example iori as dummy). is it possible that the timing on the dummy is even more strict that in a regular match ?!
Or is it simply beause of the above input lag of estimated 2 frames of the tv? I am getting desperate. If it is indeed the timing, could somebody make a short slow-motion video where it is shown at which animation frame the exact input must be done? cu

mechanica

• New Challenger
  • *hic*
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: July 12, 2013, 12:48:19 AM »
It's hard whether it's in a match or in the lab. I've heard it's technically a two frame link as you can press the button a frame early and it will still come out. You gotta press jab before it looks like Takuma is recovered either way. It doesn't look like he is able to press a button yet he is. Try double-tapping with middle then index, or index then middle, like a very fast double drumming almost at the same time.

If you're playing on pad, good luck. I would just do other combos.
http://www.youtube.com/pantailamon
(check out the safejump playlist!)

mechanica

• New Challenger
  • *hic*
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: September 01, 2013, 06:36:53 AM »
When your opponent is backturned, there is a window when they turn around where they lose their throw invincibility they normally have coming out of blockstun. Characters with easy ways to get those crossups when you land on the same side (but your opponent turns around) can utilize this more easily than others.

Takuma: cr.B cr.B st.B xx fbf+P -> forward roll (hold button buffer this) -> normal jump D.

If you time the jD correctly, they'll turn around and as soon as you land you can go for a regular command grab. Dirty.
http://www.youtube.com/pantailamon
(check out the safejump playlist!)

Princemurphy

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: September 06, 2013, 02:27:28 PM »
When your opponent is backturned, there is a window when they turn around where they lose their throw invincibility they normally have coming out of blockstun. Characters with easy ways to get those crossups when you land on the same side (but your opponent turns around) can utilize this more easily than others.

Takuma: cr.B cr.B st.B xx fbf+P -> forward roll (hold button buffer this) -> normal jump D.

If you time the jD correctly, they'll turn around and as soon as you land you can go for a regular command grab. Dirty.

Do you have video of this? I cant seem to get the back turn.

LazieFreddy

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: September 09, 2013, 07:45:39 AM »

karsius

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: September 09, 2013, 07:58:46 PM »
Anyone know what Takuma's go-to meterless BnB's are? He has so many different enders for combos coming off c.B or s.C(both in the corner and midscreen) and I don't know which is best to work on.

Also is Takuma viable as a battery? Or does he work best in the middle?

selfReg

• Scion of Flame
  • Plateau of Invincibility
    • View Profile
    • Squirrel UK
« Reply #126 on: September 09, 2013, 11:21:56 PM »
if you're starting from cr.B midscreen, I think it's usually best to end with fbf+P with the main reason being that it causes a hard knockdown. This allows you to position yourself for the crossup or other means of pressure for free. If you connect the fbf+P close enough, it's also drive cancelable so you can cancel into the command grab -> cl.C xx fwd+B xx db~f+D, etc. which usually will get you to the corner. I know you said meterless, but that's just another reason fbf+P is a more versatile option. Every now and then I think ending with db~f+B or qcf+B is OK for soft knockdowns and a little forward progress, but yeah fbf+P is your best bet. From cl.C midscreen, pretty much you're looking at cl.C xx fwd+B xx db~f+D -> j.C/D/CD. That's the most damage you'll get and it also positions yourself to continue the pressure upon landing. Practicing the buffer for db~f+D is a must for Takuma play. If the db~f+D gets you close enough to the corner, you can usually juggle with one db~f+B and follow up with fbf+P, or two db~f+Bs and that can end with a cl.C.
KOFXIII: N-Robert, Ryo, R2 Takuma

karsius

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: September 10, 2013, 04:02:02 AM »
if you're starting from cr.B midscreen, I think it's usually best to end with fbf+P with the main reason being that it causes a hard knockdown. This allows you to position yourself for the crossup or other means of pressure for free. If you connect the fbf+P close enough, it's also drive cancelable so you can cancel into the command grab -> cl.C xx fwd+B xx db~f+D, etc. which usually will get you to the corner. I know you said meterless, but that's just another reason fbf+P is a more versatile option. Every now and then I think ending with db~f+B or qcf+B is OK for soft knockdowns and a little forward progress, but yeah fbf+P is your best bet. From cl.C midscreen, pretty much you're looking at cl.C xx fwd+B xx db~f+D -> j.C/D/CD. That's the most damage you'll get and it also positions yourself to continue the pressure upon landing. Practicing the buffer for db~f+D is a must for Takuma play. If the db~f+D gets you close enough to the corner, you can usually juggle with one db~f+B and follow up with fbf+P, or two db~f+Bs and that can end with a cl.C.

Would you recommend ending with fbf+P in the corner or two db~f+Bs to cl.C?

selfReg

• Scion of Flame
  • Plateau of Invincibility
    • View Profile
    • Squirrel UK
« Reply #128 on: September 10, 2013, 05:45:09 AM »
doing two db~fwd+Bs -> cl.C will give you a little more damage and stun, but it's a normal reset so it's techable. Doing one db~fwd+B -> fbf+P will get you pretty much the same meter, and it's a hard knockdown, after which (since you're in the corner) you can do another db~fwd+B which pushes them forward slightly and sets up crossup D clean from a normal forward jump. Obviously you have other general advantages of the hard knockdown. For Takuma, normally the answer to which ender to use is determined by what kind of combo you can create given your drive/meter. Since you're asking about meterless, it's not much of difference.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2013, 05:47:10 AM by MezzoForte »
KOFXIII: N-Robert, Ryo, R2 Takuma

Asica604

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: November 06, 2013, 03:47:40 PM »
Hi all,

I'm completely new to the KOF series and want to main Takuma. That is if I can ever get the cl.C, f+B xx db,f+D combo every time >.<

Anyways my question surrounds execution of something most probably find easier:
cl.C, f+B xx Haohshikouken (F, HCF+C)

My question is after f+B, can I just hold forward 'longer' and that will count as my 'F' for the DM? Meaning after f+D I can basically hold F, then HCF+C? I know you could reply 'just hit the lab' and I have. But since my timing of the cancel is still being worked on, I haven't figured out if you can do it but need the timing right, or the times I've done it I actually somehow went back to neutral and back to Forward again.

Sorry if the question is noob. Just trying to find good times to land my DM's instead of using them in true desperation :) Also coming from SF I find KOF to be very unforgiving in terms of execution. Am really enjoying the game though.

Sharnt

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: November 06, 2013, 10:15:17 PM »
Well i would say that don't use the haoshokoken but the qcf hcb.P DM instead, since it does more damage and gives you a neat hard knockdown.

For the s.C,f.B,db~f.K issue it has been discussed in depth in this forum :D
Follow me on Twitter for a lot of stuff on KoF XIII :
https://twitter.com/SharntGroMuzo

marchefelix

• Legendary Wolf
  • X A N A D U
    • View Profile